Author Topic: dj quik appreciation thread  (Read 481 times)

polepositon

dj quik appreciation thread
« on: June 18, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
lets show love to americas most complete artist. post up ur fav dj quik songs. or, talk bout him on some positivity.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:44:21 PM by poleposition »

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: dj quik appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 09:10:52 PM »
My favorite artist, for sure. I've been listening to his discography, and it's amazing how different all of his albums are from one another, yet he still has his signature sound on all of them. I now officially like every song on TBOD, when at first I didn't care for "Ghetto Rendezvous", "Hydromatic" and "Across The Map", but they've all grown on me.

I watched an interview he did yesterday and he said he was about to finish Suga Free's new album so I'm amped for that.

polepositon

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 09:36:59 PM »
yea. thats what im talking bout. he is my fav too. so true. everything he touches is different but signature. folks will come to my house and be like damn thats hard, who is that, dj quik? its so dif yet signature. this man is amazing. and im so sick of having to defend myself as a woman when it comes to quik. its like im always round mfs who wanna act like im groupied out over quik. im like look, i love music. and i feel his music like for real for real since forever, so, kill the bs cuz i dont give a fuck about you you her him that bitch that nigga yall them.lol. the man is amazing. i didnt like all of BOD also, but, i luv every song now. post up that interview ibbles, if u can. im listn to his discography also. i aint even gone lie though, id fuck the shit outta him and im shy so that means id really fuck this man hahaha. not off no groupie shit. just cuz he completes me. lmao. that completes me is a lil quote from this movie called the ringer wit um, johnny knoxville..neway though...on me fam...dj quik is the best artist ever!!!! and he is so funny. chill and humble. what a musician. this is def his calling and im glad he seen and noticeed that and accepted it specially growing up with the bs he was surrounded by. hats off. im bumpin his music as we speak. you know.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »
i wish hed use the flute and the talkbox a lil more these days...something for the mood is one of the most incredible beats ever put to wax

polepositon

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
dude. i luv that song. so sip the cognac and kick bak cuz thats just what im doing. ha. that beatl the lyrics so smoove. that album off the radar. yessir. did he remix time is money to add pac? cuz i have both versions. and was curious.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »
Here's the interview.

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »
quik is my favorite artist.  i was fortunate enough to meet him last weekend in new york.  i went to his show and then met him afterwards.  i got to talk to him for like ten minutes and he was so incredibly nice.  it is such a shame that he is so under rated.  there was literally less than 75 people at the show i went to.  i couldn't believe it

polepositon

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
thanks ibbles. cool interview. however, i appreciate the fact that he shows luv to dre, but, he, imo, is waaaaaaay better than dre. imo, dre is next to him. but, i dont want this thread to be on anything that will gear it towards some opinionated bs neg shit. so, um, ill just leave that alone. thanks ibbles. so, jones, what did yall talk bout? and wow, less than 75 people? well, thats too bad for those who sleep on him..cuz i know you had a great time and he put on a great show. cant wait to hear his production on the free album. that shit is gonna be bananas. a, yall know i once got a hold of quiks tonite mixed with x clans heed the word song. shit was sick. i think i still got the tape. lol. yes, a tape. im old. haha.

s_dadry

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 11:20:08 PM »
Dopest artist/producer ever! He's a genius!  :)

polepositon

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 11:30:21 PM »
thats what im talkin bout S dadry. real talk. come yall. quik fans post up. post tracks u like, what his music means to u, all that. i wish i could post some tracks but im not at my desk top at the moment when i get to my desk top ima post some tracks. a, on me, he is a genius. rem on forrest gump when the sergant was like guuuuuuuump, u are got damn gifted. u r a genius. lol. thats exactly how i wanna scream that shit to the top of my lungs bout quik. haha.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:21 PM »
Here's the interview.

+1. Dope interview.

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »
I'm gonna list some songs by Quik that I think are underrated even by Quik fans.

"How Come?" - I hardly ever see people mention this song. I think it's the best one on "Balance & Options"
"Chopin Groove" - Quik was really experimenting on UTI and it was dope. This groove is definitely the most overlooked out of them all.
"Do It" by Hi-C - This song is so simple yet so fresh. The electric piano really shines here, as well as the talkbox.
"Fire & Brimstone" - This shit has always been fire to me. Many people were saying it was offbeat but I can't hear that at all. The drum pattern is just unique.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 12:25:43 AM »
Best overall hip-hop artist of all time....really ridiculous how many people do not know listen to his music or even know who he is

He will get his time though. It will come he will appreciated.

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 12:31:05 AM »
i wish hed use the flute and the talkbox a lil more these days...something for the mood is one of the most incredible beats ever put to wax
this. somethin 4 the mood has to be my fav Quik song. and i've always loved the flute on rap songs (lil ghetto boy, let me ride, etc.), it's too bad they don't use it much.

2euce 7even

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 11:49:05 PM »
Dopest artist/producer ever! He's a genius!  :)