Author Topic: SF Rap Artist Sellassie speaks on the word “N#gga” and it’s use by Non Blacks +  (Read 46 times)

INHOUSE TALENT

• Lil Geezy
San Francisco Rap Artist Sellassie speaks on the word “N#gga” and it’s use by Non-Blacks and Blacks in America.

WATCH VIDEO:

Socio-political Rap Artist, Activist and Entrepreneur Sellassie is no stranger to controversy.   As a lyric from his previous record, I’m Tryin’ To Make A Livn’ Not A Killin’ states; “I disturb to increase the peace.”  He can be seen at most anti-war rallys, youth empowerment events and on the front line in police brutality issues.  This artist cares about his community and speaks from the heart with his music and thru his movement.   In response of the current state of rap music and pop culture, Sellassie felt compelled to share with the world his stance on the use of the word “N#gga” and its use by non-blacks and blacks in America.

About Sellassie:
San Francisco Revolutionary Poet and Activist Sellassie has carved his niche as a leading progressive voice in San Francisco Bay Area Hip Hop.  With an acclaimed and award-winning debut release, I’m Tryin’ to Make a Livin’ Not a Killin’ and recent follow-up, Sins of Your Forefathers this upcoming emcee has garnered a street level buzz with a fresh perspective.   Sellassie is proof that there are young black artists that can make music that is creative, street, positive and smart.  He stands firm to his message, has a charismatic presence and is evidence that not every rapper raps negatively, glorifying drugs, guns, women, money or their ego.  He is also the creator and co-producer of the Independent Artist Series, We All We Got + 2Racks Rap Contest.   With over 70 shows on the calendar in the last 2 years in over 15 markets nationwide, the series have distinguished themselves as premier outlets for independent artists.  He is also working with many social, political and youth based initiatives, and is a contributor to various special projects including the film, It Doesn’t Cost Nothin’ to Dream.

WATCH VIDEO:  www.sellassiefrisco.com

Press Contact:
Gina Gallo
info  (at inhousetalent.com
# # #
Inhouse Talent is a San Francisco-based artist management and production company aimed to motivate and inspire thru uncompromised, progressive, independent music and art.