Author Topic: Raekwon Reveals Wu-Tang Clan Is Working On A New Album  (Read 478 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Raekwon Reveals Wu-Tang Clan Is Working On A New Album
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:05:27 AM »
The collective has begun work on the follow-up to 2007's "8 Diagrams."

Wu-Tang Clan is currently working on the follow-up to 2007’s 8 Diagrams, according to group member Raekwon. Speaking with Spinner, the Chef revealed that while the album is in the baby stages, the Hip Hop collective has begun recording for a new LP.

"It's kind of early to announce a new album right now," he said. "We've been working on some things, though. [...] As far as Wu-Tang goes, it's something that we really got to get together first for."

Rae is also working on a tell-all autobiography, and revealed that he was unhappy with the accuracy of last year’s behind-the-scenes documentary Wu-Tang Saga.

"It gets a little weary because everything don't be really so much facts [sic]," he said. "But that be the other guy's opinions on how they want to promote it. I'm used to it. My life ain't a movie, so I just got to let it run out."

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

awol22222

Re: Raekwon Reveals Wu-Tang Clan Is Working On A New Album
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »
This is great news

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 03:42:45 PM »
This is great news
Its always nice to hear Wu-Tang is releasing a new album but RZA nowadays isn't all that so I'm not really looking forward to it as I normally would.

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
If they spread the production out between RZA, Mathematics, Scram Jones, True Master etc. then I will be looking forward to this release. A whole Wu album produced by RZA after the last album would leave me concerned. Would rather have Liquid Swords 2 first though.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
This is great news
Its always nice to hear Wu-Tang is releasing a new album but RZA nowadays isn't all that so I'm not really looking forward to it as I normally would.

c/s
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »
If they spread the production out between RZA, Mathematics, Scram Jones, True Master etc. then I will be looking forward to this release. A whole Wu album produced by RZA after the last album would leave me concerned. Would rather have Liquid Swords 2 first though.
All they need is RZA. 8 Diagrams is a masterpiece. Looking forward to LS2, though, haven't heard any more news on this :(

doggfather

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 05:08:56 AM »
source?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 09:37:03 AM »
source?!

^^^
He's Raekwon, a Wu-Tang Clan member.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

doggfather

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
i know, but where do you read this?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

theremedy360

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 03:32:18 PM »
I'll check this no matter what, but 8 diagrams was a pretty boring album so I'm not expecting a whole lot, hopefully they prove me wrong.