Author Topic: What happened to the Tray Dee Def Jam album?  (Read 855 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What happened to the Tray Dee Def Jam album?
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:46:58 PM »
Is there any word of any unreleased tracks floating around that Tray Dee recorded for a solo album when he was on Def Jam?

The only two tracks I know of that he recorded for the label both came out on soundtracks and they were both bangers... he had "Droppin Bombz" with Sentrel on the classic The Show project and also had "Way 2 Crazy" with Daz off the Rush Hour soundtrack.

That album would of been a banger for sure, maybe a classic
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: What happened to the Tray Dee Def Jam album?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »
dont think the album was recorded.
but yeah, theres another song that leaked - forgot the title.

Okka

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:02:30 PM »
I don't think he was ever signed to Def Jam. It's a shame that Tray Deee never put out a real solo album.

EnzoUK

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »
I don't think he was ever signed to Def Jam. It's a shame that Tray Deee never put out a real solo album.

hes possibly out in 2013 right? anyone think he'll keep rappin? i mean its not like hes got anything else left.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »

hes possibly out in 2013 right? anyone think he'll keep rappin? i mean its not like hes got anything else left.

i hope so.
hes probly goin the muslim-route when he gets out tho (very common for jailbirds)
but u neva know..

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »

i remember him sayin he was done wit rap

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »
The dude is like 50 now anyway. Fuck grandpa rappers. He shouldve dropped a solo (or solos) between 98-03 when the iron was hot for the west. A lot of these dudes held off for so long they pretty much killed off their own careers. Had crook dropped shttbg he easily could've reached atleast gold
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:55:40 PM »
The dude is like 50 now anyway. Fuck grandpa rappers. He shouldve dropped a solo (or solos) between 98-03 when the iron was hot for the west. A lot of these dudes held off for so long they pretty much killed off their own careers. Had crook dropped shttbg he easily could've reached atleast gold
i honestly think Shitbag never dropped because of Suge more so than Crooked...why else would Crooked have so many songs recorded?

funny thing is for that 3 year contract Crooked still got paid salary despite never releasing his own LP there   (he did have an EP tho)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:00:58 PM »
everytime I read Say Hi To The Bad Guy abbreviated I think y'all are calling his album a shitbag  :laugh:

who's got that "Droppin' Bombz" track? honestly never heard it

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
everytime I read Say Hi To The Bad Guy abbreviated I think y'all are calling his album a shitbag  :laugh:

me too lmao   when in reality it would've been a classic fo sho

btw is Tray really 50?
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Will_B

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

me too lmao   when in reality it would've been a classic fo sho

btw is Tray really 50?

No he's 45 - a year younger than Dre..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 02:39:55 PM »
lolllll

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 02:58:09 PM »

he said in an interview that his earliest possible release date is 2013
if he serves his full 12 year sentence he'll be in jail till 2017, lol

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 04:28:56 PM »
he should go to tour in Europe and he'll be rich in no time lmao

lilhalfdre

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 05:32:41 PM »
Trays album from 1997 was called Hell Freezes Over or something!!