Author Topic: Yao Ming Retiring  (Read 258 times)

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Yao Ming Retiring
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
Sources: Rockets’ Yao set to retire

Yao Ming(notes), one of the seminal figures in the globalization of the NBA, has decided to retire after nine injury-plagued seasons with the Houston Rockets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Yao played just five games last season, and hasn’t been able to fully recover after having surgery in January to repair a stress fracture in his left foot. The veteran center informed the Rockets, the league office in New York and NBA China of his decision to leave the game within the past 48 hours, sources said.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Yao Ming Retiring
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
Five games last season & no games the season before. Happy trails, Yao.

theremedy360

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:30:25 AM »
It's a shame for him to go out like this, but now at least he and Tracy McGrady won't get millions of votes from China.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »
It's a shame for him to go out like this, but now at least he and Tracy McGrady won't get millions of votes from China.

I hope they don't vote Yi Jianlin in instead

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 08:23:15 AM »

lol

theremedy360

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »

Lol, they already are.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
Well, nigga cashed in like crazy already. He got paid like 30 millions by the Rockets for 5 games. Oden will do the same, cashing in with one last contract and then retire. Both niggas just aren't made for this. They only became NBA players cause everybody told them it is the logical thing to do.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:10 AM »
Well, nigga cashed in like crazy already. He got paid like 30 millions by the Rockets for 5 games. Oden will do the same, cashing in with one last contract and then retire. Both niggas just aren't made for this. They only became NBA players cause everybody told them it is the logical thing to do.

I don't know.  Yao did seem like a pretty intense competitor.  He may of truly loved the game but his body just couldn't hold up.  Anybody remember Shawn Bradley?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:17:13 PM »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:40:14 PM »

I don't know.  Yao did seem like a pretty intense competitor.  He may of truly loved the game but his body just couldn't hold up.  Anybody remember Shawn Bradley?

Bradley was even worse than both of them combined. I remember him laughing his ass off on the bench of the German national game in very important and intense games, because he just didn't care.

Yao sure had his moments. But this is the right decision.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 03:17:49 PM »
I really would love to see Yao retire for 2-3 years but keep his ass in shape and give it one more shot

dude is amazing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OP

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 04:39:41 PM »
Respect to the GOAA (Greatest of all Asians).

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 01:00:35 AM »

yao in his prime was great...and he played 80+ games in his first three seasons. so it aint like he was injury prone from the get...his body just started breaking down earlier than most peeps, but dont act like he was nothin but a cash cow, son.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
how much of Yao's salary goes to the chinese government?  I know they get a bit
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

theremedy360

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 12:07:56 AM »

yao in his prime was great...and he played 80+ games in his first three seasons. so it aint like he was injury prone from the get...his body just started breaking down earlier than most peeps, but dont act like he was nothin but a cash cow, son.

And to add on to that Oden was a complete beast in his amateur career and was a guy that most GM's were ready to take over Kevin fuckin Durant, the whole notion of him playing cause "everyobdy told them it is the logical thing to do" is pretty ridiculous.