Author Topic: experience with beats by dre headphones?  (Read 727 times)

GangstaBoogy

experience with beats by dre headphones?
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:43:05 PM »
Kinda o/t:

But I'm considering going against my original opinion ($200 for headphones being outrageous) and copping a pair. Usually I wouldn't but with the earphones I've been using (the cheap $10 plugs from wal-mart) they always crap out after a few months and I admit the sound quality is dope as fuck on the bbd's.

So I need some info from the actual owners. Were they worth the money? Do they last long? Warranty? Whattup.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: experience with beats by dre headphones?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
i like my studio joints and music def sounds better...albums that you aint listened to since the 90s sound richer and more full...the place it has helped the most is when making beats my final mixes def show improvement.

Fire Box

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »
I thought I was the only one using the cheap ass pair from Wal Mart. This is good info. Snag a pair as soon as my check comes.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »
Well I got the studio ones, for studio mixing and monitoring, but it was probably a mistake. I guess it all depends on what you are getting them for. For listening to music, they are great especially for rap. Still, for less the price, there are others on the market that can replicate this. If you want them for studio/mixing use, forget it. The bass addition will pretty much make them useless for that. The noise reduction is cool, but the fact that they NEED 2 AAA batteries is a joke, and you will realize this if using them a lot. They are kind of cheap an mine have cracked across the top even though I do take care of them.

All in all, I wouldn't get them unless you got the cash to blow or tried them and liked them.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
Well I got the studio ones, for studio mixing and monitoring, but it was probably a mistake. I guess it all depends on what you are getting them for. For listening to music, they are great especially for rap. Still, for less the price, there are others on the market that can replicate this. If you want them for studio/mixing use, forget it. The bass addition will pretty much make them useless for that. The noise reduction is cool, but the fact that they NEED 2 AAA batteries is a joke, and you will realize this if using them a lot. They are kind of cheap an mine have cracked across the top even though I do take care of them.

All in all, I wouldn't get them unless you got the cash to blow or tried them and liked them.

i guess when your moving up from skull candy any thing is an improvement.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »
I have the studios, I love them. All the people that will talk shit about the price are just some broke muthafuckas that can't afford them

And you don't have to change the batteries much. Just buy some rechargeables and your set

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:56:04 AM »
Get the Solo HD's. I love them.

The Studio's are better, but they are bulkier & less convenient & cost like $100 more. The Solo's still sound almost just as good, are cheaper & more portable. Either way you go though, it's a smart choice for any fan of music.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:59:03 AM by Chamillitary Click, literally. »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »
^ yeah if I do cop some I'm getting the solo's, the studios sound better but they're huge. You only need those if you're a studio engineer or something similar. 

Although at best buy I tried some bose ones. They have a display with this fan thing making a strong noise but when you put the headphones on you can't hear it AT ALL. I was considering some skully candy lakers headphones but I hear horrible things about skullycandy these days. 
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 03:14:40 AM »
100% worth the money. Got the studio whites. Amazing sound and havent changed the batteries yet even though I use them very often.

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 05:40:11 AM »
i got the studio black one & tour white one! yeah studio is dope as fucc!!

8)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:35 AM »
100% worth the money. Got the studio whites. Amazing sound and havent changed the batteries yet even though I use them very often.

I've heard others say this too, but after getting them in December, i'm finding myself changing them at least every 2-3 weeks, albeit I do use them a lot.

As I said though, for studio mixing, you need a flat signal flow and when their "studio" headphones have added bass, that pretty much throws off the entire mix. That being said, I still do mix with them.

Also, they sound much better than any of the other Dre headphones, I definately wasn't gonna get any of the other ones. Still, if it's a good sound you want when listening to music, I do recommend them if price is not an issue. I pretty much can't go back to ear buds after these things, the bass addition is great for rap/rnb (some say they aren't as good for rock, but I think they're fine) and the sound reduction (which is the reason for the batteries) is pretty cool.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 06:57:14 AM »
Co sign what everyone said. I rock the studios at home and the tours when I am out and about. I have the originals but I need the ones with control talk (tours) for my Iphone.

Solos my only complaint is they break easy on the original ones. The HD seem more sturdy so as soon as I save up enough dough I am picking up the HD

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 07:05:46 AM »
The sound quality is good but the build quality is pretty poor. I had the tours because i dont like over-head earphones, anyway only had them a couple of days and the wires started to become exposed then the next pair the sound went in the right ear after a few months then i just gave up. And a couple of my mates had solos/studios and they've snapped

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »
The sound quality is good but the build quality is pretty poor. I had the tours because i dont like over-head earphones, anyway only had them a couple of days and the wires started to become exposed then the next pair the sound went in the right ear after a few months then i just gave up. And a couple of my mates had solos/studios and they've snapped
I had the Tours since October & they're in perfect condition, even though I use them every day for like 1-2 hours. Sound quality is awesome, I'm very pleased with them

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 07:21:38 AM »
sorry to say that but buyng Beats By Dre is a waste of money. I'm not saying they aren't good. They are simply not THAT good to spend such a big money.
I would take Sennheiser's headphone over Dre's. Beats by Dre have over powered bass (not a good thing imo but some people like it), mids are ok while the highs are average at best. BBD is nothing but good marketing. If you want to show off because you wear headphones they wear in videos (good marketing) go buy them.  If you want to feel the difference go buy equaly expensive (much much better than BBD)or even cheaper Sennheiser model (comparable or better than BBD - depends on prize). If you can't hear the difference then it means you don't need such an expensive headphones so don't waste your money.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:31:15 AM by shoo »