Author Topic: experience with beats by dre headphones?  (Read 711 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: experience with beats by dre headphones?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »
I got the studio one which is fucking dope, only inconvenient is that battery sucks and it's made in plastic so it's fucking fragile... mine got cracks all over.
I also got the Pro (fucking expensive) and it's useful to me because it's no more huge bass, it's made for all type of music so if you're a hiphop fan it's not for you.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »
sorry to say that but buyng Beats By Dre is a waste of money. I'm not saying they aren't good. They are simply not THAT good to spend such a big money.
I would take Sennheiser's headphone over Dre's. Beats by Dre have over powered bass (not a good thing imo but some people like it), mids are ok while the highs are average at best. BBD is nothing but good marketing. If you want to show off because you wear headphones they wear in videos (good marketing) go buy them.  If you want to feel the difference go buy equaly expensive (much much better than BBD)or even cheaper Sennheiser model (comparable or better than BBD - depends on prize). If you can't hear the difference then it means you don't need such an expensive headphones so don't waste your money.

c/s

try senns, beyerdynamic, AKG, audiotechnica or grado

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »
Wait, do the solos require batteries? I don't fuck with batteries except for my remotes. Even my camera has a rechargeable batt.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 11:52:58 AM »
Wait, do the solos require batteries? I don't fuck with batteries except for my remotes. Even my camera has a rechargeable batt.

Nah they don't need batteries

The Predator

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »
One thing i always hear is that 'Beats' are over priced. The in-ear versions are they durable? Or do they snap easily like match sticks? Having to bop around with only one speaker, till that too finally fizzles out is annoying.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:23 PM »
Ive had my Studios for about a year now and I love them. $300 is a lot of money but I dont regret buying them. They are good quality headphones and will stay in great shape so long as your take care of them. They come with their own case and thats what I keep them in. My only complaint is that after about an hour of listening my ears start to hurt but that might not be bad thing. I could just be getting old and cant tolerate bass like I used to but they are great. Yes you do need to get yourself some rechargable batteries and even though you need bats, they dont burn as quick as you would think.

As far as mixing and producing music goes, the "Beats Pro" are designed for that. $400 but they are designed for people who use them professionally. The bass is dumbed down and the music comes through more crips so you can properly make need adjustments. Great for producers but not for average listeners.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
I had 2 sets of in-ears in the didnt last that long. One pair lasted a couple of days then the other set lasted a few months.

The Predator

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 12:16:52 PM »
Couple of days?!

There's me hoping they could survive drunken rowdiness.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Couple of days?!

There's me hoping they could survive drunken rowdiness.
The bit in the middle where its splits into 2 cables came away and the wires were exposed. It wasnt that big a deal but they were a gift so they got sent back. Then the new set lasted a few months before the right ear went.

The Predator

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
All the sports-stars, celebs, actors rocking them can afford to buy them in bundles like buying socks.

For hip-hop, what qualities are a must to get the best out of the sound? Too much bass and you cannot hear the lyrics/background, too much treble and the beats sound like tapping tins.

Bastard cheap standard Ipod headphones, worse then the shit you used to get on planes.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
All the sports-stars, celebs, actors rocking them can afford to buy them in bundles like buying socks.

For hip-hop, what qualities are a must to get the best out of the sound? Too much bass and you cannot hear the lyrics/background, too much treble and the beats sound like tapping tins.

Bastard cheap standard Ipod headphones, worse then the shit you used to get on planes.

if you listen to properly mixed track on high quality speakers (f.e. studio monitors) or high quality headphones you'll get the music the way it should sound. the question is do you like this sound. e.g. i hate over powered bass. i like to hear clear sound and over powered bass destroys it. but on the other i know plenty of people who think bass is main factor and when they hear clear sound they say it sounds cheap lol....

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:22 PM »
I was looking to get some Tours too.. Just want to make sure their worth the money.
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

The Predator

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 01:23:27 PM »

if you listen to properly mixed track on high quality speakers (f.e. studio monitors) or high quality headphones you'll get the music the way it should sound. the question is do you like this sound. e.g. i hate over powered bass. i like to hear clear sound and over powered bass destroys it. but on the other i know plenty of people who think bass is main factor and when they hear clear sound they say it sounds cheap lol....

Used to have pair of head phones with a bass booster on/off switch, would radically change the sound of the song either way. I swear CD walk-mans used to sound superior up against today's mp3 players.

Nothing to do with title of this thread but throwing this in here :

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:52 PM »
I got the studios and the beatbox wifeys got the solos, all of em are amazing quality, just make sure you get the HD solos if you do shit apparently snaps if you get the OGs

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »
Ive tried some BBD headphones and there very good, but right now im using Monster Turbine Pro Gold Ear Buds and they are the greatest earbuds ive ever had 8)
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.