Author Topic: £85m Aguero! Man City complete amazing deal to land Argentina striker  (Read 146 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Sergio Aguero will become the most expensive player in Manchester City's history.

City have agreed a deal of £35million plus add-ons with Atletico Madrid, believed to take the fee up to £38m, for the Argentina striker. In handing him a five-year contract worth close to £200,000 per week, the package to land him could reach more than £85m.

The 23-year-old, who will wear No 16 for City, flew into Manchester on Wednesday morning after cutting short a family holiday in his homeland.

He underwent a three-hour medical before agreeing personal terms at the Etihad Stadium, where he was greeted by hundreds of jubilant supporters and spent time signing autographs.

While the club have yet to announce anything, the player himself said the deal was done on his Twitter account last night. 'I'm already a City player,' he wrote. 'Happy to be in this club and this city. Thank you all for the welcome and the reception!'

Yet while Aguero is preparing to embark on a new career in the Barclays Premier League - a decision will be made in the next 24 hours as to whether he is included in the squad who are travelling to Dublin for a friendly tournament - club captain Carlos Tevez is edging closer to joining Inter Milan.

The signing of Aguero shows where City are in the game - 11 years ago this week they were overjoyed to be signing George Weah on a free transfer - and his addition will delight manager Roberto Mancini.

However, Aguero departed the Vicente Calderon Stadium after five years at the club with a stinging rebuke from Atletico manager Gregorio Manzano ringing in his ears. He said: 'Kun (Aguero) could easily have handled this more professionally, more carefully, with more humanity and a bit more class.

'I had to tell all my players to ignore these unnecessary goings on to focus on our UEFA (Europa League) qualifying tie, but it would have been decent of Kun to stop and think about what was important to the club and reconsider his actions.'

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
 :grumpy: