Author Topic: Dopest Polynesians or asians in hip hop?  (Read 537 times)

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
Re: Dopest Polynesians or asians in hip hop?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »
Asian rappers I'm a fan of are:

Bambu (Filipino)

"crooks n rooks"

"seven months"

"queen is dead"

Dumbfoundead (Korean)

"are we there yet"

"bubba kush"

Sneezy Tweet (Cambodian)

"gangsta music"

"lbc cypher"

+1, bambu is hands down the dopest IMO, currently one of my favorite mc's period. Peep that new album 'prometheus brown and bambu walk into a bar', its dope as fuck....dumbfounded is also super dope...gotta mention babu, rhettmatic, writers block,  blue scholars, etc. A lot of dope asian mc's out here, don't sleep.
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Dumbfoundead
D-Pryde
never heard of them where they from?
I bump Bambu too... Filipino guy from the Valley, but he kicks it in other parts of LA and goes to Watts sometimes.  I'm not sure but I think he was from STS.
This is the second time I'm hearing that bambu is from the valley...I doubt this, I thought he was from watts? I saw bambu perform last year at mission college out in sylmar and he said it was his first time being in the valley, other than being locked up at juvie in sylmar. He said he knew some people in pacoima but that's it, so I'm disputing this...and yeah, I'm thinking he was from santanas, he throws it up in his new video 'fish', and you also see it tatted on his hand in 'grown folk music' video...its crazy cuz one of my best friends growing up was from sts and I used to kick it with them sometimes, which was ill cuz I'm mexican but it was all luv...
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 09:22:33 PM »
+1, bambu is hands down the dopest IMO, currently one of my favorite mc's period. Peep that new album 'prometheus brown and bambu walk into a bar', its dope as fuck....dumbfounded is also super dope...gotta mention babu, rhettmatic, writers block,  blue scholars, etc. A lot of dope asian mc's out here, don't sleep.
Out of Bambu's catalog, I bump Chairman Mao, Truth Serum, Gunshots and Two Brains.  There are some other good ones on there too.

This is the second time I'm hearing that bambu is from the valley...I doubt this, I thought he was from watts? I saw bambu perform last year at mission college out in sylmar and he said it was his first time being in the valley, other than being locked up at juvie in sylmar. He said he knew some people in pacoima but that's it, so I'm disputing this...and yeah, I'm thinking he was from santanas, he throws it up in his new video 'fish', and you also see it tatted on his hand in 'grown folk music' video...its crazy cuz one of my best friends growing up was from sts and I used to kick it with them sometimes, which was ill cuz I'm mexican but it was all luv...
A cousin of mine met him at the airport, and she was from North Hollywood and she remembered him saying he was from the Valley too because that was something that they had in common.  I just watched the "Fish" video after you mentioned it (and noticed your comment since it was so much like your post, haha), and he definitely throws up the STS pitchfork at 1:17.  There's no Satanas in Watts (though there is in practically every direction from there, haha), but there is in the Valley, though there were cliques set up by both LA and LB (which you probably know).

Who did you know from STS?  And from which clique?  You can PM me if you don't want to say it on here.

MistaNova

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
Thai

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JqxOQ0SkWPQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JqxOQ0SkWPQ</a>

b.laden

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 03:36:07 AM »
taj he spitz from the bay ,

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »
Locksmith is from the middle east

Still Asian.

kemizt

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 07:52:34 AM »
so does that make indian's, iraqis, egyptians, persians, all asian??
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

b.laden

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 08:19:58 AM »
yes  ! except egyptians, they are africans !

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »
yes  ! except egyptians, they are africans !
Exactly.

kemizt

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 10:53:27 AM »
well middle easterners are not asian that's my point
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 11:01:02 AM »
you can get technichal in many ways im from cali..
In USA, most people refer to Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. as Asians.
Middle Eastern is used for people from Arab countries, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. (even though Pakistan is technically in South Asia and Afghanistan is technically in Central Asia).

In Europe, people are more acceptable to refer to Middle Easterners as Asians

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
Physical geography doesn't necessarily dictate who is "Asian."  If that were the case, then Russians would be Asian too, since more of Russia is part of Asia than it is part of Europe.  But obviously no one classifies Russians as being "Asian," even though it is mostly in Asia.

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
LMAO.. why are they called african's when it was Ethiopia originally.. we can get into a huge geographical historical debate... this will never end because truth be told a lot of our history is covered up anyways so its all our interpretations.  I was just trying to see who out of the Asian community or Polynesian community were dope artist... and ive heard some new talent ive never heard of b4 so good looking out lets spread hip hop music accross the land and seas.. 8)

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 11:16:08 AM »
Yeah I know, I wasn't debating with you.  If anything, I did recommend Bambu before anyone else did.  Check his stuff out.

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »
That's what i did i checked him out after i read about some of the other dudes mentioning about STS... STS besides LA and the Valley is out in the Oxnard Area also..