Author Topic: Preseason Week 1 Official Thread  (Read 177 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Preseason Week 1 Official Thread
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:09:17 AM »
Just wanted to post about the Chiefs/Bucs game a little bit.  I know a few cats might be interested, like Shallow...

The Chiefs got destroyed 25-0.   Most of the Chiefs best players didn't play at all.  Most notably Jamal Charles.  He's a little guy, so they really fear injury with him.  But he's the one that makes the whole offense move.  He is the bread and butter of the Chiefs team.  Also.. on defense, Tamba Hali didn't play and several of their other top defensive guys.   So the score is very misleading.  Josh Freeman had a nice game, he's actually from Kansas City and I had a college course once with his sister.

Shallow you will be happy to know that the offense looked terrible without Charlie Wiess.  There were blitzers running free, untouched to the running back and quarterback all night.  A lot of that can't be blamed on the players, but it has to do with scheme.  So if this game is any indication, you may be right about the Chiefs going backwards offensively this year after losing Charlie Wiess.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Preseason Week 1 Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 12:17:24 AM »
I don't think I've ever once based my thoughts on the season over pre-season games. The Jets could get blown out every game 42-0, I'd still think we're a top team in the AFC.

& whose giving away schemes & potential footage to opposing teams when it doesn't even count?

Pre-season is just a teaser for the fans.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:50:54 AM »
I don't judge the season based on these games. I just dn't see KC making a run this year. Haley has already shown he can't run that offense right, and Wies was like a real band aid for them. They do have a lot of talent abd if you traded Cassel of Peyton Manning, by week 4 they'd be a way better offense than the Colts, but Cassel, like Orton, and yes like Brady, is only as good as the system he plays in. It's something I said back in 08 before he ever took a snap, and I've been right about everything so far. I've got no reason to doubt myself now.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:45 PM »
I don't judge the season based on these games. I just dn't see KC making a run this year. Haley has already shown he can't run that offense right, and Wies was like a real band aid for them. They do have a lot of talent abd if you traded Cassel of Peyton Manning, by week 4 they'd be a way better offense than the Colts, but Cassel, like Orton, and yes like Brady, is only as good as the system he plays in. It's something I said back in 08 before he ever took a snap, and I've been right about everything so far. I've got no reason to doubt myself now.

Well.. this season will certainly test your theory.  Because I think Cassel will have an even better season then last year's Pro Bowl year.   I have confidence in the Haley/Cassel combination.   The only drawback I see is their strength of schedule this year. 

...it will be fun to watch, I will pull up these old threads at the end of the season so we can see who was right.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
It doesn't mean a whole lot but the Titans looked good in game 1. Hasselbeck & Locker provided great QB play, The running game was decent without CJ, Hawkins was a WR standout, Cook is poised for a big year at TE as well. The OLine & DLine looked very nice as well. Klug has been a hell of a surprise in camp, an impact rookie right away. Ayers is another impact rookie, looking like a beast at LB. Casey was another good draft pick, a big run stuffer in the middle of that Dline. Smith was another BIG DT signing too. Our trio of CB's Finnegan, Mccourty & Verner are very nice as well.

I can't wait for the season  8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »
It doesn't mean a whole lot but the Titans looked good in game 1. Hasselbeck & Locker provided great QB play, The running game was decent without CJ, Hawkins was a WR standout, Cook is poised for a big year at TE as well. The OLine & DLine looked very nice as well. Klug has been a hell of a surprise in camp, an impact rookie right away. Ayers is another impact rookie, looking like a beast at LB. Casey was another good draft pick, a big run stuffer in the middle of that Dline. Smith was another BIG DT signing too. Our trio of CB's Finnegan, Mccourty & Verner are very nice as well.

I don't know about the Titans... it sounds to me you are just falling victim to all that preseason optimism every team experiences this time of year.   I'm not following them as closely as you are, but my guess is that they are still just a middle of the road team at best.  Matt Hasselback is washed up.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:01:04 PM »

I don't know about the Titans... it sounds to me you are just falling victim to all that preseason optimism every team experiences this time of year.   I'm not following them as closely as you are, but my guess is that they are still just a middle of the road team at best.  Matt Hasselback is washed up.

I've been extremely optimistic before the preseason game. I think the worst record they'll have is 7-9, but 10-6 wouldn't shock me. They're a team on the rise with this new era.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com