Author Topic: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 10223 times)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Game - The R.E.D. Album [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2011, 11:56:49 PM »
Between RED, Purp & Patron, Hangover, Hood Morning, who in rap was fucking with Game's discography for the year of 2011?

Basically anyone in rap not putting out mediocre mixtapes. Don't get me wrong, there's a few heaters on each. But as a whole, every one of those projects is weak. Game has spent way too much time this year making southern tracks, pop tracks, and having wack features. He has zero direction. I love songs like The City where he not only makes a great song but brings in a great future. But for every good song he has made this year, there's two wackass ones. For every great feature like Kendrick Lamar, there's 3 Lil Wayne/Gucci Mane/T-Pain collabs. I mean seriously?

But you act like Gucci Mane made that song bad? I thought "Wow" was honestly a dope track. And "Can You Believe It" with Wayne shoulda been on RED Album. What was wrong with those guests. I agree with the zero direction - but if any artist threw together 100 tracks in the same year, best believe there's not going to be much direction.

Blood$

« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2011, 01:44:47 PM »
Between RED, Purp & Patron, Hangover, Hood Morning, who in rap was fucking with Game's discography for the year of 2011?

Game most def had the best mixtapes of the year by a landslide

and I actually just bumped the whole album today for the first time in about a week or so, as of now I'm only skipping "Hello", even "All The Way Gone" ain't bad if you're riding with a female in your passenger seat  ;)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2011, 12:55:39 AM »

Basically anyone in rap not putting out mediocre mixtapes. Don't get me wrong, there's a few heaters on each. But as a whole, every one of those projects is weak. Game has spent way too much time this year making southern tracks, pop tracks, and having wack features. He has zero direction. I love songs like The City where he not only makes a great song but brings in a great future. But for every good song he has made this year, there's two wackass ones. For every great feature like Kendrick Lamar, there's 3 Lil Wayne/Gucci Mane/T-Pain collabs. I mean seriously?

But you act like Gucci Mane made that song bad? I thought "Wow" was honestly a dope track. And "Can You Believe It" with Wayne shoulda been on RED Album. What was wrong with those guests. I agree with the zero direction - but if any artist threw together 100 tracks in the same year, best believe there's not going to be much direction.

Wow is a horrible song. It's basically a Gucci Mane song featuring Game doing a Gucci Mane impression. Unless you're a Gucci mane fan, you should think its horrible. And I am not a fan of Gucci Mane obviously.

Can You Believe It....what is there to like about that song? Game's lyrics? Negative. Birdman on the hook and doing a verse? Negative. Wayne's corny punchlines? Negative. I think by now you should realize I'm not a fan of trap.

If you think that shit is dope, well....its my opinion you have a horrible taste in music. I was under the impression most of Game's fans weren't into that shit. I see people here shitting on Gucci Mane and Wayne on the daily. I don't waste my time shitting on it, but I don't pretend like its dope either.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »
^ "and im all about my cake...red velvet!"

hahah i'm not a fan of can you believe it, aside from the beat. I can't hate on "wow" that shit was dope and hits hard.

With all the music game released this year i'd say 85% of it was dope. I heard some game lines this year that made me just want to change the track, i like all i know off "RED" but always  :-\ when i hear "i aint ya average mothafucka im a mothafuckkinggg G"

on a bright note on all i know i loved that line "nigga pay ya graditude/before you say im actng rude/understand im trying to feed my people/haitti just like compton the way im packin food"

Blood$

« Reply #334 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
I've been low key bumpin' "Wow" but never bothered to even mention it here since I know 90% of this forum don't fuck with Gucci, and that song is West coast influenced more than anything just listen to the beat, you can only say it's "trap" just cuz of the Gucci verse/hook

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
I've been low key bumpin' "Wow" but never bothered to even mention it here since I know 90% of this forum don't fuck with Gucci, and that song is West coast influenced more than anything just listen to the beat, you can only say it's "trap" just cuz of the Gucci verse/hook

plus Game is doing a Gucci impression. It might as well be a Gucci song.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2011, 11:55:48 AM »
I like the beat on Wow but thats it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »
That wasnt a gucci impression, that was his usual i-heart-biggie flow. Dope song nontheless
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blood$

« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »

lol I'll admit when Game is impersonating rappers on other songs but that was def not one of them

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2011, 12:42:01 PM »
Oh, right. This CD came out. Almost forgot.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »

lol I'll admit when Game is impersonating rappers on other songs but that was def not one of them

If this sounds like normal Game to you, get your hearing checked.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #341 on: September 28, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
currensy,krit,etc alot of people my equal, and i don't want to keep name dropping others cause then shit would sound like a per usual game verse fact yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

deeznutz213

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #342 on: September 28, 2011, 04:15:17 PM »
It's a damn shame that everytime I come to this forum, somebody is hating on Game. Ain't this supposed to be a Westcoast forum? He gets more hate at home than he does anywhere else. Yeah, the album falls off by the end but it hasn't left my stereo except to compare to DA. And I'm on the Eastcoast. Everbody on this forum knows that he can make a song by himself with his own flow. I look at him branching out as being CREATIVE. Anybody can rap the same over and over again and be boring as hell. Anybody saying he's copying artists evidently hasn't listened to his mixtapes when he was rapping BY HIMSELF switching up tones and flow. Game has his ways but he's definately an above average artist who gets respect over here.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #343 on: September 28, 2011, 04:17:22 PM »
currensy,krit,etc alot of people my equal, and i don't want to keep name dropping others cause then shit would sound like a per usual game verse fact yell

I guess but that's your opinion though, doesn't make it a fact. Neither someone saying that Game has the best discography in 2011, there's no facts. It's all opinion. Krit doesn't even have that much material out this year, Currensy yeah he does but i don't think it's better. But again it's all opinion so there's no wrong or right.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #344 on: September 28, 2011, 04:17:52 PM »
replay value no good, except for the city,song with premo,and the joint with tyler (for me) but a equal rapping like everybody that's on the song with him is straight garbage and some ol bill walton shit,his fans know it but you know how that go. the beats he spit on that matter especially if he rocc em right,people who hate on shit just because it's a south beat is lame,it's all about the execution of the song,his performance on the muthafuccas. he's not like a real wacc as rapper it's just he don't believe in himself,the big talk he does about how dope he is,the best album of the year blah blah, is all hot air,cause if it was true he wouldn't be trying to be like whoever the hot cats are at the time or need this much star participation on his albums. Just put them blacc wall equals on in them spots,and show people why you deserve to be the top selling solo mc in cali right now yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp