Author Topic: Jay Rock vs Glasses: Who will sell better?  (Read 238 times)

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay Rock vs Glasses: Who will sell better?
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »
With two New West albums dropping in a month, who album will sell more? And why? Whos album will be better?

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay Rock vs Glasses: Who will sell better?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:00:18 PM »
I know sales dont matter, fuck sales blah blah.....Sales do matter if u want that artist to drop  another cd.....So who u ghink will do better in sales? Jay Rock  5,8000

Okka

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
I gotta say Jay Rock. Glasses Malone's buzz is long gone, if there ever was a buzz. How much did his collabo album with Mack 10 sell?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »
At this point I would have to say Jay because outside of a couple videos here and there, there has been 0 promo for Glasses' album. Almost seems like he was just given a date so he can just drop the album already.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
They'll probably sell about the same.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 01:21:27 PM »
Money Music didn't get to Top 200 albums, so I guess Beach Cruiser will do less, around 5000

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »
Money Music didn't get to Top 200 albums, so I guess Beach Cruiser will do less, around 5000

Yeah that's my thought as well. I actually copped money music couple weeks back and there some bangers on there m, but also a lot of duds, hope glasses album is dope though I don't see it being as good as rocks

Simply_818

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 03:57:19 PM »
yeah I agree with some of the other posters about them both selling about the same and not much promo for G. U would think that G would have somewhat of a push being that CM is behind him. But G has a few heaters that I recalled from the snippets I heard a few weeks ago. Regardless, I supported Rock, I'll be supporting Game and I'll be supporting Malone. Now if I could just get a studio album from Nipsey! :-\
I Stay On That Shit That Make Yo Bitch Act A Hoe Around Me!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
They should do an album together. That track "Dollaz Make Sense" was sick.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »
dogg hardly anybody outside of cali knows glasses malone

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »
Not feelin glasses I really tried 2...but jus don't like em the last song I actually bumped of his was 200, 300, and dinero...lol and those r old

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

h2k4

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 11:28:42 PM »
I think it's coming out on the same day as Wayne so maybe they're thinking if the set G's cd next to Wayne's, it will get people to buy it.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »
Jay Rock will push way more at the end of the day then Glasses.  Jay Rocks album is nice but I'm sure glasses shit will be nice to.  But a lot of old tracks (even though there sick) might hurt him and the lack of promo.

Still trying to understand why there is no Drake, Nicki Minaj & Tyga collabs on Glasses album, that could of gave him the push he needed...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 11:51:58 PM »
The real question should be will the combined sales reach 10,000?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 12:53:24 AM »
I'm gonna say Glasses Malone because I think he'll have a better outlet. He's doing Suburban Noize / Cash Money. If his CD ends up in the Best Buy flyer with a first week sale tag and end cap space, he's in there. Jay Rock's album did not ship to a whole lot of places and there wasn't a huge incentive to buy it unless you were a fan. Saigon came out through Suburban Noize and did about 11,000 units on the first week. But his shit was end-capped at Best Buy with a price tag of under $10. FYE had a deluxe edition on that album for around the same price. These are incentives for an impulse buy. $14 is a lot for a CD on a new artist. Especially when the average consumer is thinking, it will either be cheaper or around the same price if I wait a week or go look at another store. If i didn't specifically want that album on the first day it dropped, I would not have put down $14 but I was a fan of dude.

So that's why I hold off on calling this album a flop. As I said before, independent labels work differently than majors.