Author Topic: "The Bloods ... You Know, They Own The Industry"  (Read 494 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"The Bloods ... You Know, They Own The Industry"
« on: August 30, 2011, 06:04:09 AM »
Cash Money artist Glasses Malone broke down his love for fellow West Coast rhymers Nipsey Hussle and Snoop Dogg as well as what made crafting the track "Eastsidin" such a Crip-walk in the park.

Sometimes you gotta be a lil' ignorant and "Eastsidin" is one of those ignorant records I have on Beach Cruiser ... you know, there are two of 'em that I think are really ignorant, this is one of 'em. It's just a song that's turned up to the max and if you feel like bangin' this is what you gonna bang, feel me?

The Bloods ... you know, they own the industry. They at the top of [it] hands down, so me Nipsey, Snoop and a few others are really the only Crips that's left, so we had to let people know we still on the map with a song that would be crackin'. But at the end of the day, Bloods always showed me love, whether its Game or Lil Wayne, [Bloods] are gonna get to the money [even if] they gotta get it with a n*gga who got a blue rag in his pocket. I'm just havin' fun on the mic.

It was the content of the song that made me get Nipsey on the mothaf*cka. In all fairness, there ain't a more turned up, gang-bangin' a** n*gga from the town at this point than Nipsey. The first time I met him, he was doing a [show] for BET over on Crenshaw. I got a call to come over there, so I went over to f*ck with everybody, you know? Most of them n*ggas already know me from just being a real n*gga from Watts. So I jumped out, I was feelin' the sh*t Nipsey was on ... it hadn't been a n*gga like him that turned up in a long time. So it was all love; me and dude kept a solid relationship ever since.

As far as Snoop -- he's Snoop Dogg for cryin' out loud. He's that dude you always respect. Ain't nothin' a n*gga can say to him. And I stand by that. So we all got together and just made something for a n*gga that, if he's a Crip, he can feel good about bein' one still. If a n*gga a Blood he can say, "Oh, them n*ggas ain't gone all the way yet."

In the year since I signed with Cash Money, I haven't wrote a wrap since then. Bein' around Wayne has definitely pushed me to come up with more stuff off the top of my head. It ain't like I'm freestylin', but more like I'm comin' up with the bars inside of my head, feel me? But this track didn't take anytime to complete -- my in-house producer made the beat in 8 minutes and I had the lyrics [ready] in 12 minutes.

Makin' this track was like second nature.

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: "The Bloods ... You Know, They Own The Industry"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:09:05 AM »
didn't know executives were bloods too

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »
didn't know executives were bloods too

Didn't that either!

But hey Glasses left out a few OG's like WC, Daz & Kurupt, Soopafly & the list goes on! Sure They not Top 10 players like Wayne or Game but I don't buy Wayne myslef! Hell I don't even d/l Wayne for free! But I'll buy Game AND Glasses AND Snoop AND Nipsey AND WC AND Tha Dogg Pound any day of the week! NOT because they are Crips or Bloods but because they represent THE WEST!

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:06 PM »
can somebody upload the song with nipsey on it

woof

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 02:11:21 PM »

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 09:44:55 PM »
anyone think g malone is really around wayne or what? My guess is his album does about 7000 first week.

sofdark

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 01:20:06 AM »
The track was dope no doubt. Just that it leaked quite a time ago and I wanted to hear something fresh.

2euce 7even