Author Topic: Dubcnn Exclusive: The D.O.C  (Read 1414 times)

jonathandubcnn

Dubcnn Exclusive: The D.O.C
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:27:36 PM »

D.O.C. (August 2011) | Interview By: Chad Kiser

Since arriving on the scene as an integral writer and creative force behind pioneering west coast rap group N.W.A., the D.O.C. has been penning all-time classic hits since 1987. Whether it be for Dr. Dre (The Chronic, 2001), Snoop Dogg (Doggystyle, The Blue Carpet Treatment), M.C. Breed (Big Baller, Flatline) and others, the D.O.C. continues to lend his writing prowess to some of the hottest records to date.

We are all to familiar with the story on the D.O.C., of how he wrote for Eazy-E and N.W.A. during the Ruthless Records glory days, and would later break on the scene with a Dr. Dre-produced debut album No One Can Do It Better, which is considered an all-time classic hip-hop album. But then tragedy struck shortly after the release of that album, where the D.O.C. was involved in a car accident that stripped him of his golden voice. The D.O.C. would eventually manage to release two albums of his own, 1996's Helter Skelter, and 2003's Deuce, where D.O.C. wrote the raps while others vocally delivered the lines, D.O.C.’s.

In 2009, it was first reported that he was seeking a voice therapist, where it was found that The D.O.C.'s vocal cords were not irreparably severed or crushed, and that his voice could still be surgically restored by up to 70% or more. The D.O.C. is currently undergoing final tests before the controversial stem-cell surgery takes place with Dr. Paolo Macchiarini at his world-renowned clinic in Florence, Italy. There have been recent headlines made about the D.O.C.'s documentary film he plans to make about the early days of the D.O.C. and presumably his accident, drug addiction and road to recovery. D.O.C. is also writing a book about his experiences on Ruthless Records and Death Row Records, his vocal surgery, and subsequent recovery.

In this Dubcnn exclusive, the D.O.C. shares his thoughts on preparing for the upcoming procedure, working on a project that includes DJ Quik, Ice Cube, Andre 3000 and others, his relationship with Erykah Badu, why he hadn’t done this surgery earlier in his career, and much more!

Exclusive Interview With D.O.C. -  http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/doc2011/

GangstaBoogy

Re: Dubcnn Exclusive: The D.O.C
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »
I have a feeling he's just going to say the same shit he says in every other interview...but ill peep this anyway

edit: holy shit I used the word peep in 2011 - wtf
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »
Yupp same shit as always. I can't wait till he finally gets that surgery so he can have something new to talk about...

I am as good as anybody is in this game. I’m as good as anybody that raps, east coast, west coast, north, south, overseas, I ‘m as good as I was, if not better than I was in 1989, when I made “Nobody Can Do It Better” and that is the God’s honest truth!

Yupp same narcissistic Doc we've seen the last several years. Btw, your album was called "No One Can Do It Better"

Cube is pretty close to an icon, if he’s not already

Pretty close? Wtf DOC? If he's "close" then NO ONE is a legend.

Btw: notice how much longer his interviews are when him and Dre are "on a break"? Lol
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:59:29 AM »
nice interview, i'm curious of the surgery, but who really wants see a video of it?

also, lol at the erykah story. she says she doesn't want a relationship

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »
nice interview, i'm curious of the surgery, but who really wants see a video of it?

Okka

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »
Thanks for this. Y'all really need to do another interview with D.O.C. and let us forum members post questions for it.

Chad

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
Go ahead...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 03:38:22 AM »
Go ahead...
nice 8)

maybe wait a while before doing the interview though, maybe he has news about the surgery by then

MarshColin

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »

Didn't she just come out and publicly say their relationship isn't what he claims it is?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:44 PM »

Didn't she just come out and publicly say their relationship isn't what he claims it is?
yeah, she said they're just raising a kid, that's all.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 11:12:09 AM »
Go ahead...
why was Mass confusion scrapped from Deuce?

Okka

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 11:43:48 AM »
Go ahead...

I think we should make a different thread for the questions to be posted in. I'm sure more people would post questions.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 09:46:26 AM »
west west yall
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 07:20:43 AM »

bobbytomorow

• Lil Geezy
  • I Puke Honey
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 02:02:35 AM »
You all realize DOC is from Dallas right?
Hanging Up The Phone 1 Pregnant Bitch At A Time