Author Topic: Jewell says Snoop never paid her for "Just Dippin" and "Don't Tell"  (Read 1785 times)

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
Source

” The most hurtful thing to me was when Snoop Dogg went to Master P’s label, I hooked back up with him and Dr. Dre and we made “Just Dippin.” Then I made another song with Snoop called “Don’t Tell.” Snoop didn’t want to pay me! I admit I was kind of temperamental but who wouldn’t be if you were with a label and they robbed you of your credit and never really paid you for your work? I got some money from Death Row but it wasn’t even a fraction of what I should’ve been given. But back to Snoop, we had an agreement where I was only charging him $5,000 for two songs – and he didn’t want to pay me. I’ve never been paid for those songs either because we could never come to an agreement – yet they still put the songs out.”

also, about her work on Bone Thugs n Harmony's "For the love of money":

"I recorded a song for Yomo & Maulkie featuring Eazy-E. It was just one of the songs that was just sitting in the vault that never came out. When Eazy signed Bone Thugs N Harmony, he took the two other rappers off and left my voice on. We had a couple of discussions about payment.

Then Eric (Eazy-E) got sick. When he got sick, I didn’t want to approach him or his family with money issues. I never had a problem with Eric and I knew under different circumstances, he would’ve paid me. After Eric died, I had a discussion with his wife Tameka about the song. The song was a smash hit and I was able to track her down through someone that knew her. Tameka told me, “Why didn’t you come forward sooner?” I told her that Eric was my homeboy and I didn’t want to disrespect his family by bringing up money. I wanted to let them mourn. She was real anal towards me. I left it at that.”

Okka

Re: Jewell says Snoop never paid her for "Just Dippin" and "Don't Tell"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:21:16 AM »
No wonder she ain't workin' with them anymore.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:07:27 AM »
since when it's artist who are paying it's more the label than the artist . He was sign at no limit at that time so why blame snoop??

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 07:13:43 AM »
If snoop was the one to call her out there.........then he was responsible for making sure she got paid.......like he was getting paid...and snoop never said he didnt get paid from out there....

snoop done did wrong
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
Damn, I never knew it was Jewell on the "Foe tha Love of $" vocals...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 09:52:49 AM »
Funny Suge gets shitted on for not paying artists yet Snoop did the same thing with Goldie Loc, Tray Deee, Doggy's Angels, Jewell

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:51 AM »
lmao i know right...

it seems like those who get played in the first place always seem to reproduce the shady ways of their ex-bosses. cf. Cube & Snoop.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
not really,
Snoop broke bread wit his artists, thing is - the money/a-game stardom got the best of em. greed (Goldie Loc n Kokane r great examples

the Jewell-thing, i dunno. but Master P was responsible for the budgets. she shouldve hollad at him or Priority, they own the catalogue. Snoop was just an artist at the time
but if he "promised" her payment, thats kinda foul
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:20:19 AM by Michael Madsen »

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
Snoop never paid Tray Deee & Goldie for the two Eastsidaz albums. according to Tray Deee, he owed him $140k . i'm not saying snoop's the evil but he did just like Suge with his artists... pampered them, bought them stuff, introduced them to a lavish lifestyle but didn't pay 'em what they were owed (although they weren't owed as much as snoop were while he was on Death Row)

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »
the music industry is shady. who knows if its really snoop who sheisted her or snoop/the label's lawyers. people get a shot at stardom and dont read the fine print

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

bouli77

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
yeah very true. also a lot of people have blind faith in their mentor/homie when it's a multi-million dollar industry where you're supposed to know your shit

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
goldie n tray they ate off of the eastidaz albums. both of em had publsihing contracts, Snoop broke bread too,, but not as much as "they felt like they desered". its a diffrence,,, snoop always played fair, put Long Beach artists on ,, that he didnt owe a damn thing.. look at Goldie, kokane, e-white today.. not to mention bad azz.. smh

beside, if u aint got ur paper straight when ur singnin the dotted line, u can only blame urself.. u cant knock Puff, snoop or suge for being "fake", when they r tryin to run label n cake em up themselves.. industry is not the salvation army, n artist need to sperate the "firendships" wit "businees", n understand that nothin is personal

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
SMH. Those dudes straight took my quotes and didn't even credit my interview. lol
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »
SMH. Those dudes straight took my quotes and didn't even credit my interview. lol

I was about to say yeah this looks jacked.  >:(

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »
snoop sure did wrong and fouil on this deal
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"