Author Topic: Please tell me some good books  (Read 413 times)

bez

Re:Please tell me some good books
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2003, 09:36:38 AM »
Nicky Cruz: Run baby Run

An autobiography of a boy who moves to new York, joins a gang called the Mau Maus and gets into shit for years.  Then finds God and life changes.

This book will change your life, it did mine.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2003, 11:00:06 AM »
Music orientated:
DMX - E.A.R.L.
Snoop Dogg - Tha Doggfather

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2003, 11:12:59 AM »
you know, I have alwayz wanted to pick up Snoops bio.  but never have.  is it really that good?  I might pick it up.

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2003, 11:15:48 AM »
yeah its cool... but it "misses out" death row era

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2003, 11:27:39 AM »
what??? you have to be kidding me.  he left that out of his book?? wtf.  

but it's still a good book you say?  does it at least talk about his early 213 dayz?

and bwt I just read some good reviews on that Monster book of the LA gang member.  that shit looks hard as fuk.  I'ma def get that.  thanks for the info S G to da V ;)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 11:29:11 AM by Tree Trunk Hoe Slappa »

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2003, 12:35:06 PM »
A couple of funny books are

robert rankin - Hollow chocolate bunnies of the apocalypse

and

harry hill - escape from deathrow

Never surrender

Koncept

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2003, 05:35:13 PM »
on the road by jack karowck(sp?)

any thing by him, neal cassidy, or allen ginsburg
beat culture is the shit

Quakaveli

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2003, 06:53:47 PM »
Hmm U can start with reading Snoop's book, the Doggfather or watever..it was pretty tite

My favorite books,, this ones a classic, "Catcher in the Rye"...definitely a great book about this one kid whose kinda depressed, and like a junior in high school and basically his whole outlook on life...I know I could definitely relate to his ass in certain aspects and shit, a pretty negative book but really interesting and maybe even inspiring...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2003, 07:13:59 PM »
My favorite books,, this ones a classic, "Catcher in the Rye"...definitely a great book about this one kid whose kinda depressed, and like a junior in high school and basically his whole outlook on life...I know I could definitely relate to his ass in certain aspects and shit, a pretty negative book but really interesting and maybe even inspiring...

yeah I read that book in HS.  Its a great book, I really liked it.  It was like the only book that I read in my junior and senior year.  None of the other assigned books interested me.  I read the first half of malcolm X, but the second half was just too boring for me.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2003, 09:44:09 PM »
Damn Terrorists.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2003, 10:48:16 PM »

and btw I just read some good reviews on that Monster book of the LA gang member.  that shit looks hard as fuk.  I'ma def get that.  thanks for the info S G to da V ;)
all yall need to pick it up...i was just talkin about the book in my mass media class the other day...i realized how the book really promotes awareness of gang life...its not promoting it...because monsta kody is sort of lettin u know "dont follow my path...ive went that way...its not good"...oh and IFINITE...ud like it...he converts to Islam i believe...and thats what a bit of the book is about too...but it aint preachy...he just tells REAL accounts of what happened...

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2003, 08:33:42 AM »
i would have to say "Through the eyes of the Judged, Stories of Incarcerated Young Men" one of the tightest books i ever read, tell bio's of like 15 different guys who are currently either in treatment, or in prison. They got some foo, tellin stories about how they used rob stores, beat up cops, burn girls with cig's.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2003, 08:34:29 AM »
oh and by the way, that's a tight ass 9 leafer, - Koncept -

Quakaveli

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2003, 11:39:35 AM »
^^^^Have U ever seen a 9-leafer.....???

ON WEED???!!??!

ITS FUCKIN KRAZY MAN I SWEAR!!! U CAN C THESE LIL LINES AND THE THC AND ALL DAT MAN!!!

LMAO...but seriously it is tite Koncept and checkit looks like theres a 10th little leaf tryin to creep out of dere lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2003, 09:54:02 PM »
Like Trauma said, I don't read...