Author Topic: So is the save to say Snoop's Doggumentary is the best West Coast Album of 2011  (Read 889 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Lil' B's album was better than "Doggumentary" lmao.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Both Snoop & Game albums were disappointing for me. But surely no-one really expects a truly great west coast album out of Snoop anymore...and if you do...why?

Snoop has been doing pop music and peddling his name as a culture-hopping one-man comedy set more than he has as a true artist for at least the last 3 years. He's still good for a few songs here and there, to keep us listening and buying, but I certainly wouldn't expect to hear another great LP from him in his career. But I don't need to, the guy has contributed his fair share of classics already. He's a legend just going through the motions and paying for his retirement.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Also, Co$$ dropped the best west coast album this year thus far for me. Co$$, followed by Kendrick Lamar, DJ Quik and Brotha Lynch Hung, all for different reasons. I'm sure Evidence and Blu's will be superb also.

polepositon

damn. i have not heard lynch's album. i was trying to be a lady....but, fuck that. that is my boy. ima check it out. let me go find the title and give it a spin. then, i'll put my dress back on. cause he makes some bangers.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Also, Co$$ dropped the best west coast album this year thus far for me. Co$$, followed by Kendrick Lamar, DJ Quik and Brotha Lynch Hung, all for different reasons. I'm sure Evidence and Blu's will be superb also.

Another great album. I rank Co$$ the second best west coast album this year, behind Thurz. Those two may make my favorite ten of the year. I heard No York. Blu is on some crazy weird experimental shit. Wasn't feeling it at all. Evidence dropped a solid album. I wasn't really feeling Section 80 that much when it dropped, but I'll listen to it again to see if it grew on me.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Another great album. I rank Co$$ the second best west coast album this year, behind Thurz. Those two may make my favorite ten of the year. I heard No York. Blu is on some crazy weird experimental shit. Wasn't feeling it at all. Evidence dropped a solid album. I wasn't really feeling Section 80 that much when it dropped, but I'll listen to it again to see if it grew on me.

I agree Blu has gone a lot more experimental yeah, but at his best he's great. He's still not done an album as good as Below The Heavens with Exile, but if he can recapture that then I'll be pleased.

Not heard Thurz' LP, will have to check it out.

Will_B

Reminds me I still need to pick up Coathanga Strangla..