Author Topic: So is the save to say Snoop's Doggumentary is the best West Coast Album of 2011  (Read 888 times)

HighEyeCue

Beats On Doggumentary were mostly good, but the problem was the Main rapper

just imagine if Snoop went through with the original Ego Trippin idea of no features

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

"doggumentary" sucked. Snoop is horrible as a rapper/performer today

only 2 good songs -- "the way it used to be" and "i dont need no bitch"

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
someone's german to english translator failed miserably.

KrazySumwhat

I like snoops album alot but hard to say, i like it better than quiks album, definitely. Lynch's was good but dinner and movie was better.
 Dels Golden era is really good! Yukmouths the tonight show is awesome!, the beats are modern soundin but i like how its old school with just one producer. A little too much brag talk/bling/floss(2nd album in a row he done that) but its a great album.
 I havent heard Soopaflys yet. I like Kendrick but i have to be in teh right mood, havent heard jay rocks yet.
 Aint heard WC either.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Doggumentary is an album only Snoop's hardcore fanbase could like...and even then they have to try hard to convince themselves that Wet, Boom and Platinum are good songs.

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
I liked Doggumentary, but no way is it the best west coast album this year.  The west coast had a really strong year imo:

1.  Jay Rock - Follow me home
2.  Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
3.  Evidence - Cats & Dogs
4.  DJ Quik - Book of David
5.  Doggumentary
6.  Glasses Malong - Beach Cruiser
7.  WC - revenge of the Barracuda

Still haven't given soopafly's album a solid listen yet, but that each one of those albums i listed above is a 3.5/5 or higher

D-TalkX

I Gotta go with Soopafly's album on this one. Snoop's was ok but meh and Quiks was unique but it lost appeal the more I listened to it which is usually odd. Anyways, those would be my top 3. (Thurz had some cool songs but not enough for best album on the West)

Funkstradamus

Doggumentary is an album only Snoop's hardcore fanbase could like...and even then they have to try hard to convince themselves that Wet, Boom and Platinum are good songs.
i skip all those songs...

J-Dub562

• Lil Geezy
I have to go with Kendrick Lamar's #Section80, by FAR in my opinion. I also liked ScHoolboy Q's "Setbacks", Skeme's "Statement", and Ab-Souls' "LTM: 3"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

just imagine if Snoop went through with the original Ego Trippin idea of no features
imagine no rapping

Triple OG Rapsodie

imagine no rapping

imagine if the bitches could get off this dick

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
I think the thing with Snoop is we have seen this song and dance from him before. For every 1 or 2 ehh or bad albums he drops, he will come back and drop something dope or at least solid. But at this point of his career I think fans and people have turned a deaf ear to that.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: So is the save to say Snoop's Doggumentary is the best West Coast Album of 2
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2011, 12:48:55 PM »
Nah its not even close to bein the best album.

Dikteta Dax

Evidence - Cats & Dogs is by far the best album out of the west this year, then DOM Kennedy & Ab-Soul. 

Blood$

I wouldn't say the best album overall but it had some of the best West Coast songs this year

it's up there though, in the top 5 of the year for the West