Author Topic: Ozzie Guillen Traded To The Marlins  (Read 236 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ozzie Guillen Traded To The Marlins
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:22:19 PM »
Can't say I've heard of a manager being traded before. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Ozzie Guillen Traded To The Marlins
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »
LMFAO.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
did he get traded, or was he fired by the ChiSox?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:41:51 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:36 PM »
IN hockey there was a coach traded for draft picks

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »
IN hockey there was a coach traded for draft picks

That was what happened basically with Jon Gruden in Oakland

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 07:47:50 AM »
did he get traded, or was he fired by the ChiSox?

They said he was traded that night.  I don't know if it's officially a trade, but I know the Marlins are sending two minor leaguers to Chicago. 

White Sox To Acquire Martinez, Marinez For Guillen
By Tim Dierkes [September 27, 2011 at 1:36pm CST]

1:36pm: The White Sox will also acquire reliever Jhan Marinez, tweets Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune.  Marinez, 23, posted a 3.57 ERA, 11.5 K/9, 6.5 BB/9, and 1.1 HR/9 in 58 Double-A relief innings this year.  Prior to the season, Baseball America ranked Marinez fourth among Marlins prospects, citing a "combination of great stuff and immaturity."  Marinez has a closer repertoire, wrote BA.

10:21am: The White Sox are expected to acquire infielder Osvaldo Martinez and a minor league pitcher from the Marlins for manager Ozzie Guillen, tweets MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez.  Guillen was released from his contract by the White Sox yesterday, with the Sox retaining compensation rights if he manages another team in 2012.

Martinez, a 23-year-old shortstop, hit .245/.296/.322 in 371 Triple-A plate appearances this year.  Prior to the season, Baseball America ranked him fifth among Marlins prospects, saying he profiles as a "solid No. 2 hitter" with a strong arm, good instincts, and soft hands at shortstop.  At that time, BA saw a future as a versatile but quality utilityman the worst-case scenario for Martinez.

The last player-manager trade in baseball took place nine years ago, when the Devil Rays traded outfielder Randy Winn to the Mariners for Antonio Perez as well as the right to negotiate with manager Lou Piniella.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
From all the things Ozzie said during his white sox tenure, it was time 4 a change.  His act got tired.  He can try 2 win with some other team.  The Florida Marlins[Miami Marlins sounds very gay] needed a buzz there.  That can happen with a new manager, they need a reason for the fans 2 show up.  I don't know if this sculpture will help any.
http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201110/mlb-teams-controversial-home-run-sculpture