Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire Season 2  (Read 1049 times)

Lunatic

Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 2
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »
Spoilers

Another great episode tonight

Good call on Nucky trading the Tommy Guns for Whiskey from Ireland.. That scene were the head of the Irish thing was taken out lol..and the dude sitting next to Nucky is like "you deal with me now."

Jimmy is in way over his head.. Now he runs to Waxy Gordon? The enemy of the dude he was originally dealing with? And they couldn't take out the butcher and he knows the hit came from Atlantic City.. Jimmy is in serious trouble..

I feel bad for the little girl, hope she's okay.. Anyone else felt like Mrs. Schroeder feels like it's her fault? Like bad karma for sleeping with Owen?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 08:22:52 AM »
I feel bad for the little girl, hope she's okay.. Anyone else felt like Mrs. Schroeder feels like it's her fault? Like bad karma for sleeping with Owen?
I think so, especially since she believes in that kind of stuff.  Also, remember that the day that she slept with Owen was when Katy had taken the kids to the lake, which was where a lot of people speculate her polio having come from since it was possible for that to happen at that time.

About the Irish whiskey, it was fairly obvious... but I'm just curious how it's going to be imported since the Commodore has Atlantic City locked down in terms of deliveries by ship, plus Philadelphia may not be an option since Jimmy is now aligned with Waxey Gordon, unless he's going to do business with both of them simultaneously.  Or maybe he's going to utilize Rothstein's locations in New York, despite how far it is.  Or maybe since Nucky told the Commodore and Jimmy that he's out of the game, maybe they've let their guard down and aren't locking the city down like before.

Manny Horvitz is a fucking gangster.  Dude takes a bullet and still kills his would-be assassin by popping him with a meat cleaver in the head.  So maybe he'll reach out to Nucky since he knows about Nucky and Jimmy being on different sides.

Jimmy seems to be the source of the problem for everyone without ever taking the heat for it.  He's the one who jacked Rothstein's liquor in the first episode (which caused the beef between Nucky and Rothstein throughout the entire first season), he's the one who killed Masseria's two nephews (even though Luciano and Lansky were the ones who got blamed for it while also having to give up a bigger cut of their take), he's the one who slit Gordon's informant's throat (even though he doesn't exactly tell Gordon that it was he who did it), he's the one who crossed Manny since he never delivered his booze and doesn't feel like paying him back in any way (despite the suggestions from Lansky and Mickey to either pay him back or cut him in as a partner), etc.

Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
Manny Horvitz is a fucking gangster.  Dude takes a bullet and still kills his would-be assassin by popping him with a meat cleaver in the head.  So maybe he'll reach out to Nucky since he knows about Nucky and Jimmy being on different sides.

Jimmy seems to be the source of the problem for everyone without ever taking the heat for it.  He's the one who jacked Rothstein's liquor in the first episode (which caused the beef between Nucky and Rothstein throughout the entire first season), he's the one who killed Masseria's two nephews (even though Luciano and Lansky were the ones who got blamed for it while also having to give up a bigger cut of their take), he's the one who slit Gordon's informant's throat (even though he doesn't exactly tell Gordon that it was he who did it), he's the one who crossed Manny since he never delivered his booze and doesn't feel like paying him back in any way (despite the suggestions from Lansky and Mickey to either pay him back or cut him in as a partner), etc.

Good points

Would be sick if Horvitz and Nucky aligned.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 11:14:09 PM »
Not sure if you watched this past episode from within the past few hours, but I'd only see a Nucky/Manny alliance if Nucky were completely desperate.  Manny is ruthless, though it's not misguided.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »
^ Crazy ass episode!

The ending was fucked up, Jimmy is gonna lose his shit when he sees what happens

Manny is ruthless indeed, his last two lines to Angela were crazy! "your health is more important" and "your husband did this to you"

2 episodes left, about to get real crazy

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
Loving this season more then the first.

The thing with Boardwalk is the seasons start with a lot of build up but tend to have pretty crazy payoffs. A lot of people who need some crazy action packed opener are really missing out.

Manny is a wildcard for the rest of the season for sure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 11:55:24 AM »
Loving this season more then the first.

The thing with Boardwalk is the seasons start with a lot of build up but tend to have pretty crazy payoffs. A lot of people who need some crazy action packed opener are really missing out.

Manny is a wildcard for the rest of the season for sure.
I agree that this season has been better than first. The first season had more "slow" episodes

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
Season has picked up big time, especially with Nucky's character.  He's filling the role better this season IMO. 

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
Did you guys catch the preview for the next episode?  It's been on YouTube for the past few days.  It looks like Richard is the one who finds the bodies, plus apparently Margaret gets a lot off her chest (probably because she feels that the things happening to her daughter are the result of bad karma from the bad things she has been doing to Nucky, directly or indirectly).  Jimmy's probably gonna go apeshit when he finds out.  But given the circumstances along with the preview, I think that the murder scene looks like Jimmy did it.  The cops might think that he found his wife with a female lover and iced both of them.  He can't really provide an alibi since he was out of town selling liquor, so saying what he was really doing would still get him in trouble.  Not just because he was bootlegging that night, but theoretically they could pin the entire bootlegging scheme on him since he does have possession of a lot more and he's the current "king" of Atlantic City, so that might even get Nucky off the hook when it comes to liquor.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »
There was a one-minute clip that was posted on YouTube recently.  It shows a deputy questioning Jimmy's mom about his whereabouts since he's a murder suspect (as I assumed would be the case), though of course she can't speak on him since she knows he was selling liquor.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 10:12:19 AM »
I avoid all previews since I don't see the point to them.  I'm going to watch the next episode anyway. 

Lunatic

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »
I can't wait! I'll be out of town all day Sunday and won't be back til midnight or so, gonna watch it online that night no matter how tired I am haha

Lunatic

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 09:23:16 AM »
Another interesting episode... Sets up the finale nice..

The flashbacks were interesting; something Boardwalk has never really done before. Caught me off guard a bit but it was cool seeing the history of Jimmy and the two women who drove him mad enough to leave Princeton and join the army. Interesting how he made up that fake story of his brother's death. The whole mother incest/rape thing didn't come as too much of a surprise to me. She's always been very weird with Jimmy.

My only disappointment about this was not seeing Jimmy's reaction in the moment of finding out what happened to Angela. That could have been a powerful scene, odd they decided to not do that.

He's all fucked up and on heroin, the scene where he kills his father was crazy. And his mom ends up acting like all is well.

I hope they don't kill off Jimmy but I could see it happening; they can't kill anyone like Lucky Luciano or Al Capone. And something I picked up on, the book Jimmy was reading at Princeton was called "The Revenge's Tragedy" - Foreshadowing Jimmy's fate perhaps? I hope not..

I wanted Nucky to slap the shit out of Mrs. Schroeder when she was talking about testifying against him  :o what the fuck is wrong with that bitch? And she didn't fully admit she's cheated but Nucky will find out; perhaps from the maid who overheard Margaret and Owen discussing it (she has feelings for Owen, I can see her anger taking her to Nucky). Will be interesting to see what happens to Owen.

Agent Van Alden is now a criminal and a fugitive lol. Whatever happens here should be cool.

And the Mickey-Capone-Luciano-Lansky thing is still gonna blow up.

Finale next weekend!

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »
Replied to your stuff (in bold):

Interesting how he made up that fake story of his brother's death.
Actually, he stole that story from the military classmate of his, who mentioned that his brother died on the Lusitania, then he punked Jimmy into apologizing.

My only disappointment about this was not seeing Jimmy's reaction in the moment of finding out what happened to Angela. That could have been a powerful scene, odd they decided to not do that.
It might be because he's just not that good of an actor, though it may have done to help blend the scenes together.  When the scene fades in, it's not immediately clear whether it was a flashback or not, though you can obviously tell since his room is a wreck, and he's damn near passed out next to an almost empty bottle of liquor.

I hope they don't kill off Jimmy but I could see it happening; they can't kill anyone like Lucky Luciano or Al Capone.
It COULD happen, as word around is that the actor who portrays him generally doesn't get along with the other actors (or directors, producers and writers), plus his character is completely fictitious, so they can kill him off if they want, whereas people like Luciano and Capone can't be killed off.  Nucky is at least based on a real guy (Enoch Johnson, as opposed to Thompson).  However, seeing how Luciano and Capone deserted Jimmy so easily (or maybe not, since they DID give him chances), maybe Jimmy will re-align himself with Nucky since he doesn't have those other mob figures to back him up, plus he failed to do what he realized only Nucky could succeed at -- running Atlantic City as a machine.

I wanted Nucky to slap the shit out of Mrs. Schroeder when she was talking about testifying against him :o what the fuck is wrong with that bitch? And she didn't fully admit she's cheated but Nucky will find out; perhaps from the maid who overheard Margaret and Owen discussing it (she has feelings for Owen, I can see her anger taking her to Nucky). Will be interesting to see what happens to Owen.
It's mostly because Margaret still thinks about Owen, obviously, so she can't fully commit to Nucky physically and emotionally.  However, she is definitely holding back as you said (as she did things to him but applied those sins of deceiving and cheating to something else she did that wasn't what we thought she would say) while being ungrateful.  While she more or less knows that Nucky had her husband killed (even though she has no proof and Nucky would never admit it), it wasn't because he coveted her but because Hans was a son-of-a-bitch who put her into the hospital and caused them to lose a child.  Additionally, he has given her his affection (though this season he's been distracted by his pending case) while providing for her and her children with no strings attached, and in this last episode he was basically ensuring that she and her kids would be fine financially even if he were to go to jail, but she laid down and ignored him.  Obviously Katie (the maid) is going to do something, whether now or later, otherwise she wouldn't have been put there.  Additionally, remember it was she who they were referring to in the past episode called "A Dangerous Maid," maybe introducing her as such.  Perhaps we'll find out why in the near future.  Maybe if Nucky and Jimmy re-align and Nucky finds out, he can get rid of Owen for crossing him like that.  Nucky already told him in Ireland, he doesn't like secrets.

Agent Van Alden is now a criminal and a fugitive lol. Whatever happens here should be cool.
Based on the previews that were uploaded to YouTube yesterday, it looks like Nucky goes to court, but it doesn't look like a guilty verdict.  Since the prosecutor seemed to be building a case based on Van Alden's documentation and testimony, that most likely will have fallen apart since Van Alden is on the hook for murdering the other agent last season, so all of his credibility (and evidence) goes out the window since it's no longer reliable.  I'm not sure what will happen to him though, since he'd have no one to align with since Nucky probably won't need his help anymore since he's now on the other side of the law and has nothing he can do against Nucky.  He obviously wants nothing to do with Mickey, speaking of whom...

Mickey needs to get killed.  While Jimmy has been responsible for a lot of people's headaches in one way or another (as I've mentioned before), Mickey is basically a hanger-on who snitches on people when he thinks he's in danger, but he cooperates to the point where it won't get him killed when he knows he can be touched, but acts in a manner that eliminates his enemies who would have him killed.  Remember, he used to be cool with Nucky, then his operation got raided, but while working with the D'Alessio brothers (who bankrolled his operation), he gave up information on Nucky to have him killed (unsuccessfully).  But when sensing that his current situation was on shaky ground, he went back to Nucky and Jimmy when he felt he was in danger and lured half of the D'Alessio brothers into a trap where they ended up getting rounded up by Chalky (when he realized they were the ones who killed his right-hand man) and killed by him and Jimmy.  Then he gave up Jimmy's information to Manny when he visited him in Philadelphia with the booze he was owed (which Manny did not accept), which resulted in Angela being murdered.  And on Sunday's episode, he blurted out to Luciano, Lansky and Capone about Manny's involvement in Angela's death, while offering to Van Alden to set up a trap to have those guys shut down.  The difference is that this time, the person he was selling out to did not accept.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's killed off.

Lunatic

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 11:26:13 AM »
Replied to your stuff (in bold):

Interesting how he made up that fake story of his brother's death.
Actually, he stole that story from the military classmate of his, who mentioned that his brother died on the Lusitania, then he punked Jimmy into apologizing.

It might be because he's just not that good of an actor, though it may have done to help blend the scenes together.  When the scene fades in, it's not immediately clear whether it was a flashback or not, though you can obviously tell since his room is a wreck, and he's damn near passed out next to an almost empty bottle of liquor.

I hope they don't kill off Jimmy but I could see it happening; they can't kill anyone like Lucky Luciano or Al Capone.
It COULD happen, as word around is that the actor who portrays him generally doesn't get along with the other actors (or directors, producers and writers), plus his character is completely fictitious, so they can kill him off if they want, whereas people like Luciano and Capone can't be killed off.  Nucky is at least based on a real guy (Enoch Johnson, as opposed to Thompson).  However, seeing how Luciano and Capone deserted Jimmy so easily (or maybe not, since they DID give him chances), maybe Jimmy will re-align himself with Nucky since he doesn't have those other mob figures to back him up, plus he failed to do what he realized only Nucky could succeed at -- running Atlantic City as a machine.

I wanted Nucky to slap the shit out of Mrs. Schroeder when she was talking about testifying against him :o what the fuck is wrong with that bitch? And she didn't fully admit she's cheated but Nucky will find out; perhaps from the maid who overheard Margaret and Owen discussing it (she has feelings for Owen, I can see her anger taking her to Nucky). Will be interesting to see what happens to Owen.
It's mostly because Margaret still thinks about Owen, obviously, so she can't fully commit to Nucky physically and emotionally.  However, she is definitely holding back as you said (as she did things to him but applied those sins of deceiving and cheating to something else she did that wasn't what we thought she would say) while being ungrateful.  While she more or less knows that Nucky had her husband killed (even though she has no proof and Nucky would never admit it), it wasn't because he coveted her but because Hans was a son-of-a-bitch who put her into the hospital and caused them to lose a child.  Additionally, he has given her his affection (though this season he's been distracted by his pending case) while providing for her and her children with no strings attached, and in this last episode he was basically ensuring that she and her kids would be fine financially even if he were to go to jail, but she laid down and ignored him.  Obviously Katie (the maid) is going to do something, whether now or later, otherwise she wouldn't have been put there.  Additionally, remember it was she who they were referring to in the past episode called "A Dangerous Maid," maybe introducing her as such.  Perhaps we'll find out why in the near future.  Maybe if Nucky and Jimmy re-align and Nucky finds out, he can get rid of Owen for crossing him like that.  Nucky already told him in Ireland, he doesn't like secrets.

Based on the previews that were uploaded to YouTube yesterday, it looks like Nucky goes to court, but it doesn't look like a guilty verdict.  Since the prosecutor seemed to be building a case based on Van Alden's documentation and testimony, that most likely will have fallen apart since Van Alden is on the hook for murdering the other agent last season, so all of his credibility (and evidence) goes out the window since it's no longer reliable.  I'm not sure what will happen to him though, since he'd have no one to align with since Nucky probably won't need his help anymore since he's now on the other side of the law and has nothing he can do against Nucky.  He obviously wants nothing to do with Mickey, speaking of whom...

Mickey needs to get killed.  While Jimmy has been responsible for a lot of people's headaches in one way or another (as I've mentioned before), Mickey is basically a hanger-on who snitches on people when he thinks he's in danger, but he cooperates to the point where it won't get him killed when he knows he can be touched, but acts in a manner that eliminates his enemies who would have him killed.  Remember, he used to be cool with Nucky, then his operation got raided, but while working with the D'Alessio brothers (who bankrolled his operation), he gave up information on Nucky to have him killed (unsuccessfully).  But when sensing that his current situation was on shaky ground, he went back to Nucky and Jimmy when he felt he was in danger and lured half of the D'Alessio brothers into a trap where they ended up getting rounded up by Chalky (when he realized they were the ones who killed his right-hand man) and killed by him and Jimmy.  Then he gave up Jimmy's information to Manny when he visited him in Philadelphia with the booze he was owed (which Manny did not accept), which resulted in Angela being murdered.  And on Sunday's episode, he blurted out to Luciano, Lansky and Capone about Manny's involvement in Angela's death, while offering to Van Alden to set up a trap to have those guys shut down.  The difference is that this time, the person he was selling out to did not accept.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's killed off.
I know, he took the story from his military classmate. That's what I meant, sorry I wasn't more clear.

I still think it would have been a good scene; you don't think he's a good actor? I like him

Not good news he doesn't get along with other people on set. I think it could happen too (because he's not based on a real person). I just hope it doesn't happen. I was making the same point but guys like Capone and Luciano can't be killed off.

I also see a potential scenario where Jimmy re-aligns with Nucky and kills Owen

I can totally see how Nucky's case may be saved due to Van Alden fleeing

And yes, Mickey definitely needs to be killed lol