Author Topic: Boardwalk Empire Season 2  (Read 1048 times)

Lunatic

Boardwalk Empire Season 2
« on: October 15, 2011, 11:07:37 AM »
Has anyone been watching? My favorite show on television right now. The first three episodes have been fantastic. So many great scenes and lines already.

SPOILER;
The restaurant scene in episode 3 between Nucky, The Commodore, Jimmy & The Governor (?) was AMAZING
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Boardwalk Empire Season 2
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
I've only really liked Episode 3 and some scenes in episode 1 and 2. 

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:49:28 PM »
I've only really liked Episode 3 and some scenes in episode 1 and 2. 
Damn, really? I thought episode 2 was easily the best one. The jail scenes with Chocky and Dunn Pursley were unreal. Also Jimmy's scene outside the game killing those two thugs was insane.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 01:56:56 PM »
The 2nd season has been good so far.. and this is the only show I'm watching right now since Breaking Bad 4th season just ended

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:15:48 PM »
Its a great show.

You can tell its from the same pen as the Sopranos. Its that slow-moving build up. The Sopranos was superb but you had to stick with it and get really engrossed so you had feelings for each character. I feel like Boardwalk Empire is doing a good job of that right now and the big plots will really start coming from the end of S2 and onwards.

Obviously we all know that at some point Al Capone HAS to be a focal point of the series and its great to know we have all that to come.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
Its a great show.

You can tell its from the same pen as the Sopranos. Its that slow-moving build up. The Sopranos was superb but you had to stick with it and get really engrossed so you had feelings for each character. I feel like Boardwalk Empire is doing a good job of that right now and the big plots will really start coming from the end of S2 and onwards.

Obviously we all know that at some point Al Capone HAS to be a focal point of the series and its great to know we have all that to come.

I agree with this.

Boardwalk Empire is soo much like the Sopranos in the fact that it isnt just "bang boom explosion" every other scene, so you have to actually pay attention and become emotionally involved with the characters and plot.  Some people can appreciate that, some just cant or wont.

So far this seasons been awesome.

Will be interesting to see Nucky get out of this predicament.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »
I don't care for the characters in Boardwalk Empire like I did with The Sopranos.  So when Boardwalk Empire has those scenes that are meant to  stand out, I feel empty because I don't really care for the characters.  The main difference from Boardwalk Empire and The Sopranos is the fact that David Chase isn't part of it.  It's an insult to the Sopranos to be even compared to Boardwalk Empire.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 01:17:59 PM »
Great show! I'm not gonna compare it to the Sopranos but it's one of the best shows out right now........right beside Breaking Bad.......

IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »
I don't care for the characters in Boardwalk Empire like I did with The Sopranos.  So when Boardwalk Empire has those scenes that are meant to  stand out, I feel empty because I don't really care for the characters.  The main difference from Boardwalk Empire and The Sopranos is the fact that David Chase isn't part of it.  It's an insult to the Sopranos to be even compared to Boardwalk Empire.

It really isn't, because the comparisons in how the narrative moves and they way the series is set out is a direct similarity. I don't think I commented on it being better or worse than The Sopranos.

I loved the Sopranos by the way. Hopefully Boardwalk Empire won't cop out with a faux-thinker of an ending that meant fuck all and never concluded anything though...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
The way it moves?  It's a TV drama show, practically every show has the same pace these days.  The way the series is set out is not very similar.  With Tony Soprano, he had to deal with issues from his crime family and also with his real family.  That was the main idea of the Sopranos, in Boardwalk Empire it's basically Nucky and him running Atlantic City.  It's not even close to exploring the character depth the Sopranos had.  So far, it's really been more style than substance.

Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 12:39:55 AM »
God this show is just phenomenal. Every aspect is just absolutely sick. Season 2 has been better than season 1.

Spoilers (if you haven't been watching):

-Nucky's case looks like it could be heading for trouble since the attorney general seems to be cutting a deal with that senator.
-Looks like Mrs. Schroeder is gonna' an affair with Nucky's new muscle (Owen). What a bitch! Lol. Interested to see how this plays out.
- Luciano/Mialanski (sp?) with Jimmy & his new Philadelphia muscle looks like they may be aligning and plotting vs. Nucky/Rothstein together. Knew this was coming eventually.
- As it looks like Luciano is getting ready for his come up, wonder when Al Capone will make his.
- Curious to see if Heroin will be how these guys come up (I know some of you have the answer, I'm not interested in knowing).
- Aside from all that, Jimmy has been in over his head lately since his father had the stroke.
- Nucky's brother! Wonder what's gonna' happen there. The scene where he smashed that dude's face in with a wrench was nuts.

Best show on television right now!

JohnnyL

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 12:56:40 AM »
God this show is just phenomenal. Every aspect is just absolutely sick. Season 2 has been better than season 1.

Spoilers (if you haven't been watching):

-Nucky's case looks like it could be heading for trouble since the attorney general seems to be cutting a deal with that senator.
-Looks like Mrs. Schroeder is gonna' an affair with Nucky's new muscle (Owen). What a bitch! Lol. Interested to see how this plays out.
- Luciano/Mialanski (sp?) with Jimmy & his new Philadelphia muscle looks like they may be aligning and plotting vs. Nucky/Rothstein together. Knew this was coming eventually.
- As it looks like Luciano is getting ready for his come up, wonder when Al Capone will make his.
- Curious to see if Heroin will be how these guys come up (I know some of you have the answer, I'm not interested in knowing).
- Aside from all that, Jimmy has been in over his head lately since his father had the stroke.
- Nucky's brother! Wonder what's gonna' happen there. The scene where he smashed that dude's face in with a wrench was nuts.

Best show on television right now!

Meyer Lansky....no diss.  Just in case you wanted to look up his biography.  Another real-life criminal that they've portrayed in this series.  Also, I agree with those who say that so far, season 2 has been better than season 1.  An already great show that just keeps getting better.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 11:23:13 PM »
Jimmy is so naive thinking Nucky just peacefully handed him the keys of the city just like that ... the part when Rothsein advised Nicky how to handle the situation was fucking dope
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:43:17 PM by wcsoldier »

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Jimmy is no naive thinking Nucky just peacefully handed him the keys of the city just like that ... the part when Rothsein advised Nicky how to handle the situation was fucking dope
Yep.. I wonder what Nucky has up his sleeve going to Ireland..

That Rothstein scene was dope as hell.. I loved to see the heads (Nucky, Torio & Rothstein) figure out what they protege's is up too..

What a phenomenal season..

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29:07 PM »
Jimmy is no naive thinking Nucky just peacefully handed him the keys of the city just like that ... the part when Rothsein advised Nicky how to handle the situation was fucking dope
Yep.. I wonder what Nucky has up his sleeve going to Ireland..
My first thought was that he was gonna pick up the surplus tommy guns... which was confirmed in the Episode 21 trailer, which was uploaded to YouTube yesterday.  So he might be either trading them for whiskey from Ireland while using Owen's ties to provide extra muscle since the guys who were supposed to protect his deliveries (Luciano and Lansky) are plotting with Jimmy.