Author Topic: MW3  (Read 2260 times)

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
MW3
« on: November 05, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »
My friend burnt a copy & i played on his banned moded xbox......... spec ops is cool shit

it was really fun.....

who got it pre-ordered?
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

G-Funk

Re: MW3
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »
Yeah some people have got the game early already, kmart was accidentally selling them before release date.
I pre-ordered the hardened edition.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
Best game of the series has been Modern Warfare 1, oh wait, it's really been the ONLY game in the series.  Everything else has literally been the same game with new maps and some new weapons here and there (and a new storyline that hardly anybody really cares about). 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 08:33:59 AM »
It's incredible.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »

Lazy motherfuckers just getting your money for the same game.  LMAO they straight up use the same building from Modern Warfare 1

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »
^That's actually pretty hilarious. But who cares? It's a new game, new story & only $60. Unless you're a broke motherfucker it's a must have.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 11:23:34 AM »
Hardly anybody plays this game for the storyline, it's all about multiplayer.  They haven't updated their game engine since MW 1, and the only thing new about it are the maps and some weapons.  Turns out not they're even recycling buildings? Straight laziness from the developers, and Activision knows people will just pay for the game, pay for ELITE, and pay for extra $$$ for old maps and 1 or 2 new ones lol.  That's why half the people from Infinity Ward originally left during and after MW 2 was being developed, they wanted to update the game engine and come up with a new bad ass game. Activision said no cuz of course they rather just release the new game, keep cost low, and make a ton of money from people that are willing to pay for the same game.   There are so many better games out there that have come out this year that are worth getting than MW3.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 03:28:27 PM »
^ While i completely agree with you, what exactly are people expecting them to change? Consoles are so limited in what they can do nowadays compared to PC, Battlefield 3 is a great example of that, on PC it looks amazing, runs at 60 fps but there's noway they could even get it running close to that on consoles and that's why once again consoles get stuck with 30 fps and graphics which weren't really much of an upgrade atall from BF: Bad Company 2. Shit if you're on Xbox and you don't install that HD texture pack some of the graphics are awful, comparable to the PS2 days. COD's easily got the best gameplay of any shooter because of the fact that it manages to run at nearly 60 fps if that means the graphics won't be comparable to other top games that's fine to me cos gameplay's the only thing that's important

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:25:29 PM »
^ While i completely agree with you, what exactly are people expecting them to change? Consoles are so limited in what they can do nowadays compared to PC, Battlefield 3 is a great example of that, on PC it looks amazing, runs at 60 fps but there's noway they could even get it running close to that on consoles and that's why once again consoles get stuck with 30 fps and graphics which weren't really much of an upgrade atall from BF: Bad Company 2. Shit if you're on Xbox and you don't install that HD texture pack some of the graphics are awful, comparable to the PS2 days. COD's easily got the best gameplay of any shooter because of the fact that it manages to run at nearly 60 fps if that means the graphics won't be comparable to other top games that's fine to me cos gameplay's the only thing that's important

A lot can change.  Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 3 showed vast improvements.  Oblivion to Fallout 3 to Skyrim again is showing a ton of improvements.  I would have loved to see what the creative minds of Infinity Ward could have done if they had more freedom during 2. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
I just ordered a PS3 because I got tired of my supposed high-end PC breaking for literally the 5th time in 3 years. No the graphic card got smoked and I paid 60 bucks just to let some nerds check what's wrong cause the warranty has expired. I'm so beyond pissed that I'm done with high-end gaming PCs for a while. I ordered the PS3 really fast without thinking much cause I've been waiting for Skyrim since forever and I really NEED this game on release date.
So, my question now is, is MW3 the game to get when you don't want to buy dozens of FPS and just bought a PS3? Or are there better games? Like, for a high-end PC, Battlefield 3 is probably better than MW3. But for a PS3, I'd rather get MW3 I suppose..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 05:53:38 PM »
I just ordered a PS3 because I got tired of my supposed high-end PC breaking for literally the 5th time in 3 years. No the graphic card got smoked and I paid 60 bucks just to let some nerds check what's wrong cause the warranty has expired. I'm so beyond pissed that I'm done with high-end gaming PCs for a while. I ordered the PS3 really fast without thinking much cause I've been waiting for Skyrim since forever and I really NEED this game on release date.
So, my question now is, is MW3 the game to get when you don't want to buy dozens of FPS and just bought a PS3? Or are there better games? Like, for a high-end PC, Battlefield 3 is probably better than MW3. But for a PS3, I'd rather get MW3 I suppose..

Yeah, might as well get MW3.  That's also going to be the one with the most players as well. 

Invincible

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 08:31:26 AM »
same game with new maps and some new weapons here and there

After buying it yesterday and playing it for a couple of online games, I came to this conclusion too. Still playable though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
That's the business. Everyone knows that. They had these graphics and technology ten years ago, but it's easier to just keep making slight improvements & keep selling the game.

Like NBA 2K. Every year the graphics got a little better. You mean to tell me in 2006 they couldn't put out this year's version? They just knew they could make hundreds of millions selling it year after year.

& sports game have been the exact same formula for over a decade yet nobody cares. War games are the same.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
That's the business. Everyone knows that. They had these graphics and technology ten years ago, but it's easier to just keep making slight improvements & keep selling the game.

Like NBA 2K. Every year the graphics got a little better. You mean to tell me in 2006 they couldn't put out this year's version? They just knew they could make hundreds of millions selling it year after year.

& sports game have been the exact same formula for over a decade yet nobody cares. War games are the same.

That's the problem, that it's business first, gamer 2nd. They're straight up laughing at gamers.   FIFA and Pro Evolution soccer games have taken an interesting turn of events.  A few years ago, PES was easily the better game.  Due to competition, both game developers tried their hardest to improve upon their gameplay.  PES turned to shit while FIFA recently released the best video game soccer.  And it's nowhere close to being the same game as Fifa 11, and miles apart from Fifa 10.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
The thing MW has over everything else has nothing to do with graphics and gameplay (which sounds silly, I know, but its true) - its true value is simple - numbers.

The sheer amount of people that buy these games and make the online gameplay so fucking busy and always buzzing is why people, including me, keep playing it.

I actually thought Battlefield 2 was massively superior to both MW2 and Black Ops, but its online section wasn't anywhere near as full and a lot of the games you played online were done in their huge maps (much bigger than CoD's) with half the players.

I'll be buying both Battlefield 3 AND MW3 when I get paid in a week or so. For these different reasons.