Author Topic: Snoop Dogg's paternal grandfather  (Read 132 times)

kµ®µpt

• 'G'
  • fµ©|{ †}{€ wö®ŁĐ
Snoop Dogg's paternal grandfather
« on: January 25, 2003, 01:06:47 PM »
In 1955 Snoop Dogg's paternal grandfather, a prominent and successful Landscape Engineer, William Varnado played a mean blues piano. While fathering 12 children, he became a very successful down home blues man. William purchased an upright Steinway piano, which continues to stay fine-tuned in the family home.

Allean Varnado, Snoop Dogg's paternal aunt, and Daz Dillinger's mother was one of the first siblings to play piano instinctively without lessons. Allean continued to master this thing called music by singing, playing the piccolo and the string base. She traveled the world as a USO singer for the Government. She sang a mixture of traditional Black R&B and Gospel Music. A number one hit from Allean's first album Second Hand Love, in 1970 received radio airplay. The hit, Come Fly With Me, sang by Bobby Bland was nominated for a Grammy in 1980. Allean inspired Snoopy and Daz to sing in church plays. For years while Daz played drums, Snoop would sing, I Yield My Life To The Glory of God.