Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar Signed To Aftermath!?  (Read 1033 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Kendrick Lamar Signed To Aftermath!?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »
yea he signed, and kendrick has something going for him already which makes me believe he will get a release date. He gained the recognition of fans world wide without dre. He's got star power. If dre drops the ball with kendrick there's something so wrong with that label

Rakim had "something going for him" also ;)

Same goes for Bishop - he made noise with his first mixtape released before his Aftermath days and was heavy featured on Warren G's album... if Kendrick signed with The Math, he will still release mixtapes/street albums but he ain't gonna drop nothing official under Dre & Aftermath - period.
i agree. i think the problem is dre lets jimmy iovine make those kinda decisions which really make signing to aftermath a waste of time.

People here say that, but I don't buy that. If Jimmy made the decisions, Detox would have been put out years ago.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 12:25:16 AM »
yea he signed, and kendrick has something going for him already which makes me believe he will get a release date. He gained the recognition of fans world wide without dre. He's got star power. If dre drops the ball with kendrick there's something so wrong with that label
actually he gained a lot of attention after dre co-signed him. he didnt gain much attention before that

I think he signed to the Math but keep it low profile for obvious reasons ( i.e the label history of dropping artists)
he said before in an interview that it would be an honor for him to sign to the label :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:26:54 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »
I remember seeing Top Dawg tweet something to the effect of TDE singing a deal with Aftermath, seemed more like it was a label deal.

Kendrick has huge buzz at the moment, bigger than Bishop, Slim or any prior Aftermath artist who couldn't drop in my opinion, he's also got a alternative style that should blow up if pushed right. Whatever happens I just hope he keeps putting out good music on the regular.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 12:51:03 AM »
actually he gained a lot of attention after dre co-signed him. he didnt gain much attention before that

I think he signed to the Math but keep it low profile for obvious reasons ( i.e the label history of dropping artists)
he said before in an interview that it would be an honor for him to sign to the label :P

true, but his good music took him where he is right now. He fits in with whats hot in the industry right now so i see why he'd blow up big. Dre said slim's name and that got him no where. Kendrick is doing the damn thing on his own. The co signs from kanye, jay z and dre all help

trilly

• Lil Geezy
  • trillest.com
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »
I actually have the scoop on the situation, there have been numerous talks with signing Kendrick to Aftermath, but the heads at TDE aren't for it.  They're making way too much independent money and finally seeing a return investment on their output through Kendrick, Schoolboy and Ab Soul.  Don't wait around for this to happen, Kendrick is making larger moves independently.
Personally, I don't like where he's going with his much artistically, his beat selection is becoming more predictable and his flow is transparent.  I've met him a couple times and I really wonder what fame and the lime light is going to do with him, remember, he's just a kid from Compton who didn't smoke and just had good grades.
Visit
trillest.com
Real Street Blogging
No Bullshxt, Just Trill Shxt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 08:33:04 AM »
Indie or major, this if obviously a guy who puts music out instead of waiting for some label to drop an "official" album. who gives a fuck about him signing?

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 08:49:23 AM »
ok, i just got a little confirmation that top dawg is doing business with aftermath, keep it locked!  8)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »
I've met him a couple times and I really wonder what fame and the lime light is going to do with him, remember, he's just a kid from Compton who didn't smoke and just had good grades.
???

kemizt

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 10:01:59 AM »
A little birdy told me kendrick isn't the only one from black hippy who signed.. :o

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
A little birdy told me kendrick isn't the only one from black hippy who signed.. :o
Jay Rock?

Okka

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »

I'm happy to hear that, but then again i'm not. Dre better put out "Detox" at the beginning of 2012 and then start workin' on Kendrick's album.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 01:22:39 PM »
Jay Rock?

Can't be, didn't Jay Rock recently sign to Strange Music? Has to be Ab-Soul.

@Nima

You're a douche for that, hate when people who know shit never tell the full story and dance around the details lol >:( :laugh:

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
Jay Rock?

Can't be, didn't Jay Rock recently sign to Strange Music? Has to be Ab-Soul.

Ab Soul was recently in the lab with Dre and 50 so could be him I reckon

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2011, 10:11:31 AM »
there goes his career

I'm happy to hear that, but then again i'm not. Dre better put out "Detox" at the beginning of 2012 and then start workin' on Kendrick's album.
hawaii, its coming :laugh:

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 01:15:44 PM »
Def not jay rock he has good thing going on with strange

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson