Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar Signed To Aftermath!?  (Read 1034 times)

repthatwest

• Muthafuckin' OG
Kendrick Lamar Signed To Aftermath!?
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »
I usually visit pmpworldwide.com, a place where producers submit tracks to labels and artists and labels open up a dump to receive tracks for artists. Anyway because its the labels that usually provide the information they often give away some details before theyve even been announced like artist signings and project titles, well here's a little something of significance:

Catagory: Artist Track Dump
Label: Top Dawg Ent/Aftermath
Artist: Kendrick Lamar
Album Title: TBA
Release Date: 1st Qtr 2012
Track Dump Status: OPEN

http://pmpworldwide.com/

terence chill

Re: Kendrick Lamar Signed To Aftermath!?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 08:36:18 AM »
who cares?

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:57:29 AM »
never heard of that site.. can you list some dope instrumentals from the site cause the ones I just went through were all utter shit.

and kendrick on aftermath = no career.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
yea he signed, and kendrick has something going for him already which makes me believe he will get a release date. He gained the recognition of fans world wide without dre. He's got star power. If dre drops the ball with kendrick there's something so wrong with that label

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 10:28:42 AM »
kendick will drop an album on the math his buzz is huge. people like him, and he can easily drop successful hit singles where someone like bishop or slim the mobster would have trouble unless they got lucky with a perfect hit single.

Mietek23

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
yea he signed, and kendrick has something going for him already which makes me believe he will get a release date. He gained the recognition of fans world wide without dre. He's got star power. If dre drops the ball with kendrick there's something so wrong with that label

Rakim had "something going for him" also ;)

Same goes for Bishop - he made noise with his first mixtape released before his Aftermath days and was heavy featured on Warren G's album... if Kendrick signed with The Math, he will still release mixtapes/street albums but he ain't gonna drop nothing official under Dre & Aftermath - period.

Okka

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Kendrick himself said he wouldn't sign with Dre. He's workin' as a writer there though.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »

Rakim had "something going for him" also ;)

Same goes for Bishop - he made noise with his first mixtape released before his Aftermath days and was heavy featured on Warren G's album... if Kendrick signed with The Math, he will still release mixtapes/street albums but he ain't gonna drop nothing official under Dre & Aftermath - period.
i agree. i think the problem is dre lets jimmy iovine make those kinda decisions which really make signing to aftermath a waste of time.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
I think he signed to the Math but keep it low profile for obvious reasons ( i.e the label history of dropping artists)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
I think he signed to the Math but keep it low profile for obvious reasons ( i.e the label history of dropping artists)
then that is not a label worth signing with. don't you think ?

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »

I always say Kendrick shouldn't sign with the Math ... just do your own  thing and use the possible connections you made by working with Dre .. he has to release his debut album in 2012 , if not he will become old news very fast ... he got a decent buzz right now so he has to take advantage of it

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »

I always say Kendrick shouldn't sign with the Math ... just do your own  thing and use the possible connections you made by working with Dre .. he has to release his debut album in 2012 , if not he will become old news very fast ... he got a decent buzz right now so he has to take advantage of it
right. use those connects and go independent. i'm not a fan of kendrick but signing wit dre is throwing your own career away.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »
At least he is better than Slim The Mobster.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »
Kendrick himself said he wouldn't sign with Dre. He's workin' as a writer there though.
where did he say that? I'm pretty sure he signed papers not too long ago. A little before his show in oakland.(Which tix were sold out, couldn't make it out there)

Bishop Lamont's was nowhere near the type of buzz kendrick has. Kendrick is selling out shows in New York City. I don't even think bishop has performed out there let alone sold a show anywhere besides LA.