Author Topic: man Trae fell the fuck off....  (Read 192 times)

ABN

man Trae fell the fuck off....
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »
i´ve been bumping The Beginning, Same Thing Different Day, Rise etc and then i put on his new shit(beginning with It Is What It Is) and man he fell of hard as fuck. he fell of lyrically, his new flow is wack and his subject matter is corny these days. any other Trae/G-Maab/Z-Ro fans in here that agree with me? i was sooooo fucking dissapointed with Street King, someone needs to tell Trae to get back to rapping about that real life shit that he rapped about for 8-9 years.

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: man Trae fell the fuck off....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »
Trae is a philanthropist now so rhyming's not his top priority right now and how could u blame him.  If I could do the same thing I'd do it too.  Trae, 50, Wyclef, all of them.

But that aside I agree with you.  I was just bumpin "White Bricks" the other day like "dam this shit bring back memories".  I don't really get that vibe from Trae.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:06:04 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Jome

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »
Trae kills the occasional track, but it's usually a mixtape-track, remix or feature, his solo albums seems to try cater to the wrong audience, and ends up with Trae sounding out of place.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 11:04:52 AM »
Trae got 3 solo albums that are banging(4 if you count The Beginning as an album) so it's not his solo albums that's a problem. The problem is that Trae's trying to sound like every other artist out there. And his subject matter has changed from talking about real life problems to flossing and talking about materialistic bullshit.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 11:13:11 AM »
I remember getting into Trae music because of ABN ( Pissin on the throne was your username at that time right ?)  advice ... STDD is a very good album , some great on it I keep bumpin ( STDD, Til the day I drop , Don't need y'all , Sittin on the top of the world) then I saw the guests for  SK , it was bad news ... I don't like it at all
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:14:56 AM by wcsoldier »

ABN

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
Yep that used to be my username and i used to push Trae's music hard. I'm dissapointed with SK but i'll always support Trae because he's a good guy, and the community work he does should be applauded.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 12:09:41 AM »
I really loved his Life Goes On album from 07, that shit was in rotation for like 2 years.

Haven't really felt his albums since then.

kemizt

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 01:18:32 AM »
Trae got 3 solo albums that are banging(4 if you count The Beginning as an album) so it's not his solo albums that's a problem. The problem is that Trae's trying to sound like every other artist out there. And his subject matter has changed from talking about real life problems to flossing and talking about materialistic bullshit.

this. was really surprised by the street king album. i'm a guerilla maab fan, rise is one of my favorite album.  was expecting a lot more coming from him, i think he fell of flow wise, lyric wise and music wise. he just sounds boring now. i still bump his old music regularly though.

Trae is a philanthropist now so rhyming's not his top priority right now and how could u blame him.  If I could do the same thing I'd do it too.  Trae, 50, Wyclef, all of them.

But that aside I agree with you.  I was just bumpin "White Bricks" the other day like "dam this shit bring back memories".  I don't really get that vibe from Trae.

true but i don't think he was blaming trae particularly, i think he was just pointing the obvious