Author Topic: Jay-Z Sells Occupy Wall Street Shirts That Don't Benefit Occupy Wall Street  (Read 130 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jay-Z has come under fire from the organisers of the Occupy Wall Street protest after his clothing company Rocawear produced a t-shirt that bears the slogan 'Occupy Wall Street', but have not offered to give the movement any of the profits.

The rapper, who co-owns the clothing label along with hip-hop mogul Damon Dash, has been labelled as a "bloodsucker" by a spokesman for the protest, which is part of the worldwide 'Occupy' movement.

Rocawear issued a statement to Businessinsider.com about the t-shirt, which bears the slogan 'Occupy Wall Street', with the 'W' scrawled out and an added 'S' at the end, in which they make it clear that they will not be giving the movement any money from clothing sales.

It reads as follows: "The 'Occupy All Streets' T shirt was created in support of the 'Occupy Wall Street' movement. Rocawear strongly encourages all forms of constructive expression, whether it be artistic, political or social. 'Occupy All Streets' is our way of reminding people that there is change to be made everywhere, not just on Wall Street. At this time we have not made an official commitment to monetarily support the movement."

In response to this, Patrick Bruner, spokesman for Occupy Wall Street, said in a news statement about the t-shirt:
Naturally there will be some bloodsuckers who come out of the woodwork. We have a screen-printers guild on camp, and it's easy to find many other T-shirts that actually benefit the cause. In regards to the question, a much better way to show your support for Occupy Wall Street would be to show up and participate in this momentous occasion and help to shape a new and better future.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
greed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Don't you see? This is just a slap in the face to the movement LMAO. Jay-Z is great.

It's a movement against big business & big business is selling shirts supporting it & keeping the profits. Basically the problem LOL. Greatness!