Author Topic: WHO HERE HATES SOCCER??  (Read 1534 times)

min0rity

Re:WHO HERE HATES SOCCER??
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2003, 02:35:30 PM »
Lets see a soccer player run into Warren Sapp full force and then see what happens.  My point exactly.Soccer is the only sport Euros know how to play..I actully have fun playing all sports..Thats y i know which ones are superior.

Errrrr people do that in Europe especailly in England, its a similar sport to American football but its called Rugby.  But the players dont half all there body padded up.lol

lol, exactly.
that warren sapp is one FAT guy. he wouldnt be able to play 80 minutes continuously like rugby players, he plays 5 minutes and then goes off nakered.

lol he wouldnt have to. He'd hit 5 different lil rugby players...and youd need substitutes lol.

As for Soccer, it is an athletic sport...i dont deny it. I think Basketball iz far more athletic...but i might be biased cus ive played B-ball since i was like 8. But fah real, there is no such thing as an "out of shape" player in the NBA. For Trauma, u should NEVER...EVER...call baseball 'our sport' lol. it isnt even the 2nd most popular sport in this country. That whole idea of Baseball being "Americas Game" is WAY in the past lol. Plus, alota them baseball players are hella lazy lol. Football, i know theres a lotta "fat guys"...but im willin to bet that most of those "fat guys" in the NFL, could still outrun 90% of this board. Theres defensive linemen in tha league who weigh 250-300 lbs and can probably run a 4.4-4.5 40. I would LOVE to see tha end result tho of sum rugby player goin head-up, tryna tackle Jerome Bettis, or tryna catch Michael Vick in the open field....lol or better yet, maybe tryna tackle Barry Sanders one on one LOL!!!!

football is the most athletic sport there is...you have to be prepared to CONSTANTLY run, tackle, shoot, pass, for 90 minutes....no timeouts, no stopping, i mean you need horse stamina to play football man...at least in basketball you have timeouts, you play 4 quarters and the field is WAYYY smaller than football's...not to mention you have unlimited substitutions.. while in football you only get 3...

ps. i fucking hate baseball too..its sooooo boring

as for the NFL...i wouldn't call it whack..but i just can't get into it...it seems like every 3 seconds the game stopps and on and on....

basically you can compare baseball, basketball, NFL since they're in the same class....but football is in a class by itself....its the greatest sport in the fucking UNIVERSE
« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 02:38:13 PM by drunken_mastenori »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2003, 03:18:40 PM »
I watched the Superbowl

A programme of adverts and entertainment with a tiny bit of sport(?) every few minutes

Fucking ridiculous

Woodrow

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2003, 03:48:27 PM »
I watched the Superbowl

A programme of adverts and entertainment with a tiny bit of sport(?) every few minutes

Fucking ridiculous

I watched the world cup,

an hour of play with no advertisements,

Fucking ridiculous.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2003, 05:37:35 PM »
LoL

Need we continue

Woodrow

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2003, 01:59:32 AM »

thats the beauty of football you fucking dumbass...

obviously irony isn't your strong suit.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2003, 03:14:19 AM »
football is the most athletic sport there is...you have to be prepared to CONSTANTLY run, tackle, shoot, pass, for 90 minutes....no timeouts, no stopping, i mean you need horse stamina to play football man...at least in basketball you have timeouts, you play 4 quarters and the field is WAYYY smaller than football's...not to mention you have unlimited substitutions.. while in football you only get 3...

tha smallness of the basketball court, is what makes the game more difficult. Ask any person who does any type of serious sprinting. Running, is easy....stopping and going, is difficult. If youve ever done a "suicide" in basketball, youd know what i mean. I aint denyin the Soccer shit. I think its one of the most athletic sports in the world. But all these sports are just different. You train to be in shape for the sport u play. A basketball player might not be in shape to play football, a football player might not be in shape to play soccer, a soccer player might not be in shape for basketball. They are all different. They alwayz talk about how ruff football is...yet, they say the most injuries in a major sport occur in basketball.

And tah Sol, if there wasnt breaks in Football...the players would all be dead lol. I dunno if youve ever worn those padz...but they are way heavier then u think. Having yur head stuck up in a football helmet, sweating, and out of breath...is terrible. It isnt even rare for football players out here (especially college or highschool) to over exert themselves and die frum tha shit.

bez

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2003, 11:26:26 AM »
yer I watched the Superbowl to, I thought that when the game was actually being played the sport was the bomb but there where too many BREAKS for my liking.  It wasnt a sport that I cud play because I wud get bored of it real easy.  But still I thought it was dope,.

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2003, 01:58:31 PM »

it's obviously not yours either cause that isn't irony, it's sarcasm

Never surrender

Woodrow

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2003, 02:34:17 PM »

it's obviously not yours either cause that isn't irony, it's sarcasm

i·ro·ny  
n. pl. i·ro·nies

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
Dramatic irony.
Socratic irony.

sar·casm    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (särkzm)
n.
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 02:37:37 PM by Engel-Rock »

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2003, 02:48:01 PM »
well congratulations you found your dictionary it was right there next to 'see spot run' so you could look up the hard words

and it was still sarcasm

Never surrender

Woodrow

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2003, 03:13:30 PM »
well congratulations you found your dictionary it was right there next to 'see spot run' so you could look up the hard words

and it was still sarcasm

Lets see my comments:

"I watched the world cup,

an hour of play with no advertisements,

Fucking ridiculous."

Was that comment:
A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound?

A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule?

or was it

The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning?

An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning?

A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect?

You decide...

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2003, 11:35:19 AM »
Irony = sarcasm

But Superbowl is still wank

Woodrow

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2003, 12:34:55 PM »
Irony = sarcasm

But Superbowl is still wank

Lets continue!

sarcasm=Irony

But World Cup is still wank

;)

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2003, 10:28:43 AM »
lol... how funny....

superbowl is dope, but this year it wasnt that good
world cup is wank. i hate the fact that you have to watch for around half an hour to see someone kick a goal sometimes
soccer is a sport that requires more athleticism as opposed to basketball, but bball needs more skill and shit like that

I HATE SOCCER
I DIDNT ASK FOR THE PEOPLE WHO LIKED SOCCER TO HATE, I ASKED FOR THOSE WHO HATE SOCCER TO AGREE

BLAH

kick ass album