Author Topic: Dubcnn: Exclusive Interview With Slim Mobster (Says Aftermath Was Not Involved)  (Read 1355 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

Dubcnn sat down with Aftermath signee and Dr. Dre protege Slim The Mobster just in time for the release of Slim's new street album "War Music". Slim explains that this project was solely put together by his label Gang Module without any Aftermath involvement and why it is important for him to stand on his own.

We also talk about his connection with G-Unit, his chemistry with Kendrick Lamar and at what point he's hoping for the Interscope machine to kick in and get involved in his promotional process.

We also ask him about the Aftermath tattoo on his back, how he goes about surviving in this oversaturated market - and a few words about Detox, of course. Check it out below:

Exclusive Interview With Slim The Mobster (November 2011)

Enjoy the interview!

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
Loved the interview. Slim is on some real shit. Nothing wrong w/ creating your own situation out of another good situation.

And that's crazy you mentioned Chocolate... He told me about him too... isn't that his nephew?
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Loved the interview. Slim is on some real shit. Nothing wrong w/ creating your own situation out of another good situation.

And that's crazy you mentioned Chocolate... He told me about him too... isn't that his nephew?

yep i delieve it is!

Eric - Dubcnn.com

yep i delieve it is!

Yup.

OG Pops and Chocolate interviews coming soon, by the way. ;)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
LOL where you at dubsmithz haha.

good for slim that he's doing his own thing though

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

It still doesn't mean he's not signed ;) haha

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

It still doesn't mean he's not signed ;) haha
lol true, but you were dismissing my arguments and calling it a crackpot theory so, i had to namedrop you :laugh:

He's said in multiple interviews he's signed, I just don't understand why you've created and decided to believe this crackpot theory. Has your hate for Slim got something to do with your love for Bishop? So now we just have to stop believing what people say even when there is nothing that points to the contrary? Smh. If Slim wasn't signed you can bet someone would have have said something by now. I'm not even gonna go back and forth with you on this, it's common knowledge.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:29:46 AM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

Dikteta Dax

So is the Black Friday he is pushing the same one that was with The Game?

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Keep the feedback coming!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
when i go to brooklyn I am at nostrand too ...........
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

The_Offence

Aftermath won't be involve in his album either. this nigga will never drop on aftermath, mark my words..   

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Aftermath won't be involve in his album either. this nigga will never drop on aftermath, mark my words..   
they're dropping his name, other than that, i dont see it dropping either.

it will probably go through sha money

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
notice he said me and kendrick signed to the same guy.. its definitely aftermath. I bet you slim has never even had a sitdown with jimmy iovine. Jimmy iovince has no more interest in pushing gangsta rap, especially a new gangsta rap artist at that. You see how interscope does game.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I guess it comes down to whether or not being signed to Aftermath means you have to released music via Interscope.  Maybe it'll be set up if you can establish yourself then Interscope will step in and give you money/assistance to push your name out until then you can make independent contracts and such. 

Probably a lesson learned from fucking over too many artist like Bishop Lamont, Joell Ortiz, Stat Quo, and such.  Which I think has had an affect on Dr. Dre especially Lamont's departure.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I guess it comes down to whether or not being signed to Aftermath means you have to released music via Interscope.  Maybe it'll be set up if you can establish yourself then Interscope will step in and give you money/assistance to push your name out until then you can make independent contracts and such. 

Probably a lesson learned from fucking over too many artist like Bishop Lamont, Joell Ortiz, Stat Quo, and such.  Which I think has had an affect on Dr. Dre especially Lamont's departure.

Ortiz was allowed to push that independent album "The Brick", similar to Spider Loc being able to drop his independent albums while still being signed to G Unit.