Author Topic: Amaru's Last 2Pac album  (Read 1211 times)

V2DHeart

Re: Amaru's Last 2Pac album
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 01:02:42 PM »
Ghetto Gospel and Runnin' (dyin to live) were and still will be memorable for years to come
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 01:07:33 PM »
Jack and Leslie Johnson are where they belong. 

Shiiit.  They good in my book.  And frankly they don't get enough praise.  They brought jobs/careers over here for PG County residents for atleast the next 30 years.  Jack did his thing the best way he could've IMO.  If it was up to me I might've handled it a little differently but I'm not mad at Jack and Leslie for trying.  If they were white they wouldn't have gotten this much punishment but since they're Black we're supposed to act like he's some major big time criminal and he's done something no other politician has done.  

I'm familiar with Blago but he was trying to sell Barack's seat, u just don't sell the Presidents seat like that and not expect to get caught smh.  Jack brought jobs/careers to the hood tho, I love that.  He broke bread with the Mafia and trickled it down to the Blacks, yay for the Johnsons.  

Quadruple OG

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
This would have been a good album, and a completely different take on a retail 2Pac release. Similar, but unlike The Rose That Grew from Concrete, it would contain student involvement on a more creative level than just rapping out 2Pac poetry. It would be their own, as well as previously unreleased 2Pac verses included on tracks.

Pretty much everything from song arrangement, verses, production, mixing, CD art work, video concepts to street promotion would all be done by centre for the arts students. It would be like a creative student project "featuring" 2Pac, than a 2Pac album featuring kids, if that makes sense, but obviously the marketing would have likely been different to sell it. Afeni and others at Amaru were really behind it

IMO this sounds more like the recipe for a massive train wreck than a good album.

It was a success.  But at what cost?

You'd be a moron to not already know that a posthumous 2pac album would sell.  10 years from now folks will be playing all of Pac's original material, not some Jazze Pha or Frank Nitti remix with a feature that woulda only worked if Pac was alive.  Like I said, some songs are alright, but the bulk of Pac's work released after 99' isnt that great.  The instrumentals and the guest appearances are all fucked up.

Jazze Pha did a great job with his tracks on "Better Dayz". "U Can Call" and "Fair Xchange" were better than the OG's. Nitty's version of "Still Ballin'" was better than the OG (talking about the beat, not Trick Daddy's appearance).

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 02:18:01 PM »
I hear u but you're missing the point.  And even tho I disagree with you about those songs the general consensus is already out.  They smeared 2pac's work and it's the reason why Pac isn't where he needs to be. 

Once Eminem made "loyal to tha game" it was like enough is enough.  Even "Better Dayz" should've seen better dayz.  They squiggled all over my mans Art.  It's like putting touch ups on the Mona Lisa (in tha same context).

Quadruple OG

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 02:55:08 PM »
I hear u but you're missing the point.  And even tho I disagree with you about those songs the general consensus is already out.  They smeared 2pac's work and it's the reason why Pac isn't where he needs to be. 

Once Eminem made "loyal to tha game" it was like enough is enough.  Even "Better Dayz" should've seen better dayz.  They squiggled all over my mans Art.  It's like putting touch ups on the Mona Lisa (in tha same context).

It costs less to pay a Producer for a new beat than it would to pay for a sample to be cleared, and then pay publishing on the track once it's released. It saved, and made, Amaru/Death Row/Interscope money to have a producer come in and do a new beat than keep the original and have to split the pie in more directions.

Those three tracks I mentioned ("U Can Call", "Fair Xchange", and "Still Ballin'" beat) are better than the originals.

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »
Pac's Kids?

I just threw up.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

doublee313

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
Those three tracks I mentioned ("U Can Call", "Fair Xchange", and "Still Ballin'" beat) are better than the originals.
[/quote]

I agree on those tracks (U Can Call was dope).  However Trick Daddy didn't need to be there, they should have left Kurupt.  This was a marketing move, and trying to get the younger fans to dig it.  Thugs Mansion with Nas was just riditious.  I like Nas, but as a true 2Pac fan I can't deal with that.  Also, chopping the Outlaws out of songs, etc, just bad. 

Johnny J cleaned up some of 2Pac tracks on a few of the albums.  He knew what 2Pac wanted, so those came out like the OG with a mastered quality.  Most of 2Pac tracks weren't finished, so yeah they need to be cleaned up.  But to what extreme?  Eminem on N.I.G.G.A?  Come on.

I just kick back and listen to Leave Had A Friend Like Me, Staring Thru The Rearview, Made Niggas, and that was the sound toward the end.  To bad Johnny J passed because he was working on a handful of shit that was unreleased.

RIP 2PAC....Hope to hear some more stuff but I'm not excited due to the lack of respect for the fans.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 04:58:37 PM »

I agree on those tracks (U Can Call was dope).  However Trick Daddy didn't need to be there, they should have left Kurupt.  This was a marketing move, and trying to get the younger fans to dig it.  Thugs Mansion with Nas was just riditious.  I like Nas, but as a true 2Pac fan I can't deal with that.  Also, chopping the Outlaws out of songs, etc, just bad. 

Johnny J cleaned up some of 2Pac tracks on a few of the albums.  He knew what 2Pac wanted, so those came out like the OG with a mastered quality.  Most of 2Pac tracks weren't finished, so yeah they need to be cleaned up.  But to what extreme?  Eminem on N.I.G.G.A?  Come on.

I just kick back and listen to Leave Had A Friend Like Me, Staring Thru The Rearview, Made Niggas, and that was the sound toward the end.  To bad Johnny J passed because he was working on a handful of shit that was unreleased.

I mentioned it in an earlier post, I didn't like them putting Trick Daddy in there. Definitely should have kept Kurupt in there. The 2002 mix w/Kurupt sounds much better than the OG and the one released on Better Dayz.

http://hulkshare.com/obs892285f3o

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »

I mentioned it in an earlier post, I didn't like them putting Trick Daddy in there. Definitely should have kept Kurupt in there. The 2002 mix w/Kurupt sounds much better than the OG and the one released on Better Dayz.

http://hulkshare.com/obs892285f3o

Right !

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »

It costs less to pay a Producer for a new beat than it would to pay for a sample to be cleared, and then pay publishing on the track once it's released. It saved, and made, Amaru/Death Row/Interscope money to have a producer come in and do a new beat than keep the original and have to split the pie in more directions.

Right   ::)

But what does that have to do with the music being sub-par

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011, 12:25:11 AM »
I can't even subscribe to the idea that Pac's legacy was ever in trouble of being fucked with, no matter how well or poorly his posthumous musical catalog is handled. Truthfully, they are probably better off giving the unreleased shit some time off. I mean, let's be real, you aren't going to make or break a legacy with them remix projects, any more than people's perceptions of Bruce Lee are going to be changed by them ridicilous "Game Of Death" movies they scrapped together after he died. The music he created while he was alive is always going to be his bread and butter. It's the same with John Lennon, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, whoever.

That "Greatest Hits" project kept his music going for awhile and the "Resurrection" movie added even more years to it. As is, they supposedly have a biopic in the works. We've had everyone and their fucking sister flooding the market with either official or unoffical collabos with Pac for the last decade and change, thanks to Afeni and Suge. The die-hard Pac fans been hearing all the leaks and bootlegs so what is the problem? Nobody fucking forgot about Tupac.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2011, 02:15:45 AM »

Jazze Pha did a great job with his tracks on "Better Dayz". "U Can Call" and "Fair Xchange" were better than the OG's. Nitty's version of "Still Ballin'" was better than the OG (talking about the beat, not Trick Daddy's appearance).

u smokin crack??????? them OGs are 100X better than the remixes on the released cds. WTF!  the fair exchange OG is exspecially the SHIZNIT!!!!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 02:18:34 AM »
I can't even subscribe to the idea that Pac's legacy was ever in trouble of being fucked with, no matter how well or poorly his posthumous musical catalog is handled. Truthfully, they are probably better off giving the unreleased shit some time off. I mean, let's be real, you aren't going to make or break a legacy with them remix projects, The music he created while he was alive is always going to be his bread and butter. It's the same with John Lennon, Bob Marley, Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, whoever.
That "Greatest Hits" project kept his music going for awhile and the "Resurrection" movie added even more years to it. As is, they supposedly have a biopic in the works.

his LEGACY cannot be hurt by the remix albums that have put out. i agree 110%. and the greatest hits and the movie only help cement it. yeah theres some bullshit music out there, but 99% of people who hear it know it aint the real shit. and if you dont know your too ignorant and it wont matter what u think bout pac.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 06:27:45 AM »

u smokin crack??????? them OGs are 100X better than the remixes on the released cds. WTF!  the fair exchange OG is exspecially the SHIZNIT!!!!

IMO the OG of "Fair Xchange" was nothing special. I liked the OG of "U Can Call", but Jazze Pha brought some life into both tracks. As far as "Still Ballin'", you gotta be smoking crack to think the OG beat is even approaching the same league as the Better Dayz beat. There are a lot of people that feel this way outside this forum.

Although for the record, I liked the remix of "Changed Man", but still preferred the OG w/Nate Dogg and Syke over the remix.

doublee313

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »

IMO the OG of "Fair Xchange" was nothing special. I liked the OG of "U Can Call", but Jazze Pha brought some life into both tracks. As far as "Still Ballin'", you gotta be smoking crack to think the OG beat is even approaching the same league as the Better Dayz beat. There are a lot of people that feel this way outside this forum.

Although for the record, I liked the remix of "Changed Man", but still preferred the OG w/Nate Dogg and Syke over the remix.

U Can Call was better with the new track.  That shit was nice.  Still Ballin' was a tight beat and made 2Pac sound better on the new beat.  These producers did justice.  They just need to lay off the cameos with these new dudes.  Put the Outlaws or the original people in.  Also trying to adjust his locals with Pac saying "Trick" instead of Kurupt was pretty sad.  Eminem also did this on his 2pac shit.  It's all about putting newer people on the track so it sells to the youngsters.

Changed Man for sure on the OG.  I wonder why they took Nate off.  That's a shame.  Fuck it, we got the OG.