Author Topic: Dr dre - the chronic. Version with "smoke on"  (Read 1656 times)

DJSpin

Dr dre - the chronic. Version with "smoke on"
« on: December 18, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »
Anyone know where to cop this version?

HighEyeCue

Re: Dr dre - the chronic. Version with "smoke on"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
are you talking about The Chronic Re-Lit? try amazon.com

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »
Think it was a best buy exclusive

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »
Wal-mart edition

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 12:59:20 AM »
btw The Chronic: has anybody the original version of the album where bitches aint shit ("******* ain´t ****") is listed on the backcover tracklist?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 01:27:42 AM »
no thats just the regular 'bonus'  :laugh:

the bonus track he was talking about was released with a clean edition if im not mistaken  ;D

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 02:30:37 AM »
no thats just the regular 'bonus'  :laugh:

the bonus track he was talking about was released with a clean edition if im not mistaken  ;D

Soopaflydpgc had the hook up if I remember right

V2DHeart

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 04:28:40 AM »
Wal Mart Clean edition
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

HighEyeCue

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 05:17:47 AM »
I'm sure Walmart sold alot of those clean editions :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 11:05:03 AM »
yup, the album went diamond thanks to them

DJSpin

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:43:22 PM »
yup, the album went diamond thanks to them

Hahaha y'all r funny.  Can't find the walmart version anywhere

Gurfi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »
Who buy a clean version of an album? A parent who then gives it to his kid but who else?

DJSpin

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
Good question.  I am an avid collector, and I want a hard copy of the cd that has that song on it

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:06:30 AM »
Who buy a clean version of an album? A parent who then gives it to his kid but who else?

I've bought two "clean versions" in my life.

1.  Above the Rim soundtrack I bought at Wal-Mart back in summer of 94 when it was released.  Didn't realize all of Wal-Marts cd's were clean versions at the time.  The version of "Big Pimpin" that was on there was slightly different, but I actually still consider it a better version of the song.   Also, "Dogg Pound 4 Life" wasn't on there, but I ended up hearing that track anyway when I bought the Russel Simmons hip-hop doc. "The Show".  And the live version of that song on The Show was way better than the version on that album.  The beat was different, and I felt like Daz added to much extra shit to the beat on the dirty version of the album.

2.  The Marshal Mathers LP-  I bought the dirty version twice and the clean version once the day it came out.  I was such a huge Eminem fan in those times that I already had a bootleg copy, yet I bought the album the day it came out, 3 times.  I bought one for my car, and one for my house, and I also bought the clean version just for the extra track "The Kids" that was on there.  I also was very concerned at the time about Eminem's sales figures.  I worked at Camelot Music in the mall at the time and broke all sales records for pre-sales of an album.  I talked 25 people into buying the album early.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 12:38:06 PM »

I've bought two "clean versions" in my life.

1.  Above the Rim soundtrack I bought at Wal-Mart back in summer of 94 when it was released.  Didn't realize all of Wal-Marts cd's were clean versions at the time.  The version of "Big Pimpin" that was on there was slightly different, but I actually still consider it a better version of the song.   Also, "Dogg Pound 4 Life" wasn't on there, but I ended up hearing that track anyway when I bought the Russel Simmons hip-hop doc. "The Show".  And the live version of that song on The Show was way better than the version on that album.  The beat was different, and I felt like Daz added to much extra shit to the beat on the dirty version of the album.

2.  The Marshal Mathers LP-  I bought the dirty version twice and the clean version once the day it came out.  I was such a huge Eminem fan in those times that I already had a bootleg copy, yet I bought the album the day it came out, 3 times.  I bought one for my car, and one for my house, and I also bought the clean version just for the extra track "The Kids" that was on there.  I also was very concerned at the time about Eminem's sales figures.  I worked at Camelot Music in the mall at the time and broke all sales records for pre-sales of an album.  I talked 25 people into buying the album early.

why were you concerned by his sales ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson