Author Topic: NBA Week 3 thread  (Read 2227 times)

rayallen0

NBA Week 3 thread
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:18:28 PM »
well only 1 game into the week. John Wall & the Wizards continue there losing streak to 0-8 as Kevin Love & the timberwolves power by them and gets a double/double again with 20 Pts, 16 Reb, 3 Ast, 3 Stl.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
Re: NBA Week 3 thread
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 02:13:04 AM »
Rubio adaptation to the league is quick ... he's showing he has an EXCELLENT court vision...

OKC just won all 3 of its back to back to back games ... they have a good shot at the Finals if they have HCA through the WC playoffs ... losing Maynor for the season is tough though .. he was doing a nice job at running the 2nd unit and was a good alternative when Westbrook is playing 1 on 5.

Overall , the West seems very open , tough to say who are the best teams with a such schedule ... this is the 1st season in many years there isn't a CLEAR favorite in this conference imo ... as I said I give OKC the edge but not a big one .

It's the contrary in the East , the ECF will be Heat vs Bulls barring major injuries ... and the middle/bottom teams are so weak
There is no way a West team will have HCA over the East in the Finals with the number of "in conference" games higher than a normal season.

Boston played Detroit then twice against the Wizards then the Nets  Is that the D-League or the NBA ?

Nice matchups this week

Miami at Denver
Miami at Clippers
Lakers at Clippers
Chicago at Boston

rayallen0

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
Blazers win again. Aldridge making a case for the all star game this season with another great performance 28 Pts, 8 Reb, 4 Ast, 4 Stl, 1 Blk. Blazers 5-0 at home  8)

Double Double from Durant 21/10.

Most games tonight are pretty whatever games. guess i'd say Pacers vs. 76ers is game of the nigh as they both have had a great start.

rayallen0

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 08:30:57 PM »
good battle between Diaw & Chandler today. overall Chandler and the knicks won tho. Which brings the Knicks above .500 at 5-4.
Chandler: 20 Pts, 13 Reb, 1 Ast, 3 Stl, 3 Blk
Diaw: 19 Pts, 10 Reb, 7 Ast, 1 Stl

Also Josh Smith beasted against the nets in a 106-101 win. 26 Pts, 6 Reb, 4 Ast, 3 Stl. bring the hawks to 7-3.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 09:35:50 AM »
good battle between Diaw & Chandler today. overall Chandler and the knicks won tho. Which brings the Knicks above .500 at 5-4.
Chandler: 20 Pts, 13 Reb, 1 Ast, 3 Stl, 3 Blk
Diaw: 19 Pts, 10 Reb, 7 Ast, 1 Stl

Also Josh Smith beasted against the nets in a 106-101 win. 26 Pts, 6 Reb, 4 Ast, 3 Stl. bring the hawks to 7-3.
Smith is playing great
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »
^ I remember being at a Sonics game 4 or 5 years ago and telling my dad I felt like J-Smith would be one of the best players in the game down the road. He hasn't really been a consistently dominant player, he'll put up huge numbers every now and then though.

rayallen0

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 10:38:04 PM »
Kobe absolutely beasted. 48 Pts, 5 Reb, 3 Ast, 3 Stl even if it was against the suns shit defense amazing. brings lakers to 7-4.

D. Rose gets double/double 31 Pts, 3 Reb, 11 Ast, 1 Stl, 2 Blk leads Bulls over Timberwolves to a 9-2 record.

Al Jefferson scores 30 and gets a double double 30 Pts, 12 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Blk to crush the cavs and get the jazz to 6-3.

no clue how the warriors beat the heat.

Wizards won holy shit! 1-8 time for a playoff run!

and most importantly Blazers beat Clippers. 7-2, 6-0 at home.

rayallen0

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 10:46:56 PM »
oh ya and i just thought id bring this up.

Chris Webber said Andrew Bynum is the best big man in the league. "yes, better than Dwight Howard." Check please. Offensively Maybe but not if "big man" can mean PF. I'd take a few PFs over Bynum. Aldridge especially, but it's moot cause Bynum will never be fully healthy with those knees :/. I hope he stays healthy this year. Would be fun to see him make the all star team.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »

Chris Webber said Andrew Bynum is the best big man in the league. "yes, better than Dwight Howard." Check please. Offensively Maybe but not if "big man" can mean PF. I'd take a few PFs over Bynum. Aldridge especially, but it's moot cause Bynum will never be fully healthy with those knees :/. I hope he stays healthy this year. Would be fun to see him make the all star team.

i dont get it...what do u mean "with those knees"...bynum doesnt have bad knees. LOL. his knee injuries were from freak accidents.

rayallen0

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 11:01:52 PM »

i dont get it...what do u mean "with those knees"...bynum doesnt have bad knees. LOL. his knee injuries were from freak accidents.
Do you not get when a big man injures his knees those things don't fully heal? no matter what a freak accident it was. Freak accidents can do alot more damage to your knees than straining it in practice. If he has a healthy career ok then, ur right and a basketball god. but i highly doubt that will happen.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 04:43:30 AM »
so when Odom played 29, 49, and 64 games in his first few years, did that mean he was injury prone?.....bynum played on his injured knees before, postponing surgery. injury prone players don't do that.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »

True centers like Bynum are damn near impossible to find these days, that's why Oden the ogre got picked over KD even when everyone knew KD would lead the league in scoring some day. Good PF's are relatively easy to find, if you have a true center with Bynum's ability you hang on to him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:43:25 AM by TheRemedy360Resurrection »

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »
how bout them warriors? last night was great

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

rayallen0

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 01:01:54 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »

bynum > the warriors