Author Topic: Hiphop is dead...  (Read 545 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Hiphop is dead...
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:41:26 PM »
Hiphop is dead like Nicole Brown Simpson/
for too many reasons for me to even mention/
but here goes, so grab your notes and pay attention/
reason 1, it forgot where it begun/
rooted in truth it was music for Bronx's uprooted/
but like like modern day nomads they picked up from crumbs/
and scooted to new music made from just the toungue/
rich kids playing instruments upon grand pianos/
hiphops pioneers made gold out of once forgotten samples/
used to empower the poor and disenfranchised communities/
now its just music to help rich folks feel happy/
seems dirty blokes in England still down for real shit/
They still bumpin AZ and DPG like this was 1996/
But too bad it's not, the media tells us Lil Wayne is whats hot/
so bandwagon followers jump on every gay trend/
and radio stations won't give Jedi Mind Tricks a spin/
Reason #2 it used to be Tony Touch and Funk Flex on 1's and 2's/
we'd tune in to what they'd spin knowing they had that new new/
reading the Source as a primary resource for next to Blow/
But now college frat kids at Duke with youtube access are in the know/
true street heads don't have the access to the masses/
cause now taste makers are just dorks wit internet access/
No longer need an ear to the street just a cable plug/
And these kids think Eminem blew up in 2010 with "No Love"/
Reason #3 digital sales ripped off the artists profits/
Dre shouldnt even bother to drop Detox to be honest/
Cause he can make more off headphones/
the market is garbage and artists get known/
artists get played but never paid, putting out music in masses/
but it just passes without meaning/
classics get passed un-noticed when leaks released weeks in advance/
ruin the chance of a true emcee perfecting his cd/
Hiphop is dead ask Nas if u dont believe me

Call in @ 310 861-2335 or skype online
http://blogtalkradio.com/un0mic

Show time
5pm P
6pm M
7pm C
8pm E

-NASA has landed a rover on Mars, to find out if there is alien life on Mars.  Heads up to any aliens out there, ya'll better hope ya'll don't have oil.. we coming for ya..
-Defected Syrian Prime Minister speaks out, says regime is dying, and powerless to stop violence in the region
-The UN reports that 1 million people are now displaced in Syria as a result of the war
-violent protests continue over poor working conditions in South Africa.  The death toll reaches ten in the mining town of Johanesburg.  This is a region that is no stranger to slave labor.  They've overcame the horrors of aparthied, and are not about endure any remnants of it's legacy in the new millienium.
-There was another mass shooting in Texas over the weekend.  This one leaving three dead.  This comes just a week after a shooting at a Sihk temple that left several worshippers dead in Wisconsin, and less than a month after the massacre that took place at the premier of Batman rising in Colorado.
Speaking on the shooting at the Sihk temple.  This is a case of a growing xenaphobia in this country.  I think naturally after hundreds of years of immigration to this country that people would come to embrace diversity.  Sadly though, the media has created a culture of hate-mongering.  We experienced 8 years of Bush's war on terror in which Muslims were demonized and branded as terrorists.  These such events like the shooting at the Sihk temple are a fall-out of such fear-mongering.  A white supremicist, x-military man, shot up the Sihk temple thinking it was a mosque for Muslims.  WIth Sihks wearing beards and turbans, to the untrained eye they can be mistaken for Muslims.   The man was in a band who's music often contained tirades on immigrant and minority populations, of blacks, Jews and Muslims.   Coupled with this there was a recent mosque burning in Joplin, Missouri.   This Mosque burning comes after the United Arab Emirates, an Arab Muslim nation donated nearly 5 million to rebiulding schools and hospitals in Joplin Missouri following their tornado of a year ago.  In spite of politicians from Dubia coming to the city to share their wealth and culture, many of the inhabitants of the city must not have gotten the message.  The cities politicians are devastated by the event.  They fear this will lead to more stereotypes of the city being a haven for bigots.  

-Is gangsta rap political?  Or is it just a creation of the market place?  Just a way to make money playing the dozens on record?  Does it have historical precedence. Or is it just something to ride to?

In gangsta rap, we have a poetic critique of mainstream society.  I feel it's very political in that it poses as a challenge to the prevailing authority, whether that be the government or this prevailing concept of the American Dream.   I'll quote a passage from Robert Warshow in "The Gangster as a Tragic Hero", he says "In ways that we do not easily or willingly define, the gangster speaks for us, expressing that part of the American psyche which rejects the qualities and the demands of modern life, which rejects "Americanism" itself.

In Eugene Genovese, Roll Jordan Roll, the author describes the fascination America has with the gangsta life of living fast and dying hard.  I'll quote a passage, "Oppressed peoples cannot avoid admiring their own Nihilists, who are the ones dramatically saying "NO!" and reminding others that there are worse things than death!"  

And death is a common theme in gangsta rap music.  Living fast and dying hard.  And nobody brought that sentiment to the world stage quite like the late 2pac Shakur.  Who lived in an Earnest Hemmingway kind of life where his life imitated art and he died tragically in 1996.  2pac rhymed about living fast and hard.  "Bury Me A G".  "How Long Will They Mourn Me".   "Life Goes On".  "Death Around The Corner"

"And if I die, let it be
But when they come for me, bury me a G"

He says in Bury Me A G off the THug Life volume 1 album

"no one lives forever anyway
Strugglin and strivin, my destiny's to die"

"And even if I did die young, who cares
All I ever got was mean mugs and cold stares"

Death Around the Corner

"Wake up in the morning and I ask myself/
Is life worth living or should I blast myself"

"tell all my people i'm a Ridah
nobody cries when we die
we outlaws
let me ride"

Life Goes On

So the common themes in gangsta rap of death and gang warfare, do have a precedence in societies going as far back as the middle ages, and even ancient egypt, which was of course the father to all civilization.  Now just as gangsta rap has it's poets, detailing the victories and war stories, and glamorizing it's gang life, whether that be blood or crip, or what have you... Ancient societies would use the similar language and context to glorify their nation or their tribe.  So really, it's just that some segments of society would rather that the lower classes of society, those who have experienced the criminal nature of this country, they would rather these populations remain silent.  But gangsta rap has given a voice to these people and this lifestyle which some would rather turn a blind eye to.  Like Eldridge Cleaver says, "They close their eyes, and plug their ears, and after the war is over the tell their side of the story".  Well the gangsta rapper is a first hand account of what goes on in these forgotten about area's of AMerican society that bear the brunt of poverty, violence, and the like.  As Ice Tea put it, "Yes I was born in America too, but does South Central look like America to you".  So in my view, gangsta rap is very political, but mainstream society doesn't want to hear it's voice.  Whereas in past societies and cultures such language was mainstream.

Arab poetry tribalism.

-Imru Al-Quais

Weep for me, my eyes! Spill your tears
    And mourn for me the vanished kings
    Hujr ibn 'Amru's princely sons
    Led away to slaughter at eventide;
    If only they had died in combat
    Not in the lands of Banu Marina!
    No water was there to wash their fallen heads,
    And their skulls lie spattered with blood
    Pecked over by birds
    Who tear out first the eyebrows, then the eyes.
    (Diwan, Poem 2)[4]

Arab poetry

Poetry held an important position in pre-Islamic society with the poet filling the role of historian, soothsayer and propagandist. Words in praise of the tribe and lampoons denigrating other tribes (hija') seem to have been some of the most popular forms of early poetry. The sha'ir represented an individual tribe's prestige and importance in the Arabian peninsula, and mock battles in poetry or zajal would stand in lieu of real wars. 'Ukaz, a market town not far from Mecca, would play host to a regular poetry festival where the craft of the sha'irs would be exhibited.

-Is gangsta rap political?  Or is it just a creation of the market place?  Just a way to make money playing the dozens on record?  Does it have historical precedence. Or is it just something to ride to?

-Dangerous Beauty (1998) is a biographical drama film directed by Marshall Herskovitz. It is adapted from the non-fiction book The Honest Courtesan, by Margaret Rosenthal, (also the title of the UK video release), about the life of Veronica Franco (played by Catherine McCormack), a courtesan in 16th century Venice.

-Ancient Egyptians glorified death and the afterlife.  It was in their calligraphy and art within their tombs and pyramids.  The artwork displays an abundance of servants and food and drink that would come to life and be at the service of the Pharoah in the afterlife.   They preserved the body through mummification, interring the body with goods it would use in the afterlife.  They would build elaborate mansions inside the tombs so that the dead could make use of them in the afterlife.   They would perverse
 the organs in jars, and wrap the body's in linens.      

-Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death they would be asked two questions and their answers would determine whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife. The first question was, "Did you bring joy?" The second was, "Did you find joy?"
– Leo Buscaglia

-Pac said there would be no crying at his funeral.  He said he lived life to the fullest, and his only fear of death was reincarnation.

The Harper's Song for Inherkhawy (Excerpt)

So seize the day! hold holiday!
     Be unwearied, unceasing, alive
     you and your own true love;
     Let not the heart be troubled during your
         sojourn on Earth,
     but seize the day as it passes!

(Translated by J.L. Foster)

1.  Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama
"There will always be some uncertainty about how quickly Saddam can acquire nuclear weapons," said Rice. "But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."
Rice was George W. Bush's leading saleslady for a war that cost America $1 trillion, 4,500 dead and 35,000 wounded, and cost the Republican Party both houses of Congress in 2006 and the presidency in 2008. That war is today regarded by many U.S. foreign policy scholars as among the greatest strategic blunders in American history.
Romney’s Massachusetts healthcare legislation
2. Syria
Also, other big news coming out of Syria.  A suicide bomb attack has killed the brother of Syrian president Assad.  Assad's brother was as responsible as anyone for the 1,000's of Syrians dead.   Hard to understate it's impact.  Inspite of American pundits stating that the brother of Assad was evil, they still managed to criticize the attack on the grounds that suicide bombings are immoral.   The free Syria army clearly lacks the resources of a state funded Army, and therefore they don't have the luxury that President Assad's army has of flying planes overhead and dropping bombs.  

The attack also killed defense Minister Dawood Raja and deputy vice president Hassan Turkmani.

The International Community of Nations wanted to use sanctions to pressure Assad's government to end the fighting, but Assads government in Syria has a long-standing partnership with China and Russia, and they are using their vetoe power to stand in the way of any UN sanctions.  Yet, to my knowledge, I have never seen much good come out of sanctions anyway.

Me personally, I'm not sold either way on the situation in Syria.

3.   In Egypt there’s a power struggle between newly, democratic elected president Muhammad Morsi and the Supreme Council of Armed Forces.  At one point the courts, under the influence of the Military ruled that the parliament be disbanded because it was unconstitutional.  So president Morsi told them to convene anyway, as they were democratically elected an many of it’s members from his affiliates in the Muslim Brotherhood.   So it’s almost like if the United States Secretary of Defense Leon Pinetta were head of the United States Military and he strong-armed the courts to rule that Congress was no longer constitutional.  And then President Obama in argued that they were and told them to continue their work and reconvene as normal.  So you see what kind of power play is going on in Egypt.

4.   Ramadaan

5.   Rastafarianism

Snoop Lion has no plans to return to rapping or to change his name back to Snoop Dogg, as he revealed yesterday in a press conference promoting his latest project. As previously reported, the rap legend recently traveled to Jamaica and teamed with Diplo to record a full-length reggae album, Reincarnated. A documentary of the same name will premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival to coincide with the album’s release.

Snoop Dogg is going through some major changes in his music and personal life and the metamorphosis manifests itself in a new reggae album, Reincarnation.

Snoop spoke to a small group of journalists at Miss Lily’s, a popular Caribbean restaurant in New York and explained his new-found attitude.

“When I make records I like to come from the heart and records that means something, that’s gonna really change the world. And on this particular project, I had no planning on going to Jamaica, making a reggae record. The spirit called me. And, you know, anytime the spirit calls you, you gotta know that its serious.”

Snoop continued saying that the spirit he felt in Jamaica moved him in such a way that he evoked the late Bob Marley. “I’ve always said that I was Bob Marley reincarnated.” Incidentally, Rohan Marley was also in attendance, supporting Snoop’s new incarnation.

After speaking with his business manager, he decided to reach out to super producer Diplo and artist Major Lazer to begin crafting the album.

He said he had to establish some rules to the people that were working with him on the project.

“I basically let them know what I want. Its not that I want to become Snoop Dogg in a reggae track…I want to bury Snoop Dogg and become Snoop Lion.” The Long Beach representative said that after a spiritual meeting with a high priest his old name was discarded and replaced with “Lion.”

The rapper said that he’s “tired” of rap music and that he had seen the highest levels of achievement in the genre that make him famous.

“Rap is not a challenge to me. I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more. I don’t have no challenges,” he insisted. “I’m ‘Uncle Snoop’ in rap. When you get to be an uncle, you need to find a new profession so you can start over and be fresh again. I want to be a kid again.”

Snoop said that his Hip-Hop life has also made it difficult for him to offer live shows that weren’t inundated with profanity, sex and violence.

“I’ve always wanted to perform for kids, my grand mother and people around the world that love me, can’t accept the music that I make. This reggae music is the music of love, happiness and struggle.”

Snoop made it clear that he wasn’t fully retiring from Hip-Hop, but that he felt a need to express his personal growth through the music.

“Now as a 40-year-old man, the artists call me Uncle Snoop, I gotta give ‘em something. I can’t keep taking them to a dead end street and dropping them off. I gotta teach ‘em how to fish, teach ‘em how to grow…”
Reincarnation was also produced with a DVD movie that documented the creation of Snoop Lion.

6.   Prison Population- solitary confinement

7.   Serena Williams c-walks at Olympics
West Coast rapper Snoop "Dogg" Lion recently reacted to tennis superstar Serena Williams raising eyebrows over the weekend after she now-infamously crip walked following a gold medal Olympics match.
Brief with his words, Snoop applauded her televised move and let out a few laughs.
"Shot out to Serena williams. C walking at the Olympics Cpt style hahahahah! Go girl. pic.twitter.com/tL4yECzH," he tweeted August 4th. (Snoop Dogg's Twitter)
Former Flipmode Squad member Rah Digga also reacted to Williams' post-win moves last Saturday.
"And Serena gets the gold. Does the dance. Deuces. #nbcolympics," she tweeted Saturday. (Rah Digga's Twitter)
TLC's Chilli could not sway away from posting her reaction to the crip walk.
"Did y'all see that?Huh She spiked the H E double hockey sticks outta that ball! Go Serena!," she tweeted.
":Serena takes the GOLD!! Her 1st singles gold! USA Baby"
""@dashowstoppah: @officialchilli u c that crip walk??? lol" ( omg I did!! Lmbooooo)" (Chilli's Twitter)

1968 Olympics Black Power salute
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Gold Medallist Tommie Smith, (center) and Bronze medallist John Carlos (right) showing the raised fist on the podium after the 200m in the 1968 Summer Olympics wearing Olympic Project for Human Rights badges. Silver medallist Peter Norman from Australia (left) joins them.

The Human Rights salute at the 1968 Olympics was a protest made by the African American athletes Tommie Smith and John Carlos; the athletes made the raised fist gesture at the Olympic Stadium in Mexico City. The Australian competitor, Peter Norman, who was neither black nor American, also wore a human rights badge on his shirt during the ceremony to show his support to the two Americans. The event was one of the most overtly political statements[1] in the history of the modern Olympic Games. Tommie Smith stated in his autobiography, Silent Gesture, that the gesture was not a "Black Power" salute, but in fact a "human rights salute".
Contents

The protest

On the morning of 16 October 1968,[2] U.S. athlete Tommie Smith won the 200 meter race in a world-record time of 19.83 seconds, with Australia's Peter Norman second with a time of 20.06 seconds, and the U.S.'s John Carlos in third place with a time of 20.10 seconds. After the race was completed, the three went to collect their medals at the podium. The two U.S. athletes received their medals shoeless, but wearing black socks, to represent black poverty.[3]

8.   mosque burning in Joplin.  Sihk killed Wisconsin massacre.
United Arab Emirates Ambassador Yousef Al Otaiba was in Joplin Friday to announce that the oil-rich Persian Gulf nation is donating $5 million to Mercy Hospital for a pediatric section and the development of a neonatal intensive care unit, a first for the Joplin hospital.
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The United Arab Emirates on Tuesday pledged to give up to $1 million to help equip high school students in the tornado-ravaged city of Joplin with laptop computers for the coming school year.

Al Marashi hopes the gift will be start of a long-term relationship with the southwestern Missouri city, with future programs to include cultural exchanges.
"I don't want this to be a one-off investment," she said.

10.  Lauryn Hill sentenced to prison time
Lauryn Hill pled guilty to three counts of tax evasion, she could be sentenced for three years in prison plus fines.
We reported when the news first broke that Lauryn Hill faced federal charges for tax evasion, and now Hill has owned up to deliberately not paying her taxes, she faces three years in prison if charged.
TMZ reports that Lauryn Hill pled guilty today to three counts of failing to file her taxes, for the years 2005, 2006, and 2007, when she earned more than $1.8 million.
When the judge asked Hill if she ""intentionally and willingly" didn't pay her taxes, she replied, "Yes."
In addition to three years in prison, Hill also faces a fine of $75,000.
She was released on bail for $150,000. Her sentence hearing will be in November.

My intention has always been to get this situation rectified.  When I was working consistently without being affected by the interferences mentioned above, I filed and paid my taxes.  This only stopped when it was necessary to withdraw from society, in order to guarantee the safety and well-being of myself and my family.

As this, and other areas of issue are resolved and set straight, I am able to get back to doing what I should be doing, the way it should be done.  This is part of that process.  To those supporters who were told that I abandoned them, that is untrue.  I abandoned greed, corruption, and compromise, never you, and never the artistic gifts and abilities that sustained me.”

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:58:38 PM by Infinite - Ramadaan Mubarak »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Hiphop is dead...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:33:52 PM »
Nas says hip hpo is alive

Raphael

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »
wow this is like reading a random youtube rant.

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »
Nas says hip hpo is alive

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HnDRXCueT-o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HnDRXCueT-o</a>

Nate Dogg's Rotting Corpse.

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:34:59 PM »
Brian, I look at posters on here like DJMR who put a lot of work in to creating a really good slice of hip hop, then I read this drivel you post and get sad that dudes like you discredit an otherwise really interesting section of this forum.
Yes it is me, rapper/singer Nate Dogg. I am communicating with you from beyond the grave using this forum as a medium. Heed my words.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 02:39:17 PM »
wowzers....

smh
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 05:13:01 PM »
wowzers....

smh

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DhuY8AXsxC4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DhuY8AXsxC4</a>

LIGHTS_444

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
real og shitt 8) 8)

L.A.M.B!