Author Topic: No More Beats By Dre?  (Read 691 times)

Blasphemy (A)

Re: No More Beats By Dre?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »
Check it out. Maybe now hell start working on Detox

http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/12/monster-and-beats-electronics-discontinue-partnership-/&category=classic&icid=eng_latest_art

lol I'm really amazed they lasted this long. IMO that shit was way over priced. Course I guess you're just paying for the brand. Dr. Dre will probably start another venture, I've read he had Detox Cognac planned, course it was supposed to be scheduled around release, so its probably scrapped.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »
Did either of you guys actually read the article? I'm guessing not.

Beats by dre is a huge success and a cash cow.Monster was a huge company before this and the article says 60 percent of it's current revenue comes from beats by dre.

All this article says is that beats by dre won't be made by monster anymore as the companies contract is up and they are splitting because they couldn't agree on revenue split. Bears by dre is still a huge brand and retains all the rights to the products. They aren't going anywhere, either they will partner with another company or just strike out completely solo.

805Cyclone

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »
Well in order to continue to produce the headphones they need some one to make them. I'm sure they'll kiss and make up. Someones probably getting greedy and wants more $$$$$$.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:56:19 PM »
Dr. dre or iovine dont' care.  they already made their dough off it 80 mill each last i heard
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 11:14:31 PM »
Yeah, pretty hard to believe that the hottest pair of headphones will just stop being produced...

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:54:47 AM »
Yeah, pretty hard to believe that the hottest pair of headphones will just stop being produced...

Indeed! This being said, Beats Audio is ow also on phones (HTC) & as a car sound system, in addition to having been associated to HP so the end? I dunno... Though if it weren't for the $ generated by this brand, we'd probably all have our copy of "Detox) like maybe 2 years ago?

The Predator

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »
According to Business Week, Beats, which held a 53 percent stake of the $1 billion annual headphone market in 2011, has decided to terminate its partnership with the electronics brand. While each company says that there is no animosity, the publication reports that there was ill will over financial terms, “with divergent views on which side deserves the most credit for the line’s success and Beats balking at its share of the revenue.”

Monster is planning on putting out eight lines of headphones to compete with Beats. Jimmy Iovine, Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman, isn’t sweating it. “We have very big ambitions for Beats beyond headphones,” he says. “Music has got to succeed on the phone or else the record industry will never thrive.”

Look's like Jimmy will offer the ''Beats'' name brand to the highest bidder, not necessarily a 'Head-Phone' company maybe Apple, Microsoft, Sony etc..

Monster will not be able to over-price their products any more unless they want to catch losses. That's what the 'Beats' brand is, an excuse to over-price like a mo-fo coz of Dr Dre's affiliation.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 02:42:00 PM »
I like how people think anything that happens good or bad with "Beats" will equal Detox getting put out or worked on as if Dre's actually mass-producing headphones in his basement instead of working on music.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »
Bears by dre is still a huge brand...

Dre should definitely move into the bears market

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
So are people saddened that they will no longer be ripped off?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Portugoal

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 08:52:38 PM »
So are people saddened that they will no longer be ripped off?
aren't you? :loco:

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 09:11:20 PM »
Bears by dre is still a huge brand...

Dre should definitely move into the bears market

LOL

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 11:40:54 PM »
According to Business Week, Beats, which held a 53 percent stake of the $1 billion annual headphone market in 2011, has decided to terminate its partnership with the electronics brand. While each company says that there is no animosity, the publication reports that there was ill will over financial terms, “with divergent views on which side deserves the most credit for the line’s success and Beats balking at its share of the revenue.”

Monster is planning on putting out eight lines of headphones to compete with Beats. Jimmy Iovine, Interscope Geffen A&M Chairman, isn’t sweating it. “We have very big ambitions for Beats beyond headphones,” he says. “Music has got to succeed on the phone or else the record industry will never thrive.”

Look's like Jimmy will offer the ''Beats'' name brand to the highest bidder, not necessarily a 'Head-Phone' company maybe Apple, Microsoft, Sony etc..

Monster will not be able to over-price their products any more unless they want to catch losses. That's what the 'Beats' brand is, an excuse to over-price like a mo-fo coz of Dr Dre's affiliation.

If Apple bought beats shit would be game over though I doubt it would happen considering their partnership with HTC. Be interesting to know what type of revenue share Beats were looking for

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:36 PM »