Author Topic: Billy Danze Of M.O.P. Interview  (Read 58 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Billy Danze Of M.O.P. Interview
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2012/01/26/billy-danze-interview/

I2G chilled with one half of the legendary group M.O.P., Billy Danze for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new project, Raps United Nations, and how it is helping out up and coming artists, M.O.P., solo albums from the group and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Billy Danze, how’s it going?

I’m good man, just trying to win and trying not to sin bro.

You have your new project entitled R.U.N. (Raps United Nation) 1st Wave getting ready to drop soon. Tell me a little bit about the project and how it came together for you.

The way this project came together was that I have been in the industry for so long, traveling the world and just seeing that there are so many artists out there with talent. Actually these artists would rap circles around the top guys and someone needs to help the youngsters. I decided to put together this Raps United Nation because it is a easy look.., I mean getting in the industry is not easy but if we do it together and join forces with people around the globe, it will make it a easy process for people to be heard.

Do you see this eventually branching out into a full fledged label?

Actually that is already in talks, we have had 2 meetings already and we have 3 more to go. It’s going well, we released the first 2 records, Battlefield by Dutch and Grown Man B.I. by E-Dubb and already those records are being played in 10 countries. It’s definitely going to turn into a label situation but for now we are going to take it step by step and just get the artists all on board and start putting them out.

These guys have some incredible records and it would be a shame that people would just sit on this talent and not let everybody hear it.

Do you have a release date set for the project?

Well the 1st Wave will be February 15th, so we are about 3, 3 1/2 weeks away from that. The next ones will come May 15th, August 15th and November 15th. We already have them set up for the rest of the year, and we are going to keep pushing and we are going to be doing other things with the artists outside of the mixtape. Alot of them have videos so we are going to be pushing those out as well and we are talking to some people that can get these videos into the hands of MTV and BET, On Demand and all those other channels.

You have news coming out about Swizz Beats is the owner of Megaupload and labels running around scared that the sky is falling in about the state of the business. As a artist, what are your thoughts on the music industry as we are now starting 2012?

You know what, this is a business, and it is a business that has never failed since the beginning of selling music. It has always progressed and there were a couple rough patches here and there but I think 2012 is going to be great. Especially for Rap United Nation fans and other people that are trying to push hard to get into the game. As long as you keep working, everything will be good but the changing of the climate of the music is getting better because people are learning more about the business and doing it on their own.

They are not waiting on labels or waiting for management to do things for them, so I think the music industry is going to be fine. Try to imagine the world without music, you can’t, we need this, so the music industry is going to be fine. Whether is going to be Raps United Nation, Justin Beiber, Young Money, whatever it is, it’s still gonna keep rolling because people need music in their lives.

I agree, absolutely. Do you have any other projects outside of R.U.N. or M.O.P. currently that you are working on. I know you guys released the new M.O.P. album Sparta a couple months ago.

We are in talks with Premier right now to set up the next M.O.P. project. Of course we are also working on our solo albums, this year is really going to be from my standpoint is moving Raps United Nation and WeBuildHits.com and helping people get to where they need to go.

We really need a wave of hip hop stars and new music and that is what I am trying to focus on right now. M.O.P. is already solidified and we can always put out a new album and tour but we need that new wave of talent right now.

Do you feel that there is anyone that you have heard so far with this compilation, that you feel is the next artist to make it big? Not to single out some artists more than others but anyone that just blew you away with their music or the fans once they listen to the project?

There is a slew of them man. This cat is a producer and he works with other artists and he is putting a compilation out soon and his name is Kid Called Quest.

Yeah we actually did a couple features from him. He is dope.

The track that he has on this compilation is CRAZY. Also there is a kid named Rell from Texas who I have not heard…, and this is no disrespect to anybody in Texas, but I have not heard this kind of lyrical control since like a Scarface or Mr. Mike. There are a slew of dudes, like we have a guy named Kano from France who is incredible, a lady from Philly named Ms. London who is dope, Dutch, P-Dub, Oso who has a record on the project as well. I am screening the music myself and I am screening it from 3 different aspects, a fan, a rapper and as a businessman. What we have is something special and these artists are definitely going to shine.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

We are setting up the tour now, and we are going to shoot out to Canada around March and then we are also going to go back Sweden. We are also working on Thailand, we have alot of things coming up for M.O.P. and Raps United Nations man.

What is your website information and contact info for any artists that are interested in submitting something for R.U.N.?

Anyone that wants to talk business with me can hit me on twitter, www.twitter.com/billdanzemop. billydanze1@gmail.com and for any artists that want to be down with R.U.N., hit up rapsunitednation.com, fill out the information there and someone will get right back to you. For producers or artists that want to just work with some big name producers, check out www.webuildhits.com. We here and we waiting on people to hit us up and thank everyone for their support.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Let’s keep pushing, today is January 20th, 2012 and today is the first day of Hustlemania, that is where we at with it. WeBuildHits.com, RapsUnitedNation baby.