Author Topic: Superbowl thread  (Read 2454 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Superbowl thread
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:52 PM »
Bottom line - a healthy gronk gets the pats another score at some point during that game and a win, so says common sense at least but u never know.  Also, a healthy gronk gets that int in a jump ball scenario and its a completion not a turnover.  The safety thing thats on brady, but dropped passes on the potential game winning drive is not on brady, and to act like brady lost that game is just not true.  Can u imagine the giants' performance without their number one reciever?  Exactly.

Except I never called Eli the best ever and never said he should be in the discussion. Based on the film I've seen it's between 3 guys and only three guys; Johnny Unitas, Dan Marino and Peyton Manning. No one else belongs in the conversation.

Hell I never even said Eli played all that great a game. He just played better than Brady did. And that one throw to Mario was something Brady isn't capable of making, but Eli's bad game management with time and a lot of very risky throws that could have been disastrous were saved by luck, and a lot of very good bounces on those fumbles saved the Giants. But regardless of who won Eli still played a better game than Brady, but by lot, but still.

And yes a healthy Gronk probably makes that play, but a smarter QB would have known he wasn't healthy, and a better arm would have hit Gronk over the top instead of making him come back to it. I mean he showed the arm strength on the hail mary that he can hit the endzone from his own 40, and had he done that for Gronk at the very least the INT doesn't happen, and a TD maybe does happen.

If somehow Eli could make those dropped passes caught i doubt he would make a diff

No, but here's what Eli would do, like he did with the Manningham throw; throw the ball so that the WR doesn't have to change his position completely. Welker jumped nd turned around and had the ball been placed at the chest or on the side his arms were on upon te turn it would have been a complete drop by Welker if he didn't catch it, but since Tom Terrific threw it ou and away and Welker had to adjust in a split second the drop percentage goes way up. Just because Welker has saved a bunch of bad Brady throws over the last few tears doesn't mean it's his fault when he can't do it every time.

you understand if eli tried to throw it into his chest it would be intercepted as he was covered. that was an easy catch and any #2 receiver should be able to catch it. much less a #1 pro bowl receiver. you hate brady get over it. not sure if gisele bundchen was your girl and he stole her or what but geeze that's some irrational hate.

Irrantional? Who exactly was on Welker that would have INTd it if it was on the chest?

WHO?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/or1nSVUJeq8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/or1nSVUJeq8</a>

Unless either Phillips or Rolle can break the law of physics and teleport 3 to 4 yards neither is in reach of Welker's chest. The only other guy around is Webster and he's on the other side of where the ball should have been thrown. Brady's receivers have been carrying him with circus catches like that his whole career and they never get any credit, just get dumped as the no name guys, while the great "weapons" of Manning are the reason Peyton's numbers are so good. Reggie Wayne drops that ball 8 out of 10 times.

rayallen0

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »
i didn't exactly remember the catch but now seeing it. wow are you on crack. like the commentator says 100/100 times he will catch that. that isn't a circus catch. I've seen Bobby Engram make catches harder than that with ease. Welker is the #1 option. How can you hate him so much holy shit. Reggie Wayne & Harrison are both great. Wayne would never drop that pass. are you kidding me? maybe now days. as he has fallen off. but in his prime him and marvin harrison would make that catch with ease. I made those kind of catches and i was a tight end in high school...I seriously don't know what you think a circus catch is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JZHaKGDYspE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JZHaKGDYspE</a>
that man isn't making the catch?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HLRB2eNoyBM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HLRB2eNoyBM</a>

this guy is dropping it 80% of the time?

Chris Collinsworth a receiver himself was the one who said 100/100 times thats caught. not some idiot who has never played the game.

I think Peyton is the greatest QB of all time personally but god fucking damn you hate brady and love manning as much as nik hates lebron and loves kobe.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »
A circus catch by definition is when you have to flip to the side the ball isn't supposed to thrown to and making the catch. A very large portion of Welker's, and Gronk's, and Moss when he was there are catches where the WR has to adjust to the ball. Look at Marvin highlight vids and see how many of those balls he just has to stick his hands out for compared with how many he had to adjust for. I don't think Harrison is less than great. He is great, but so is Welker. But Welker was wider fucking open and there is no excuse for the greatest player of all time to not throw it "on the numbers".

That Wayne catch was incredible but the ball had to be thrown there or get defended, and Wayne made the play more than Manning did. Even that dive by Harrison, the ball had to be thrown far and away or it gets blocked or picked. Weler was by himself and the ball could have been thrown on the numbers, but Brady missed the throw.

Welker had an amazing play earlier in the game when the Pats were backed and Brady was blitzed in the endzone, he recognized the blitz and changed his route and because of that the Pats got out of the danger zone. No one's bragging about that today. With out it may have been safety number 2 for Brady.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »
Because we all know Peyton manning has never made mistakes in the playoffs. Or never thrown an interception in the superbowl. Oh wait, he has.Maybe that's why when you take out the one superbowl he was labelled a choke artist in the playoffs.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
Funny how Brady set a superbowl record yesterday with 16 straight completions. How do you twist that one shallow?  ::)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2012, 05:44:30 PM »
Funny how Brady set a superbowl record yesterday with 16 straight completions. How do you twist that one shallow?  ::)

he was 11/27 the rest of the game lol

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 05:49:08 PM »

he was 11/27 the rest of the game lol

And? That's like saying take out elis 30 completions and he's 0/10 the rest of the game.Just a dumb statement.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
If you actually watch the game of football, catches like that "impossible" one the Brady hater crew is saying Welker had no chance on happens every four drives & is caught like it's nothing. Those "INCREDIBLE" catches don't even make the Top Ten on ESPN.

There is a saying that if you can get a hand on it, you should catch it. I don't believe there is one for you getting both hands on it & it hitting you in the chest. I think those are just given receptions.

Brady was at the two yard line & went 98 yards throwing 10/10. Jokes.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 06:09:52 PM »
all i know is I've seen 3 Manning brothers hoist the Lombardi trophy since I last saw Tom Bieber win one

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
No point in arguing with shallow when it comes to Brady or manning. It's like debating with skip bayless or any other sensationalist journalist.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »
all i know is I've seen 3 Manning brothers hoist the Lombardi trophy since I last saw Tom Bieber win one

In the last ten years, Brady has made has made it to the Superbowl one more time than both of them lmao.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
Because we all know Peyton manning has never made mistakes in the playoffs. Or never thrown an interception in the superbowl. Oh wait, he has.Maybe that's why when you take out the one superbowl he was labelled a choke artist in the playoffs.

Of course he does, and when he does everyone blames Manning, because he's supposed to be the best. When you're the best you get the blame. The fact that Brady gets excuses made for him tells me what he really is. Just another great player that needs great players to make great plays for him. Brady is a great player who plays great. So is Eli, and Ben, and Drew. Peyton is simply the best player who plays the best. Unfortunately if all he plays is great his team still loses 9 out of 10 times, and if he plays not so great or poorly his team gets blown out 9 out of 10 times. The last two AFC Championship games Brady played in he threw for 209 yards 2 TDs and 3INTs with no ball going more than 18 yards against SD, and 239 yards no TDs and 2 INTs (with 2 more called back on penalties, and no ball more than 23 yards and Tommy boy wins both games and his team bails him out 9 out of 10 times.

And the one year Peyton's team bails him out in the playoffs he wins it all. So I say again, give Peyton a team that can bail him out when he has a less than great game and then we'll see some rings. Because right now of the 8 seasons Manning lost in the playoffs there are 5 or 6 times where he played as well or better than the opposing QB and the Colts lost the game, and despite 2 point something yards a carry on runs, and 1 point something seconds time in the pocket to pass the ball, and a defense that continuously lets up close to 200 rush yards per game and 8 minute drives, a lot of these losses were pretty close.

If that happens to Brady most people say "How can you expect Brady to win under those conditions". No one says that for Manning, and rightly so, just as long as they understand exactly how much better than Brady Manning really is.

Like I said, if Manning ends up with the Cheifs, Bears or Ravens, or a team like them next year and they don't win it all, I'll take it all back.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »
Brady just made it to the superbowl with one of the worst defenses in the league. Peyton manning has never played on a team with a defense as bad as the pats have had the last few seasons. They are horrendous.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »
Love how Brady has been "bailed out" with the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL.

A worse defense than the one that cost him a ring in 2008.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 08:07:53 PM »
Brady just made it to the superbowl with one of the worst defenses in the league. Peyton manning has never played on a team with a defense as bad as the pats have had the last few seasons. They are horrendous.

This year the Pats let up 21.4 points per game. The 2006 Championship Colts let up 22.5 points per game. In the playoffs the Pats 16.2 and the Colts 17.0

Just face it, the Pats win this game with a healthy Peyton Manning. Peyton never gets the safety, he hits Gronk in the endzone and he hits Welker on the numbers. He also hits Branch in stride on that one Branch drop that Brady threw behind him.