Author Topic: Superbowl thread  (Read 2453 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Superbowl thread
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2012, 06:10:54 AM »
Turnovers are a very poor measuring stick of a defense. More sensationist journalism shallow? Turnovers veer radically game to game season to season. How many times do defenders drop gimme interceptions? They are a random stat that have nothing to do with anything really. Yes, certain qbs throw more because they take more risks but Tom Brady isn't one of them. Eli should have been picked off at least three times by sf.But fumbles? Really shallow? Like that's a star that should be a measuring stick of a defense? Rofl. And you say I don't know football and your bring up fumble stats. Give me a break.What's next are you going to tell me whichever DBS have the highest interceptions are the best DBS in the season? Because sury by your logic interceptions are the measuring stick.

The pats were playing with scrubs in the secondary, fourth and fifth string safeties most of the season. They stunk. The reason the pats were in the top 15 in rush defense is because that's their only strength. Vince wilfork sees to that, he's a top three nose tackle in the league.

Sensationalism? I never said the Pats were a great D. That's Bills fault for letting everyone go and drafting around a QB that needs players to make him look good. You said the Colts never had a D even close to as bad as the current Pats D. That is the definition of sensationalism. I guess this would mean the Packers D this year was the worst ever. Even though in reality it's the same issue, the offense scoring early and the defense playing prevent for most of the second half.

And the only reason the Colts pass D has even modest numbers some years is because their run D is so bad no one bothers passing enough on them. They just run down their throats and eat clock.