Author Topic: Warren G  (Read 822 times)

Cavvy

Warren G
« on: February 28, 2012, 01:41:26 AM »
Has there been another West coast artist as poorly treated as this guy right here?Ive never meet the guy but he seems like a standup dude and a talented musician
So why was he never signed to the row, why do people like snoop rarely use his production?

Okka

Re: Warren G
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:32:46 AM »
Has there been another West coast artist as poorly treated as this guy right here?Ive never meet the guy but he seems like a standup dude and a talented musician
So why was he never signed to the row, why do people like snoop rarely use his production?

That' somethin' you will need to ask Snoop Dogg about, only he knows.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:24:20 AM »
I think comercially Warren G is thought of as a 'one hit wonder'. Also his song concepts can be a bit goofy. Having said that he always puts quality into his production so is perfect to have on board to give the production side of things a bit of weight artistically.

Okka

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:46:09 AM »
I think comercially Warren G is thought of as a 'one hit wonder'. Also his song concepts can be a bit goofy. Having said that he always puts quality into his production so is perfect to have on board to give the production side of things a bit of weight artistically.

"One hit wonder"? You're talkin' about in Europe, right?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:52:33 AM »

Def Jam dropped the ball on his 2nd album, like they did so many west coast releases back then

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 08:17:21 AM »

Well in the uk people only really remember Warren G from Regulate.

Promlem in having one massive hit and never coming through with a follow up to match the success.

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
the beat he did for the mac and devin album was dope as fuck it was like a new school g funk type beat, i was feelin that for sure  8)

Okka

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »

Well in the uk people only really remember Warren G from Regulate.

Promlem in having one massive hit and never coming through with a follow up to match the success.

Yeah, but it was more than just a "hit". Everybody knows "Regulate" all around the world.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »

Def Jam dropped the ball on his 2nd album, like they did so many west coast releases back then
What did they do?  I don't remember but I did pick up the album when it came out, assumign we are talking about Take a Look Over Your Shoulder.  Frankly I didn't think much of it.

Matty

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »
'This DJ' is another really well known joint, at least for people somewhat familiar with hip hop 8)

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »
i shot the sheriff, what's love got to do , i want it all, i don't think he's a one hit wonder nope. Certain media tend to reduce him to regulate but i'm sure people don't forget

"mac and devin" who is that ? Never heard that song (hook up?)
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 12:24:56 PM »
i shot the sheriff, what's love got to do , i want it all, i don't think he's a one hit wonder nope. Certain media tend to reduce him to regulate but i'm sure people don't forget
What's Love Got to Do with It was a single, but I don't really remember it being a hit.  But it was cool that they got Jackie Chan to be in the actual music video alongside him and Adina Howard.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »
Warren G had hits in Europe
"regulate", "prince igor" and "all night, all right" wit Peter Andre

PLANT

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 01:02:57 PM »

"mac and devin" who is that ? Never heard that song (hook up?)
The song is called "I Get Lifted" from the Mac & Devin Soundtrack (Snoop and Wiz Khalifia)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »

LOL hahahaha