Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy Sign with Aftermath/Interscope!  (Read 1550 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Kendrick Lamar and Black Hippy Sign with Aftermath/Interscope!
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »
Lmao these responses are gut-punches. I wish Dre would read this, maybe thatd be the slap upside the head he needs
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »
TDE signed a deal where some of the artists will be released via interscope/tde with Kendrick (aftermath will be involved in kendrick's only) / Jay Rock / schoolboy q / ab-soul.  Black Hippy is signed to TDE but they are not currently part of the deal.  It's more about financial backing for TDE to take their artist to the next level.   Hopefully, they retained the final say on what makes the album artistically.  

so it's not right to say kendrick / black hippy signed.  no TDE the label did a deal.  and those artists are part of that label and have been organized according to their personal needs. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Matty

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:36 PM »
the less tight the deal is, more chance something may come out of it. but he's working/been working with dre too? not always the best sign music will come out :laugh:

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 06:46:15 PM »
TDE signed to aftermath/interscope.

That means the whole roster is signed so they can release a black hippy album or solo albums from each member.

I'm guessing jay rocks will be a joint venture since he's signed to strange as well.

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 06:57:53 PM »
Lmao these responses are gut-punches. I wish Dre would read this, maybe thatd be the slap upside the head he needs

Haha seriously.. but his response will be...
''Y'all be the reason that dre aint been gettin no sleep, so fuck y'all !!  All of y'all. If y'all dont like me, blow me.''  ;D

But on a serious note, good for them ! I hope they get to release their projects without too much struggle.

BabyBird

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »
looks like slim pickins

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:20 PM »
 :-\ they better not mess up his releases

h2k4

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 08:32:45 PM »
TDE signed to aftermath/interscope.

That means the whole roster is signed so they can release a black hippy album or solo albums from each member.

I'm guessing jay rocks will be a joint venture since he's signed to strange as well.

dangeroo kipawaa ‏ @dangerookipawaa
        "TDE signed a joint venture with Aftermath and Interscope. Not Kendrick Jay Rock AB-Soul and Schoolboy Q. They are signed to TDE."
        "Black Hippy the group is signed to TDE. They are not involved in the deal. I have the freedom to put em out thru any company I want or indy"

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 08:49:06 PM »
So he can put them out under interscope.

It's a distribution deal but the artists aren't obligated to interscope.

The_Offence

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
This nigga top dawg needs to get up and coming label CEO of the year. This nigga is smart as fuck! He still has full control of black hippy even tho TDE he has a deal with aftermath/ intercope. So basically he using the aftermath/ intercope name to push his own label. This nigga is smart as fuck!.. he has full control of his artists, so aftermath/ intercope can't put them on the shelf. its just a distribution deal, but he still gets to use the aftermath/ intercope name :o wow this nigga is a genius... rappers need to learn from this brother top dawg.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:29:58 AM by The_Offence »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »
Nothing negative to say. I hope we get to see some Dre-produced Jay Rock and Kendrick Lamar albums but I ain't getting swallowed by the hype on this one.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 12:03:58 AM »
I think Kendrick and them can put Aftermath back on the road again like emineme did! Aftermath nowadays is not a big label no more compared to Ycmb . They need young and fresh cats who can talk to the new listeners so Kendrick is the best out of the west who can do it big . i think it's the best for the both parts. Because TDE sign as a team. they can back each other . the previous rappers who were sign was all alone aganst Iovine and Dre.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 12:31:33 AM »
Looks like Top Dawg's done some smart business with this, looking forward to their new music. Ab Soul or Kendrick up first?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 05:15:43 AM »
not exciting

Jimmy H.

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 11:02:18 AM »
I think Kendrick and them can put Aftermath back on the road again like emineme did! Aftermath nowadays is not a big label no more compared to Ycmb . They need young and fresh cats who can talk to the new listeners so Kendrick is the best out of the west who can do it big . i think it's the best for the both parts. Because TDE sign as a team. they can back each other . the previous rappers who were sign was all alone aganst Iovine and Dre.
There's some logic to that. Aftermath's weakness was never the music. It was marketing and promotion and by bringing on esentially a whole label and basically actig as a distribution unit for them, it could be a good move. It's still a little too early to decide but this seems like a promising prospect.