Author Topic: Huge Mistake By Jets Signing Sanchez for 40 Million  (Read 141 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Huge Mistake By Jets Signing Sanchez for 40 Million
« on: March 11, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »
Sanchez is a guy who I thought they were going to cut after the season.  Now it turns out they signed him to a superstar contract?   What's going on in New York?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Huge Mistake By Jets Signing Sanchez for 40 Million
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:23 PM »
while i certainly wished Peyton was on the Jets, Sanchez is a guy who can at least win road playoff games

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »
while i certainly wished Peyton was on the Jets, Sanchez is a guy who can at least win road playoff games

The guy didn't even make the playoffs last year, and his team was stacked! 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:39:52 PM »

last years jets team was far inferior to the previous years

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »

Lol, no they weren't. Not even close. This team was full of holes on defense and offense. They had the worst safeties in the league, slow aging lbs, no pass rush, an injury riddled offensive line, one good receiver and a TE that played poorly while their back up TE played horrendously. This team was a mess last season.

This deal is fine. People just see numbers and don't know what their reading. Or form opinions based off some terrible espn writer.

Sanchez was already signed. He was on a rookie contract, one of those ridiculous ones. With this deal his cap number is cut in half for this season and next. He signed an extension and restructured to lower his cap hit. They have an out in 2013 to cut him if it's not working out.

Cutting him? Are you serious? Jesus. He's a franchise qb who just finished his third season. He's improved every season while his team has gotten worse every year.

Go compare his stats to guys like big Ben, Eli manning, drew brees etc in their third season. By your logic the giants should have cut Eli manning after his third season as he had an identical staistical season as Sanchez.