Author Topic: X-Raided speaks on life & "SACRAMENTALLY DISTURBED"  (Read 121 times)

Sccit

X-Raided speaks on life & "SACRAMENTALLY DISTURBED"
« on: March 22, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »
SACRAMENTALLY DISTURBED
ANERAE V. BROWN

Every day in prison is a struggle. It takes a huge effort to stay in good spirits day by day. The politics and inner-workings of the system make it difficult to embrace positivity and rehabilitation. It’s all set up to encourage inmates to behave like animals. That makes it an incredibly difficult place to learn and grow in.

How can we expect people in society to sympathize with a bunch of criminals? They say, “Oh, it’s hard to be in prison? Tough sh*t! That’s what you get for gang banging and selling drugs!” Yet that attitude doesn’t take cultural factors into account. Conditions contribute to how people behave, especially in earlier years of development. That’s a scientific fact.

I was 17 years old in 1992 when I was arrested for gang-related homicide. I was young, immature, and extremely dangerous. All of my active male role models were gang members and drug dealers. My parental guidance was zero. I was out in the streets seeking love and respect, and I was willing to kill to get it. I went on trial for 187 in 1996.

I didn’t know how to feel about my crime or the victim in my case. I tried to act like it was all good. We rode for the set; basked in the glory from other idiotic maniacs. That’s how I got through my trial. “It’s Garden Blocc Crip. F*ck it. Ride or die.” I had that mentality for nearly a decade and a half. From George H.W. Bush to George W. Bush’s first year in office, I tried to be heartless on behalf of the C.

I’m 37 years old now. 20 years removed from that 17 year old kid who thought he knew everything. With all of those years of gang banging and death behind me, my question to everyone is, was I supposed to stay that way? To the people who say, “Oh well, that’s what you get.” Was I supposed to stop growing and go through the rest of my life with the mindset of a 17 year old gang banger? Was I supposed to embrace that darkness even when I realized it was all a mistake?

Whatever your individual answers, those are the questions facing my lil’ homies. Simplified, it comes down to choosing whether or not we’re going to grow up, regardless where we reside. I chose to grow up. I’m still from South Sacramento. Still a product of the Garden Blocc Crips; but I decide what kind of example I want to set, and in that way I get to prove to my homies that our behavior doesn’t have to be dictated by the circumstances of our lives. We can overcome our mistakes and learn new beliefs. Whoever isn’t applauding something like that, you’re a part of the problem. Straight up.

My new album, Sacramentally Disturbed, has a track called “Recidivism” that’s along those lines, and another called “I was 16” that describes how we end up in the streets and prison. The album is entertaining – I have my share of shoot ‘em up, bang bang tracks, no doubt, but at the same time, I feel that an album needs substance. Especially in my situation. My life is such that even speaking my reality is “Gangster.” I don’t have to lie, but I also don’t want to; so there’s food for thought on my album as well as good ole fashioned gangsta tracks. I believe that’s the West Coast blueprint. Listen to NWA, Ice Cube, Tupac… our biggest legends made thoughtful music. I’m continuing that tradition in the modern era. Being signed to Bloc Star/RBC Records gives me an advantage because I’m supported by the men who were behind some of the biggest rap albums in West Coast hip hop history. Ben Grossi, Bob Grossi, Brian Shafton, and Brett Morrow have amazing credentials, from Master P to Tech N9Ne. I have a lot of powerful people in my corner now.

I have a mixtape out online called Sacrifice, produced by Filthy Rich; just a warm-up for the album, although the album has studio quality, clear, digital vocals. Sacramentally Disturbed comes out March 27th on Bloc Star/RBC/E1 Music, produced by Michael “Leviathan” Williams and Rich “Filthy Rich” Morales. We’re bringing back that street knowledge era of gangsta rap. The proof is in the music.

Aneraé “X-Raided” Brown
Bloc Star Entertainment”

Inferio07

Re: X-Raided speaks on life & "SACRAMENTALLY DISTURBED"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:46 AM »
thanx for posting, always good to hear from X, i wonder when and if he will get released from prison, looking forward to his new album.

Sccit

Re: X-Raided speaks on life & "SACRAMENTALLY DISTURBED"
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:09:58 PM »
thanx for posting, always good to hear from X, i wonder when and if he will get released from prison, looking forward to his new album.

he's up for parole in september of '13.....but it's tough to be granted a release when ur serving a life sentence on murder charges. raided would is the perfect candidate for release, though. dudes been putting in work and has turned his life around. hopefully, the system recognizes that. hard to have faith in the system, though.