Author Topic: CUTLASS by E-40, B-Legit, and Richie Rich is the Best Rap Song of 2012  (Read 245 times)

MOBNigga06

I was gonna write that Cutlass is the best West Coast rap song of 2012 - which it is - but fuck it, it's the best song, period, to come out this year.

Three classic MCs with three of the best voices in the rap game, riding over a perfect West Coast beat. What more could anybody want?

Best Song of 2011 - DJ Quik's SO COMPTON
Best Song of 2012 - E-40's CUTLASS

Songs like these make me have hope for the future of the rap game.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

bouli77

it's a nice fucking song but let's not get carried away. it's good to hear those 3 on the same track again and the beat is fire but the hook is kinda corny, Sam Bostic or whoever sang it shouldn't have used autotune or whatever it is. and the verses aren't that tight, i mean they're alright but not "best song" material at all. still a dope song.

MOBNigga06

and the verses aren't that tight, i mean they're alright but not "best song" material at all. still a dope song.

To me, it's more about the vibe of the song overall than the quality of the verses. NWA made some classics "best song" cuts, but none of them had especially great lyrics. It was the overall vibe of the songs that made them great.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

bouli77

feel u, the vibe does the track !! but to me, to be a perfect song, the vibe isn't enough lol

KC-HOODSTA

man that aint even the best song on the trio of albums!  :laugh:

8)

doggfather

man that aint even the best song on the trio of albums!  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

polepositon

e40 and legit our amongst my fav rappers. so, i woulda checked it out period. but. being that u kept it all the way real bout so compton...mr. dj quik.u def got musical taste of  g. weswes. me love me some quik. but, what u said bout that being the best song of 2011 is the truth. im ot being biased. even though me wanna love him long time while the instrumental to so compton plays oh so softly while i make him moan and yearn for more. truth.com. his music is so fucking bananas. and hes fione.

polepositon

hmmm. just checked the song out. um, it's hot. but, I wouldn't say the best of 2012 even though, I have not listened to any songs. I thought he just had shift cd. this dude stay grinding.

the song has an old school 40 vibe. i like that. You're still right about the So Compton song though.