Author Topic: Mac Mall illegal business  (Read 159 times)

Cavvy

Mac Mall illegal business
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
first time hearing it,damn this joint is banging
possibly better than Untouchable
what do yall reckon?

Sccit

Re: Mac Mall illegal business
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »
his best album...u late on this 1

Cavvy

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:23:05 AM »
his best album...u late on this 1

damn straight. did he release anything dope after this?

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:31:52 AM »
"untouchable" is his next best... "illegal business 2000" had some dope cuts as well.. "immaculate" was good.. "mackin speaks louder than words" wasn't bad either. wasnt feelin his more recent shit, but "da u.s. open" album with mac dre was nice...still haven't gotten around to hearin his latest album, though.

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:24:28 AM »
first time hearing it,damn this joint is banging
possibly better than Untouchable
what do yall reckon?

better than Untouchable, a more cohesive sound. YBB Records at its best. can't believe Mac Mall was only fuckin 16 when he dropped the album. but Untouchable is hard as fuck as well, especially the Mike Mosley tracks.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:06:04 AM »
the album was a perfect example of the production being better than the rapping... he was still finding himself flow-wise, but khayree found a way to make it work, and in the process, created a classic. khayree was on top of his game back in them days. anything he touched turned to gold.

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »
it's a shame to think that the only platinum plaque this man probably has is a Vanilla Ice record on which he produced a song LOL. his other gold plaque must be new jersey drive ost.

but clearly, Khayree was before his time. Vallejo/Richmond producers in particular were ahead of their time. Studio Ton and Khayree man, they would produce an album from start to finish, did pretty much everything by themselves. I always loved Khayree's guitars (All about my fetti, forever hustlin, punk police), the saxs (Sick Wit Tis, Young Black Brotha), percussions and how the beat would switch in the middle of the songs (Gotta Survive, Sick Wit Tis), and the pimp background instrumentals at the beginning of songs (i.e. My Thang)

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
yea...the new khayree shit has been kinda disappointing. like i said, i havent heard mac mall's new one yet, but the khayree tracks i did hear from it weren't comparable to his old school shit.