Author Topic: Westcoast Rappers Who Were Actual Gang Members  (Read 2202 times)

Smiley62

• 'G'
Re: Westcoast Rappers Who Were Actual Gang Members
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
What about keita rock?
I bet Eazy-E is turning over in his grave.. To see that some of y'all done made gangster rap gay.. - DjQuik

SGT x Tok3R

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
WC

Nah, he said on his older records that he never gangbanged and if i remember right, he even talked about it on BET or somethin' like that. I'm sure somebody here remembers that.
When was that?  That's a surprise, if that's true.  If he's not really Cripping then he just soaked up their game to the fullest.

WC is from 111 NHC.

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
WC

Nah, he said on his older records that he never gangbanged and if i remember right, he even talked about it on BET or somethin' like that. I'm sure somebody here remembers that.
When was that?  That's a surprise, if that's true.  If he's not really Cripping then he just soaked up their game to the fullest.

WC is from 111 NHC.

His early records are littered with references to not being from a set.

"But I don't bang ya'll, so what can I say?  I am just a funky rapper from around the way"

The_Offence

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:12 AM »
you know, I don't think I've ever seen this thread topic before

props on an original idea

Are you being serious? Cuz this has been posted TOO many times.

And it never works because people always assume they know who's real and who's not based on who they like.

Example: I know no one is going to say Game. But the FACT remains dude was living on Cedar block, hanging with all those CBPirus, selling drugs with them, and obviously had a gun since he was shot with his own shit - sounds like a gang member to me. Flipside, how many times has DJ Quik claimed to be an OG then turned around and said he never banged he just lived in the TTP hood? Yet even when he's saying he didn't bang his fans on here will say "no he did".

One who no one can dare deny is Mr. Tracy Davis. Dude was so active that when his music career started he refused to have his face shown in videos because he was afraid his burglary victims would be able to identify him.  Spider Loc, Eazy-E, Mitchy Slick, etc are also all real gang members.

Jayo Felony lived in the NHC hood, he wore blue, he wasn't afraid to fight - but thats about it. He usually got a pass because he's relatives with some real Crip OGs. FACT.
OG redrum said game was never a blood. he said game was a piru investment that went wrong. niggas knew he could rap so they let him use the piru card and in return he would take care of them... why you think this nigga game can't go back to his own hood now ? this nigga is shooting videos in other niggaz hoods because the pass he got from cedar block got revoked. 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:20:35 AM by The_Offence »

BG Dresta

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »
WC

WC is from 111 NHC.

"But I don't bang ya'll, so what can I say?  I am just a funky rapper from around the way"

"Cause hatas can't stand to see a nigga doin' good but fuck Hollywood I'm a still bang the 'hood" lol :-X

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
Its so hilarious watching ot'ers try to talk on LA politics like ya'll know whats going on out here...

Remedy360

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »
All of them.

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2012, 01:37:39 PM »
Tupac

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2012, 01:45:40 PM »
Its so hilarious watching ot'ers try to talk on LA politics like ya'll know whats going on out here...
+1

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2012, 04:18:09 PM »
WC

WC is from 111 NHC.

"Cause hatas can't stand to see a nigga doin' good but fuck Hollywood I'm a still bang the 'hood" lol :-X

i'm confused now. LOL so did he or did he not bang ?
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BG Dresta

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »
i dont know just thought it was funny he said one thing then said another ;)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »
agreed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:42 PM »
WC

WC is from 111 NHC.

i'm confused now. LOL so did he or did he not bang ?
agreed.

There is a difference between being from the hood and gang banging; in his early records, WC was putting it down for people in the hood without set tripping or claiming any affiliation.

"Your girl better step, or I just might jack her, smack her like a gangster, but I don't bang..."

I am surprised that this is not more well known.  If you have not given them the time, check out his early records:
Low Profile - Pay Ya Dues
WC and the MAAD Circle - Ain't a Damn Thang Changed
WC and the MAAD Circle - Curb Servin'

714rep

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
There is a difference between being from the hood and gang banging; in his early records, WC was putting it down for people in the hood without set tripping or claiming any affiliation.

"Your girl better step, or I just might jack her, smack her like a gangster, but I don't bang..."

I am surprised that this is not more well known.  If you have not given them the time, check out his early records:

Not sayin you're wrong but....

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »

Not sayin you're wrong but....

You are right, Curb Swervin' is not a good example, especially with "West Up!" being the lead single.  I was assuming that if people had not heard the first two, they did not it either.