Author Topic: The 50 greatest Bay area rap songs  (Read 217 times)

Cavvy

MUHFUKKA

Re: The 50 greatest Bay area rap songs
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
i got as far as "blow the whistle". complex magazine is fuckin retarded, every one of these lists ive seen is bullshit. its like they want to name some classics but throw new shit on just because

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Cavvy

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:38:08 PM »
its an awful list put together by people who obviously dont know Bay area rap history

acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 10:43:42 PM »
that list is terrible. I would put maybe 15 of those on the list of 50 greatest bay area rap songs of all time. For christ sake they don't even have Hurricane on there...one of the biggest bay area songs EVER.

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:51 PM »
terrible, freaky tales is just the 13th?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 02:45:10 AM »
i got as far as "blow the whistle". complex magazine is fuckin retarded, every one of these lists ive seen is bullshit. its like they want to name some classics but throw new shit on just because

except for recent, hyphy tracks, the list is actually pretty respectable, i was expecting a lot worse. I mean mentioning Del, San Quinn, RBL, IMP, Saafir, 11/5, Cellski, B-Legit, N2Deep, Little Bruce, Dre Dog, Dru Down is a good look in my book. the top 5 is also pretty good, i would have chosen other tracks but its alright.

For christ sake they don't even have Hurricane on there...one of the biggest bay area songs EVER.

they put a lot of Sick Wid It classics though, like Captain Save a Hoe
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:47:36 AM by bouli77 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
Didn't go through the whole list, but pretty good except for the random hyphy era songs thrown on.