Author Topic: Am I the only one who likes "Whats Ya Phone #"??? lol  (Read 1144 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Am I the only one who likes "Whats Ya Phone #"??? lol
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 10:34:50 AM »
8)
Put me down, Loved the OG sample & This track.
AEOM is back to back as far as I'm concerned.

On a side note, I was pissed that the OG "California Love" was left off the album & replaced by the remix.
didn't know about the genuis move to release the "How do u want it" single which included both "Califonia love" & Hit 'Em up".

yeah

how do u want it single sold 2 or 3 million alone and introduced people to hit em up  8)

dexter

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 01:24:43 PM »
Yeah I like this song too. Bangs in a car system too.
good song

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
Such a waste of 2Pac's talent and time. This song is on the level of Nas making Dr. Knockboot.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 04:27:40 PM »
Such a waste of 2Pac's talent and time. This song is on the level of Nas making Dr. Knockboot.

LOL

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 05:01:33 PM »
Everytime this album is brought up, people seem to shit on this song like its one of pacs worst songs lol....i actually dig the shit out of the beat, just wish he rapped on it more, even when i was a teen this shit always got play  8)

Yeah.. the song is still dope.  One great thing about All Eyez On Me and why it is possibly the greatest hip-hop album of all-time, is that it is around 26 tracks deep (a double-album) with no skits, and yet every track is listenable!  No filler!  That is saying a lot considering how many tracks and how fast Pac completed the album.  The album is pure genius.

That being said, "What's Your Phone #" is probably my least favorite and least listened to track on the album.  But it is still dope, and was still a good fit for the album.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 05:05:50 PM »
this thread inspired me to listen to AEOM back to back

classic..not that i ever thought otherwize over the past 14 years lol

Cavvy

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 12:10:00 AM »
cmon guys its filler
always hated How do u want it as well

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »
Everytime this album is brought up, people seem to shit on this song like its one of pacs worst songs lol....i actually dig the shit out of the beat, just wish he rapped on it more, even when i was a teen this shit always got play  8)

Yeah theres a reason for that, because it is one of Pac's worst songs...more than likely his absolute worst. Although...

"What'z Ya Phone #" is one of the tracks from 'Pac I don't like and I always though this version was better compared to the OG one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ChCzGh1oBf8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ChCzGh1oBf8</a>

^ exactly what I was gonna say. not only is this version 10x better than the original, its not just dope by comparison, shit is actually a damn good song. whoever turned that trash into this piece of gold is a pure fuckin genius.

Yeah.. the song is still dope.  One great thing about All Eyez On Me and why it is possibly the greatest hip-hop album of all-time, is that it is around 26 tracks deep (a double-album) with no skits, and yet every track is listenable!  No filler!  That is saying a lot considering how many tracks and how fast Pac completed the album.  The album is pure genius.

This song is the epitome of a filler

cmon guys its filler
always hated How do u want it as well

Whoa really? To each his own but I never heard anyone not liking How Do You Want It.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Cavvy

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »
I guess Im just not the biggest AEOM fan. Trim it to a single album and yeah Id be all over it
Honestly I think Me against the world is his best and most human album, after that his subject matter narrowed and we got countless retreads of the guy riding on his enemies, downin liquor shouting out thuglife and M.O.B
If I die tonight>>any song released afterward
Strictly 4 my niggaz is underrated as well

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 06:25:41 AM »
"What'z Ya Phone #" is one of the tracks from 'Pac I don't like and I always though this version was better compared to the OG one.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ChCzGh1oBf8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ChCzGh1oBf8</a>

The Dannyboy origional is way iller.  Danny Boy did his thing on the AEOM album.  You can't take him off any of his tracks and say "it's better". 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »
I guess Im just not the biggest AEOM fan. Trim it to a single album and yeah Id be all over it
Honestly I think Me against the world is his best and most human album, after that his subject matter narrowed and we got countless retreads of the guy riding on his enemies, downin liquor shouting out thuglife and M.O.B

all eyez on me was very minimal with disses...everything was subliminal.

aeom was nothing but chill music besides a few hardcore songs like no more pain and aint hard to find

Westcoast Pig

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »
Whats Ya Phone Number (Ft. Hussein Fatal Numixx Alt Remix)

http://limelinx.com/files/30d4cdb385d282ebebce89cab56da9a0

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 11:06:55 AM »
henneseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! enemieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!

Sleazy

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »
The beat is really dope but the lyrics are... for someone else.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »
henneseeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! enemieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!

played out