Author Topic: Rakim - Let The Rhythm Hit Em' - ...just discovered this classic album  (Read 323 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Why do people bother to listen to trash like 2 Chain and Drake when there are so many classics from the 80's and 90's we still may not have gotten around to yet.   I've been a fan of Paid and Full and Don't Sweat The Technique for quite some time.  But I still had one Rakim/Erik B. album I'd still yet to get into... 

I'm finally just now getting around to Let The Rhythm Hit Em' and this may be the illest shit of all!!!    The production is so smooth with the drums, you can visualize the beats as if they were performed live; and Rakim's voice is so smooth it's just like another instrument on the track.  This shit is so fuckin dope!!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MUHFUKKA

its pretty funny you consider yourself such a hip hop expert when you havent listened to shit and youre dumb as a rock on top of it

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
its pretty funny you consider yourself such a hip hop expert when you havent listened to shit and youre dumb as a rock on top of it

Either:

A.  There are a lot of great hip-hop albums from the 80's and 90's that you haven't heard as well.

B.  You guys rush through classic albums and fail to fully digest them

MUHFUKKA

you claim hip hop died in 2006 or whatever and you havent checked for shit since then, but you havent even heard rakim's albums. shit you act like nas is a fuckin prophet but you said you just recently heard all his shit

Hack Wilson - real

LMAO @ BRIAN

another late to the part thread by brian

hey Brian whats your favorite Reasonable Doubt song?

Triple OG Rapsodie

I've been a fan of Paid and Full and Don't Sweat The Technique for quite some time.

By quite some time do you mean sometime in 2011?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I've been a fan of Paid and Full and Don't Sweat The Technique for quite some time.

no, 2002.   

Like I said.... either....

A.  There's great 80's and 90's albums you guys haven't gotten into yet

B.   You guys rush through great albums and fail to fully digest them

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm reading over at wikipedia this album actually was the first to receive 5 mics in the Source!  Certainly well-deserved.  Also, word is that Large Professor produced many of the tracks, uncredited.

MUHFUKKA

I'm reading over at wikipedia this album actually was the first to receive 5 mics in the Source!  Certainly well-deserved.  Also, word is that Large Professor produced many of the tracks, uncredited.
wow, youre an expert on it now! why dont you write some wanna be intellectual essay about how it relates to africa in your little diary and post it on here! queer

Triple OG Rapsodie

no, 2002.   

Like I said.... either....

A.  There's great 80's and 90's albums you guys haven't gotten into yet

B.   You guys rush through great albums and fail to fully digest them

In 2012 you are discovering for the first time classics everyone else already knew about. Is it really a shock no one respects your opinion? You can't expect to be taken seriously in music discussions when you haven't listened to 99.9% of it. I mean you haven't even listened to all the classic albums from your favorite rappers. That's how limited your perspective is.

Be honest with yourself, Infinite. In 2002 you didn't even know who Rakim was.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Bumpin...  "Keep Em Eager to Listen"-  Track is blazing... 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
You can't really hate on dude for going back and doing his history though. With the amount of music that is coming out, it's hard to go back and listen to EVERY classic album released, especially if he wasn't even getting into in until 2000 or whatever. There's plenty of albums I'm aware of that I haven't listened to yet, but I know I will eventually when I have the time to really digest it. With the internet now it makes it extremely easy to download 10 albums and listen to them all in a week, but are you really digesting these albums or just listening to them once so you can say you heard it?

I'm not a fan of this Infinite dude at all, he's borderline retarded sometimes, but can't hate him for appreciating one of the classics and trying to bring it into the discussion for people may not have heard it.

rayallen0

You can't really hate on dude for going back and doing his history though. With the amount of music that is coming out, it's hard to go back and listen to EVERY classic album released, especially if he wasn't even getting into in until 2000 or whatever. There's plenty of albums I'm aware of that I haven't listened to yet, but I know I will eventually when I have the time to really digest it. With the internet now it makes it extremely easy to download 10 albums and listen to them all in a week, but are you really digesting these albums or just listening to them once so you can say you heard it?

I'm not a fan of this Infinite dude at all, he's borderline retarded sometimes, but can't hate him for appreciating one of the classics and trying to bring it into the discussion for people may not have heard it.
If he also listened to new music sure. He says nothing good has come out since 2006 so he has had 6 fucking years to listen to all the classics.

Remedy360

It's because he's incredibly opinionated and says some ridiculous stuff so people will jump on him whenever they get the chance.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

If he also listened to new music sure. He says nothing good has come out since 2006 so he has had 6 fucking years to listen to all the classics.

Lol good point