Author Topic: Slip Capone on MCA from The Beastie Boys  (Read 336 times)

Slip Capone

• Lil Geezy
Slip Capone on MCA from The Beastie Boys
« on: May 04, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
The Beastie Boys "License To Ill" album was the first HipHop album i ever heard.I waz 8 years old & in England for the summer.My older cuzzinz over there were all old skool Punk Roccerz.The Johnny Rotten,Sid Vicious,Sex Pistol type.At the time I wanted 2 be a writer when i grew up (or an astronaut)When they heard me tell my short storiez which they liked & thought were very good 4 an 8 yr.old,My cuzzin Jonathan who waz about 15 at the time took me upstairz and said "listen 2 this" and played me a vinyl record.It waz very energetic & kinda crazy.Then one song came on that just grabbed me!The beat sounded like the record waz spinnin baccwardz & that muthafucca waz goin "ZZSHOOOP-ZZSHOOP-ZZSHOOP-ZZSHOO-ZZSHOOOP      ZZSHOOOP-ZZSHOOP- ZZSHOOP- ZZSHOO- ZZSHOOOP!  And then 3 wildstyle WhiteBoyz started 2 tell this crazy funny azz story that waz hella exciting, especially 2 an 8yr.old who had never really payed attention to or heard much rap music at that age & it waz still at a very early stage of HipHop.At that time i though Michael Jaccson & Prince were the Kingz of the world. The story waz this guy who had a little horsey named Paul Revere and he waz ridin it across the land drinkin beer  & waz on the run cuz he "did it" to the sherriffs daughter!Then this other guy who had a raspy criminal's voice that i later in life thought sounded like a young rappin Marlon Brando  tried 2 jacc  him 4 hiz beer, but then they got drunk and made friendz and got into a barfight and well...U know the rest of the story...At the time that waz the greatest thing i had ever heard and it might still be!I waz amazed like "Awww!WUT IZ THAT???"He told me it waz a group called "The Beastie Boyz" AndWhen the song waz over my cuzzin Jonathan leaned down to me with hiz thick british accent and said 2 me..."Cuzzin....I want u 2 write storiez like that" He gave me the record and said i could have it if i promised 2 write stories that rhymed like that and that i could make them be about ANYTHING i wanted.A week later i got on the plane with my Beastie Boys License to ill album tucced under my arm so nuthin could happen to it  & came bacc to Hawthorne California & proceeded to write cool storiez that rhymed.When my father found out he showed me sum people called The Treacherous 3,and Kurtis Blow & The Sugar Hill Gang who i liked becuz they told a cool story 2 about nasty chiccen & New York women.Now that i waz familiar with this new obsession i had found called hiphop i went on 2 discover LL Cool J and this guy named Rakim who seemed very wise & reminded me of a wizard of some kind and eventually a group called NWA who told stories that sounded like they happened rite on MY blocc!I continued 2 listen,and write & rap az a dope little b.boy until one day i joined a gang and changed my name 2 Slip Capone and the rest iz history......AND IT ALL STARTED WITH THE BEASTIE BOYS LICENSE TO ILL"ALBUM!!!   ADAM YAUCH R.I.P.AKA of MCA THE KING OF THE AVE from  of THE BEASTIE BOYS...MAY HE REST IN PEACE & IN HEAVEN....I am eternally grateful & at the same time deeply saddened because 2day i lost a hero who inadvertantly & unknowingly change the course of my life & played a strong part in makin me who i am 2day so i wrote this all just 2 say THANK YOU MCA........ -SLIP CAPONE

Sccit

Re: Slip Capone on MCA from The Beastie Boys
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
real shit...nice post, slip. i dont think many peeps realize just how different the state of hip-hop would be if it weren't for the beastie boys. hip-hop innovators, in every sense of the word. R.I.P

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 08:31:42 AM »
good post

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »
why was this moved to the gspot?

the mods can't read?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »
Never was a fan of the Beastie Boys.  Especially after I heard they dissed Em after Em had given them props back in the SSLP days
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
Never was a fan of the Beastie Boys.  Especially after I heard they dissed Em after Em had given them props back in the SSLP days

still...if there was no beastie boys, there would likely be no eminem. gotta give props where theyre due.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 04:43:48 PM »
also, just to clear it up, Beasties never dissed Eminem..

somethin did happen, though...in the words of the late MCA:

"It was actually funny, cause there was a little misunderstanding when he came to the dressing room," explains the group's MCA (a.k.a. Adam Yauch). "Because we'd been joking around, saying that we should have called our next album 'Still Doin' It, Huh?' and we kept on saying that, because every time some one saw us they would ask that. And so, when Eminem came into our dressing room, he was like, 'Yo, what's up, just wanted to say what's up to everybody' and we shook his hand and stuff. And then he said to us, 'Still doin it, man, still doin it.' And we all just burst out laughing. He kind of looked puzzled and walked out."

Mike D:

"Nah, I don't think he was mad. it wasn't that big of a deal"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 04:48:44 PM »

"It was actually funny, cause there was a little misunderstanding when he came to the dressing room," explains the group's MCA (a.k.a. Adam Yauch). "Because we'd been joking around, saying that we should have called our next album 'Still Doin' It, Huh?' and we kept on saying that, because every time some one saw us they would ask that. And so, when Eminem came into our dressing room, he was like, 'Yo, what's up, just wanted to say what's up to everybody' and we shook his hand and stuff. And then he said to us, 'Still doin it, man, still doin it.' And we all just burst out laughing. He kind of looked puzzled and walked out."

Mike D:

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I remember they dissed Eminem in the same way Moby did, when they were on some Buhddist shit. 

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »

Mike D:

I'm too lazy to look it up right now, but I remember they dissed Eminem in the same way Moby did, when they were on some Buhddist shit. 

never knew about that.. lemme know if u find an article or sumthin bout it

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »

never knew about that.. lemme know if u find an article or sumthin bout it

You can't always find everything on Google.  But I remember it well.  If my memory serves me it was at a music awards show, where Beastie Boys had won some lifetime achievement award.  They spoke out against rappers with homo-phobic or violent lyrics or something to that effect and it was clearly targeted at Em.  And Em was hurt by the comments because Em was always careful to give respect to the pioneers who paved the way for him.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
crazy...beastie boys gave props to eminem.

MCA in 2004 regarding the incident:

"Marshall, if you're reading this, before you go record an album's
worth of anti-Beastie Boys songs, please know that it was just a
misunderstanding. Nothing more. Beastie Boys respect you. Really"

Mike D:
"He definitely has his own way,— the way he switches
his flows up. Very versatile MC."

i think any beef is overblown, and i doubt if eminem would still hold any ill feelings towards beastie boys....he grew up bumpin their shit and i'm sure he still respects them and their music.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »
crazy...beastie boys gave props to eminem.

MCA in 2004 regarding the incident:

"Marshall, if you're reading this, before you go record an album's
worth of anti-Beastie Boys songs, please know that it was just a
misunderstanding. Nothing more. Beastie Boys respect you. Really"

Mike D:
"He definitely has his own way,— the way he switches
his flows up. Very versatile MC."

i think any beef is overblown, and i doubt if eminem would still hold any ill feelings towards beastie boys....he grew up bumpin their shit and i'm sure he still respects them and their music.

You may be right because Em has already came out and spoken some nice words since the news of his death

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
brian go raise your kids

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 07:56:48 PM »
brian go raise your kids

Does this make you a man?   The fact that you just dissed me in the way that 15 other UN-original little girls dissed me?  Does that make you feel like somebody to know that you are popular and that you are part of something? 

You can't be a part of anything real.  You can't stand on your own two.  You are nobody and you've never stood for anything.

So next best thing is to be a tabloid-bitch and take whatever the other little girls say and run with it.  That's your only chance of having friends and feeling like a big man.  You get to feel big if you get enough petty bitches together and try to circle-jerk your little rumors around to the point you feel your a part of something.

But you've never been a part of anything.  Your just trying to hide yourself.  Come in the ring bitch, and put on these gloves.  I want to see you in the ring bitch.   Let's see you be a man.  I don't want to see you pull a childish prank in hopes one of the other kids might laugh.  I know your so scared of being laughed at and so scared of ever showing your face.  Why don't you post your picture up little bitch? 

If your a man you would post your picture up, let's see your face and let's see what your all about, little bitch.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 08:34:04 PM »
LOL @ nik replying for brian