Author Topic: Is Young Money slowly being pushed out?  (Read 714 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Young Money slowly being pushed out?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 04:31:10 AM »
You cant have a decreasing value of product and an increasing number of sales forever. 

lol.

dnjp4life

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 07:03:50 AM »
YM have the pop audience, they are going nowhere. dont kid yourself guys. just cause a few old heads and rival rappers dont like them means nothing.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »
If only the opening post were true.  If this were the good old days then DJ's like Funk Flex and Tony Touch could dictate what was hott.  But now it's 16 year old ghetto girls who get music free on their telephone dictating what is hott, so Cash Money is here to stay.

Hip-Hop was brutally assaulted on Sept. 7th, 1996.  It spent many years suffering until it finally reached it's ultimate demise in late 2006, with the release of Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead album.  

The game has now been taken over by the Shaytan, and the Shaytan has propped up Young Money/Cash Money to deceive the people into following something with Zero intrinsic value and benefit.  People are left at the end of the day with no meaning and no substance.

Such is the state of hip-hop.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Your a fucking idiot, in this last month we've had Ab Soul, Big KRIT, Killer Mike and Curren$y all drop dope albums with substance, there's more dope music being released than I havetime to fully absorb, you barely even need to scratch the surface to find the dope shit. Hip hop is more alive than ever, even your hero NAS is saying "Life Is Good".

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »
Your a fucking idiot, in this last month we've had Ab Soul, Big KRIT, Killer Mike and Curren$y all drop dope albums with substance, there's more dope music being released than I havetime to fully absorb, you barely even need to scratch the surface to find the dope shit. Hip hop is more alive than ever, even your hero NAS is saying "Life Is Good".

not sure about Killer Mike being a dope album but yes he is a complete idiot when it comes to his hip hop posts

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »

I know most of the board is illiterate.  But if you ever do decide to take up the English language you will come to learn about two words.  "Symbolism" and "hyperbole".   I know it's above your level at the moment so I don't want to bore you.

Remedy360

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »

I know most of the board is illiterate.  But if you ever do decide to take up the English language you will come to learn about two words.  "Symbolism" and "hyperbole".   I know it's above your level at the moment so I don't want to bore you.

The reason people hate on you so much is because you're so opinionated and close minded. Try not being the most biased poster on this forum and actually looking at things objectively and you wouldn't have to defend yourself all the time.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »

I know most of the board is illiterate.  But if you ever do decide to take up the English language you will come to learn about two words.  "Symbolism" and "hyperbole".   I know it's above your level at the moment so I don't want to bore you.

Lol it's easy to tell you aint exaggerating shit, you genuinely believe what you say and you took the symbolism of "Hip Hop Is Dead" as 100% fact, for someone who believes he is so worldy your ignorance is astounding.

See the symbolism in this pic? That's the rest of the board on the left....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 10:15:56 PM by dubsmith_nz »

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 08:00:26 AM »

you really  need to stop acting like youre some sort of scholar or intellectual, youre really not that smart

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
Hip-Hop was brutally assaulted on Sept. 7th, 1996.  It spent many years suffering until it finally reached it's ultimate demise in late 2006, with the release of Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead album.  

And was immediately revived by the KRS-One and Marley Marl Hip Hop Lives album. Brian however, being ignorant of all things hip hop, failed to be aware of this until early 2012 and ended up missing out on 6 years of music.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »

you really  need to stop acting like youre some sort of scholar or intellectual, youre really not that smart

He's a troll. Straight up. His act got old.

Remedy360

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 09:09:52 PM »

And was immediately revived by the KRS-One and Marley Marl Hip Hop Lives album. Brian however, being ignorant of all things hip hop, failed to be aware of this until early 2012 and ended up missing out on 6 years of music.

lmao

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »

KRS Hip-Hop Lives effort with Marley Marl was basically saying that hip-hop can never die.  Because it lives in all of us who love the culture.  Anybody who's held a spray can and drawn graffiti or spoken from their heart in a freestyle, I mean these elements are universal and will be around forever.   Especially our beloved pioneers like KRS, hip-hop is in their heart and in the fabric of their being and they will continue to pass it on to the next generation of people like me, and I will pass it down to my son and so on.  So on that level hip-hop lives.

However, the context in which Nas was speaking was mainstream, and also on the growth of hip-hop.   Nas was trying to shock people and make them wake up.  That the game had taken a wrong turn and it's essence had been lost.  We all may lose ourselves at times in our lives.  We may still be breathing, walking and talking but our spirit gets lost and we forget who we are.  Nas was trying to remind us of that in the most shocking way by declaring hip-hop dead.  And he was right on!

....It must be sad for you illiterate kids at the forum to pass by great art and really miss the beauty and depth of it all.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 01:02:25 AM »
KRS Hip-Hop Lives effort with Marley Marl was basically saying that hip-hop can never die.  Because it lives in all of us who love the culture.  Anybody who's held a spray can and drawn graffiti or spoken from their heart in a freestyle, I mean these elements are universal and will be around forever.   Especially our beloved pioneers like KRS, hip-hop is in their heart and in the fabric of their being and they will continue to pass it on to the next generation of people like me, and I will pass it down to my son and so on.  So on that level hip-hop lives.

However, the context in which Nas was speaking was mainstream, and also on the growth of hip-hop.   Nas was trying to shock people and make them wake up.  That the game had taken a wrong turn and it's essence had been lost.

You realize 99% of the music released isn't mainstream? You've cut yourself off from new hip hop, meaning you have no clue what is going on in the culture. You're not in a position to speak on it.

....It must be sad for you illiterate kids at the forum to pass by great art and really miss the beauty and depth of it all.

One of your most ironic posts over, considering you listen to the least music out of anyone here. This is coming from the guy who just heard for the first time a classic 80s Eric B and Rakim album a month ago. Someone in your position should be acting humble and trying to soak up knowledge from others, not trying to lord your limited knowledge over those of us who have listened to more music than you.