Author Topic: Is Young Money slowly being pushed out?  (Read 706 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Is Young Money slowly being pushed out?
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:32:42 PM »
I always knew there were plenty of Hip Hop fans that didn't fuck with their music. But it seems the industry is just forming up against them.

You had this diss by Pusha T & then people like Kid Cudi coming out the blue saying "Fuck those niggas". GOOD Music doesn't fuck with them. Wayne & Jay aren't cool. Then just yesterday, Peter Rosenberg said Nicki's song was "Wack as fuck" & YM decided not to perform at Summer Jam. Funk Flex came out & said he doesn't fuck with their music & won't play that fake shit on the radio anymore.

I mean, Wayne, Drake & Nicki still have strong fanbases, who will probably ride & die to the point they'll remain relevant, but I haven't seen such animosity towards big name guys in the industry since like 50 & Ja lol.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Is Young Money slowly being pushed out?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
The comparison to 50 and G Unit is on point, over saturation is a killer. Nickis a pop artist now so I don't see the hip hop scene affecting her as much as the others. I guess we'll know when Waynes next EP comes out. Drake needs to stay in his lane though, noone believes the toughy guy, catch a body act.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:21 PM »
You cant have a decreasing value of product and an increasing number of sales forever. 
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:48:06 AM »
let's hope so,  but for it to happen non hip hop fans need to give up on Wayne and Drake

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:59:36 AM »
let's hope so,  but for it to happen non hip hop fans need to give up on Wayne and Drake

I think if they get shitted on hard enough by enough people they'd be forced to respond. Then it's obvious Wayne & Drake can't do shit in a battle. Nicki Minaj would probably make the best diss track out of that camp lmao.

Fraxxx

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »

I think if they get shitted on hard enough by enough people they'd be forced to respond. Then it's obvious Wayne & Drake can't do shit in a battle. Nicki Minaj would probably make the best diss track out of that camp lmao.

LOL I liked her style when I first heard her in a cypher with Budden and I bet you're right regarding a diss track from one of them.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »

LOL I liked her style when I first heard her in a cypher with Budden and I bet you're right regarding a diss track from one of them.

Yeah, I fucked with that verse lol.

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 11:52:10 AM »
that's actually a good question... obviously it's getting played out and their run is coming to an end. wonder what'll be the next big phase in hip hop. mixtape artists are having a nice buzz (K.R.I.T., Lamar, Curren$y, Dom Kennedy) and it seems like it's the route to choose if you wanna get respect these days. but they don't have the mainstream appeal YMCMB has and they'll never do but then again mainstream exposure isn't all that anymore as artists rely mostly on touring. i think we've reached an important turning point in hip hop.

caffeinefiend

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »
They need to find/make the next Drake or Nicki if they wanna stay on top.

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 01:03:28 PM »
Good riddance. Don't see it happening though. I don't really see the people that like Drake and Nikki (and new Wayne for that matter) really caring what Jay-Z, Cudi, etc say. With the whole 50/Ja thing I think those guys had a lot of the same fans, and when Eminem jumped in on it people just decided they were cooler. Right now in terms of mainstream success I don't really see someone on the same level as those three, and their fans seem more like the type that would cry over a rapper dissing them than jumping ship.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »
Eh they'll still sell 5 times as much as whoever disses them. They're still running shit until the audience gets tired of their shtick.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »
Eh they'll still sell 5 times as much as whoever disses them. They're still running shit until the audience gets tired of their shtick.

It's true. But mainstream Hip Hop fans are easily can be easily manipulated. It's all about what's "considered cool". So basically if everyone in Hip Hop declared it was "cool" for everybody to rap/sound a certain way, the current sound would go obsolete. It's why Jay-Z always adjusts to the sound that sells. Probably why Wayne dresses as close as he can to Tyler, The Creator & has gone from the "hardest nigga in New Orleans" to some wanna-be Tony Hawk.

Kinda like what happened to 50 Cent & Game. Their sounds just weren't "cool" anymore.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 11:48:22 PM »

It's true. But mainstream Hip Hop fans are easily can be easily manipulated. It's all about what's "considered cool". So basically if everyone in Hip Hop declared it was "cool" for everybody to rap/sound a certain way, the current sound would go obsolete. It's why Jay-Z always adjusts to the sound that sells. Probably why Wayne dresses as close as he can to Tyler, The Creator & has gone from the "hardest nigga in New Orleans" to some wanna-be Tony Hawk.

Kinda like what happened to 50 Cent & Game. Their sounds just weren't "cool" anymore.

Yeah but Kid Cudi and Pusha T aren't in a position to influence the hip hop audience. If both Jay-Z and Eminem came out and shitted on Young Money, then it might have an effect. But if anything it seems like most rappers are afraid to say anything about Lil Wayne and company for fear of losing their own fanbase. Even your boys Slaughterhouse end up sucking his dick whenever his name is brought up to them.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 11:59:52 PM »
flex fuckin apologised anyway because he has no backbone. YM have the pop audience, they are going nowhere. dont kid yourself guys. just cause a few old heads and rival rappers dont like them means nothing.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22:20 AM »
yeah its pretty fucked up actually..

Now when they really are the biggest in hip-hop and adding to the family with busta, bow and limp bizkit I guess people just gotta hate when people are the most succesful.